Trump hits back at Clinton, with a golf ball, on Twitter

webfact

Trump hits back at Clinton, with a golf ball, on Twitter

tag-reuters.jpg

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attends a signing of her new book 'What Happened' at Barnes & Noble bookstore at Union Square in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., September 12, 2017. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday retweeted a doctored video of himself taking a golf swing and hitting former Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton, who then stumbles as she boards a plane.

Clinton had been back on the Republican president's Twitter feed in recent days as she promoted "What Happened," her new book about the 2016 presidential election, with Trump resuming his campaign attack of "Crooked Hillary."

The video, retweeted by several users, shows Trump on a golf course hitting a ball before segueing to the doctored shot of a golf ball hitting then-Secretary of State Clinton in the back as she is boarding a plane. The original video of Clinton, from 2011, does not show a golf ball.

"Donald Trump's amazing golf swing #CrookedHillary," the tweet read.

Trump attacked Clinton directly last Wednesday in a pair of Twitter posts.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton blames everybody (and every thing) but herself for her election loss," he said. "She lost the debates and lost her direction! The 'deplorables' came back to haunt Hillary. They expressed their feelings loud and clear. She spent big money but, in the end, had no game!"

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said later that day that Clinton was pushing "false narratives" in the book. Clinton admits mistakes during the campaign in the book but gives a harsh account of factors she believes led to Trump's victory, including alleged interference by Russia on his behalf and former FBI Director James Comey announcement that investigators were looking at a new trove of emails related to Clinton.

Clinton, who has been giving a series of interviews promoting the book, responded to Trump's earlier criticism on Twitter with a suggestion that he read her earlier book, "It Takes a Village," a picture book for children.

A senior Democrat, U.S. Representative Adam Schiff, said the retweet did not make him question Trump's recent outreach to Democrats but was disturbing.

"It is distressing, though, to have a president that frankly will tweet and retweet things as juvenile as that," Schiff said on ABC's "This Week" program. "It doesn't help, I think in terms of his stature, it doesn't help in terms of the stature of our whole country."

(Reporting by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-18

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"It is distressing, though, to have a president that frankly will tweet and retweet things as juvenile as that," Schiff said on ABC's "This Week" program. "It doesn't help, I think in terms of his stature, it doesn't help in terms of the stature of our whole country."

Does anyone really expect anything else from Donny John? At this point does it even matter about what people think of "his stature"? It is already baked into the cake.

The election was 10 months ago, I guess Donny John still has popular vote anxiety. He can't seem to let it go.

Another example of an unhinged, disintegrating, elderly mind.

Fuctupmind, another glaring example the Twitter accounts this feeble minded occupier of the White House cruises:

Trump Retweeted A Video From An Anti-Semitic Account Showing Him Hitting Hillary Clinton With A Golf Ball

"President Trump on Sunday morning retweeted a doctored video showing him hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball — from an account that makes racial, anti-Semitic, and anti-LGBT comments."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvillesmith/trump-golf-ball-rt?utm_term=.djoMVrXBjO#.qiyNvBD1yn

Meet the racist birther Donald Trump just retweeted

"The post, by Twitter user Fuctupmind was part of a slew of early morning retweets of pro-Trump memes by the Preisdent. Fuctupmind has previously pedaled in a number of far-right conspiracy theories, including the belief that Obama is a Muslim, and that Hillary Clinton was involved in the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich."

"Fuctupmind also uses Gab, a social media platform which is popular with white nationalists."

https://thinkprogress.org/meet-the-racist-birther-donald-trump-just-retweeted-c865cb7de098/

1.png

4 hours ago, tomwct said:

Love it! It reminds people that they made the right choice when they elected Trump! Making America Great Again One Day At A Time!

Watch these videos – just to the end – and you'll get a real perception how he will „forget“ America again. He isn't still able to remember what he had to do ….. after a few minutes. Be happy if such a brain-disabled man doesn't make America „great“ again.

We have a lot of parrots on TVF. They verbatim repeat the propaganda of this man with his multiple lapses of memory, proven by following videos. And there are more examples that his brain is disrupted. I.e. must repeat primitive words and half sentences instantly.

Press on the URLs.

https://youtu.be/C4uR1yBx1Y8

https://youtu.be/sF5TGQgQJeA

Edited by puck2

Guest Jerry787
6 hours ago, tomwct said:

Love it! It reminds people that they made the right choice when they elected Trump! Making America Great Again One Day At A Time!

this guy its for real, right choice to vote for trump, ??? make america drunkie again and finally become a loser ?

