North Korea threatens to "sink" Japan, reduce U.S. to "ashes and darkness"

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Korea is used to being rewarded for their leaders flapping their gums. Wasn't it Bill Clinton, genius statesman, who offered North Korea nuclear technology if the promised not to pursue nuclear weapons? Brilliant, I tell ya! What's next? Offering crack dealers free heroin if they agree to stop selling drugs?

Sadly, Trump isn't ignoring fat boy and moron Kim Jong Un. He's a maniac and a loser. The situation is easily handled: tell fat boy the rules. Then ignore him unless he breaks the rules. If he breaks the rules, slap him down and HARD.

Quit rewarding him with fuel oil, offers of nuclear reactors and other goodies to reward these savages for acting out like children.

3 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Yep, just like Saddam Hussein was in Iraq- with 100% of the vote.  ;)

Putin ,  another fine  example  , of modern day democracy .

The  list is endless .

Edited by elliss

53 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

North Korea is used to being rewarded for their leaders flapping their gums. Wasn't it Bill Clinton, genius statesman, who offered North Korea nuclear technology if the promised not to pursue nuclear weapons? Brilliant, I tell ya! What's next? Offering crack dealers free heroin if they agree to stop selling drugs?

No, they were offered light water reactors, which could not be used to produce fissile material. The Bush administration subsequently renaged on the deal under their ABC policy. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Well, "Juche" has worked for North Korea very well so far.  Strategic patience is our proper reaction.  As Jim Mattis has observed, any conflict with North Korea could result in horrendous casualties, especially in South Korea.  The South Korean decapitation teams are a good idea but preemptive action by South Korea could have disastrous results.  I'm not sure that taking out Kim Jong Un and his immediate circle would necessarily avoid a costly war.  Strategic patience and a closely motored containment are the least costly option right now.  Words are only damaging to the ego and can be ignored.

44 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Well, "Juche" has worked for North Korea very well so far.  Strategic patience is our proper reaction.  As Jim Mattis has observed, any conflict with North Korea could result in horrendous casualties, especially in South Korea.  The South Korean decapitation teams are a good idea but preemptive action by South Korea could have disastrous results.  I'm not sure that taking out Kim Jong Un and his immediate circle would necessarily avoid a costly war.  Strategic patience and a closely motored containment are the least costly option right now.  Words are only damaging to the ego and can be ignored.

If you will allow me to extrapolate on your post:

Let us imagine the day after. The DPRK citizenry wake up to find their leaders gone. Then what? Are they likely to raise a glass of Coke to their emancipation and happily be a part of South Korea/China? What jobs would be available - wiping babies' backsides or waiting at the tables of their enemies? They just aren't the kind of people that would put up with it, in my opinion. So now you have millions of bewildered, angry and confused people out for blood you need to feed, house, clothe and integrate into an entirely alien society. That might not work out well...

Edited by baboon

17 minutes ago, baboon said:

Let us imagine the day after. The DPRK citizenry wake up to find their leaders gone. Then what? Are they likely to raise a glass of Coke to their emancipation and happily be a part of South Korea/China? What jobs would be available - wiping babies' backsides or waiting at the tables of their enemies? They just aren't the kind of people that would put up with it, in my opinion. So now you have millions of bewildered, angry and confused people out for blood you need to feed, house, clothe and integrate into an entirely alien society. That might not work out well...

IMO they will not find themselves without a leader, they will find themselves with a different leader.

They will continue to do what they were doing before, only without the crazy.

I am sure the South Koreans would have contingency plans  for the governing and orderly re-integration of the North , not unlike east and west Germany.

Are psychotic dictator-tyrants with paranoid delusions of grandeur eligible for the comedy awards?  How about if they're overweight, sport really bad haircuts, wear funny coats and have an odd attraction to nutjob retired American basketball players?  How about if they go around screaming stupid stuff like "I'm going to sink Japan."?

They should quarantine NK totally.   Actually, they should've done it years ago.

If Kim weren't a homicidal maniac, he'd make a great cartoon character.

7 hours ago, sweatalot said:

may be - but unfortunately he is the leader of an impressive army and a nuclear state with increasing nuclear power. How they they can let him get away with this is beyond me

Impressive army ? do you think wars are won by numbers, not being funny but where have you been these last 20 years

The danger is that when this nut job sees that he is losing a battle on his own soil from an unseen enemy that he will actually order someone to attempt to detonate a nuke somewhere as a last resort

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not an easy task!

I hear that Trump has a re-election committee , their slogan for 2020 will be, " Re-elect Him, At least he is not Kim" 

If he's lucky, the Benghazi Harpy will try & run against him again, and he can just recycle the 'At least he's not Hillary' stuff. 

3 hours ago, Credo said:

I think they are distracted with the mundane task of staying alive and finding food.

Um, "they" would include Trump you know. And Moon and Abe...

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2017/09/14/commentary/world-commentary/north-korean-nuclear-crisis-illusion/#.WbsOhcZrxtQ

Edited by Ruffian Dick

Sounds like you been watching too many 'Space Movies' .... You like to use language same as in the movies rather than saying what you mean in English....... You sound like somebody who likes to 'dazzle' folks with 'technical talk and really don't know that much about you are talking about..... Try to explain in 'simple english language please..............
Bombastic hyperbole.............destroy the Universe leaving only one dimension.............Supreme Grand Pupa....... Are there any other ThaiVisa posters who understand the context of this wording......... Maybe you are 'smarter than me'........... LOL.......... In your dreams, maybe............

I presumed he had wandered into this forum from another dimension, by mistake...

5 hours ago, baboon said:

It worked out great for East Germany.  Same could happen for North Korea.  The people would be happier and Kim would be gone.

The ideal solution would be pin point assassinations of Kim, and 50 of his top generals. Take out the entire command structure. If that is not possible, starve the fat man. Cut him off. Force China's hand with punishing sanctions, and embarrassment before the world.

If Kim were to act on any of his promises, his country would be reduced to ashes. That is all the excuses many nations would need. So, his posture is entirely defensive in nature. He is a swine. A worm. A despot who has never left his nation since he assumed power, and never met with another world leader. What does that tell you? He is more afraid of world leaders than Donald Trump.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If that is not possible, starve the fat man. Cut him off.

The worst you can do ! Push him in a corner with no options and nothing to loose , he won't hesitate to launch everything he's got.

SK & Japan the first to go . Buy your Samsung SSD's now ,( and Toshiba's) , because there will be a shortage soon . :shock1:

22 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Well, at least we're getting an idea of where his priorities lie - in terms of where he plans to attack first.  Part of gaining advantage over an adversary, is knowing where he wants to attack.  Or maybe it's a ploy?   While defenses are being readied at Japan, Guam, and western parts of the US, ....perhaps Fat Boy will point his missiles at other targets instead.   Interesting that, lately, he hasn't mentioned attacking S.Korea.

Actually he mentioned S Korea today, according to the latest CNN news report.:wai: