Worker drowns in bio-gas pond in Nakhon Pathom

rooster59

Worker drowns in bio-gas pond in Nakhon Pathom

By The Nation

A Man worker fell into a pond for storing chicken droppings to make bio-gas in Nakhon Patom, and drowned on Friday afternoon.

Police said the accident happened at the KCF Green Energy in Nakhon Pathom’s Bang Len district at 3.20pm.

The worker, Ya, 29, fell into the pond while he and other workers were repairing a water pump above the pond, which is 5 metres wide and about 8 metres deep. Other workers tried to save him by handing a long stick for him to hang on, but he quickly drowned.

The factory generates electricity for use in three farms of nearby Kasem Chai Foods Co.

Rescuers took about seven hours to retrieve the body by pumping out the chicken droppings.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326240

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-10

5 hours ago, leeneeds said:

No thought of safety!  barricade, harness or even a life bouy,

when employers start getting charged for negligence on so many levels 

will safety be taken seriously in Thailand, 

another needless waste of life,

Exactly, even a length of rope around the waist.......what price a life......But alas I think education is another factor, how often I see workers taking unsafe short cuts at heights, or using power tools / cutters etc and holding the items under their feet wearing flip flops.......the list is endless....:sad:

Edited by AhFarangJa

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly, even a length of rope around the waist.......what price a life......But alas I think education is another factor, how often I see workers taking unsafe short cuts at heights, or using power tools / cutters etc and holding the items under their feet wearing flip flops.......the list is endless....:sad:

Education. Hit the nail on the head. It would be hard to have the foresight to do a JSA when you haven't been educated and the way you're doing things is all you know.

People say 'but how can they not know?!'. If you've ever worked in a trade and have seen what danger a green apprentice can put you or themselves in you'd understand how common sense really isn't all that common.

Edited by MadMuhammad