2 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Have you read the book?

Do we need to ?

Call me names if you want, but I'm pretty sure he's right, because that's just like her, isn't it ? I hate Trump with everything in me, but I wouldn't have voted for that woman if I was American, because she's living proof that the Republican/Democrat so called 'alternative' is a deplorable hoax.

Obama had good intentions and was a man with a conscience, I have no doubt about it, but he could not make a single one of his dreams come true, because that's how things work in the United States : there's realpolitik, led by the big corporations and the finance guys, and then there's that Broadway-style cover-up show going on in Washington, financed and written by the real power-guys, where a bunch of actors try to make people believe they are for real. The Truman Show is what comes to my mind when I see this.

When Al Gore wrote 'The Assault on Reason' in 2007 after his presidential defeat, he wrote a honorable book because the guy, for all his flaws, is a honorable man. Hillary is not. Honorable, I mean :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Do we need to ?

Call me names if you want, but I'm pretty sure he's right, because that's just like her, isn't it ? I hate Trump with everything in me, but I wouldn't have voted for that woman if I was American, because she's living proof that the Republican/Democrat so called 'alternative' is a deplorable hoax.

Obama had good intentions and was a man with a conscience, I have no doubt about it, but he could not make a single one of his dreams come true, because that's how things work in the United States : there's realpolitik, led by the big corporations and the finance guys, and then there's that Broadway-style cover-up show going on in Washington, financed and written by the real power-guys, where a bunch of actors try to make people believe they are for real. The Truman Show is what comes to my mind when I see this.

When Al Gore wrote 'The Assault on Reason' in 2007 after his presidential defeat, he wrote a honorable book because the guy, for all his flaws, is a honorable man. Hillary is not. Honorable, I mean :tongue:

Yes, if you are going to label the book an exercise in narcissism, then you must have taken the time to read it or you are just blowing smoke based on pre-existing beliefs and agendas.

Kinda like your thoughts....

6 hours ago, Silurian said:

Does anyone really expect anything else from Donny John? At this point does it even matter about what people think of "his stature"? It is already baked into the cake.

The election was 10 months ago, I guess Donny John still has popular vote anxiety. He can't seem to let it go.

He is such an appalling individual. He has absolutely no class or redeeming qualities. He's great at corruption or sucking up to Putin however.

6 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

He is such an appalling individual. He has absolutely no class or redeeming qualities. He's great at corruption or sucking up to Putin however.

Yes, and the only decent patriotic response to such a gross historical mistake is relentless resistance. Accepting that corrupt sleazeball racist conman as a "normal" president is caving in to the sickness that he represents. 

Of course that he legally won must be accepted even though aided heavily by dark forces from Russia and lost the popular vote massively. That's a separate matter. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, and the only decent patriotic response to such a gross historical mistake is relentless resistance. Accepting that corrupt sleazeball racist conman as a "normal" president is caving in to the sickness that he represents. 

Of course that he legally won must be accepted even though aided heavily by dark forces from Russia and lost the popular vote massively. That's a separate matter. 

Try watching the documentary "Altered Staesmen" and I'll think you may find quite a lot of presidents were far from 'normal'.

I don't see much difference between.
lier game player and a lier clown  businessman. 
This happense when there are only 2 corrupted choices from 2 different parties that are at the end with their best candidates. 

No there was no equivalent badness between the two final choices. trump was much much worse.

I think that Trump is remarkable.  For one man to singlehandedly dumb down a US presidency to the gutter level as he has is amazing.  The fact that he is still POTUS is even more remarkable.

Yes he is remarkable. Remarkably bad. The majority of Americans are embarrassed to have him as president. To me those are the decent Americans.

10 hours ago, tomwct said:

Please tell us what this Make America Great Again will look like. Because the person you are supporting certainly didn't explain it to us.

39 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Please tell us what this Make America Great Again will look like. Because the person you are supporting certainly didn't explain it to us.

He actually made it clear what he meant and most of his voters got the message loud and clear.

"Great" to Maga freaks means when WHITE people dominated American life more than now and had even more WHITE privilege than they have now. Also implied in the "greatness" of "whiteness" -- straight people, Christians, and MALE dominance as well. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He actually made it clear what he meant and most of his voters got the message loud and clear.

"Great" to Maga freaks means when WHITE people dominated American life more than now and had even more WHITE privilege than they have now. Also implied in the "greatness" of "whiteness" -- straight people, Christians, and MALE dominance as well. 

And clearly that is the same mindset of his dwindling number of supporters.