Man arrested for throwing paint on badly-parked car in Samut Prakan

webfact

Man arrested for throwing paint on badly-parked car  

10c81ea16e2554937c5ac6bec75eb95e-sld.jpg

SAMUT PRAKAN: -- Be careful where you park your car and think twice before deciding to react to anything that upsets you. That could be the message after an incident in Samut Prakan on Wednesday.

Police detained a man who confessed that he damaged a black Toyota sedan and splashed orange paint on it out of anger after finding the car had blocked the exit from his house and he could not run an errand in his own vehicle.

Police who were alerted about the incident rushed to an alley on Teparak Road in Muang district at about noon and met Pisai Sawannasai, 59, owner of the Toyota sedan who complained that his vehicle had been vandalised.

At the scene, police found that a side window glass as well as the licence plate were broken. Impossible not to notice was the fact that yellow paint had been splashed on the front and rear parts of the car. 

Pisai told police that he parked his car without noticing that it blocked entrance to the property. When he returned after about half an hour, he found the car had been vandalised.

“I was wrong that my car blocked somebody’s way, but I think this was an overreaction. I will not tolerate this, I’ve already sought legal action against the wrongdoer,” Pisai said.

A witness, water vendor Kallaya Phetchnoi, 46, told police that she saw a man try but fail to drive a car out of a house that was blocked by Pisai’s car. The man then went around to find the owner but could not find him.

Looking angry and upset, he returned to his house and came out again with a baton with which he hit Pisai’s car. After that, he threw orange paint on the vehicle.

Police invited the man, who was later identified as Khao Sangjan, 54, to the police station. Khao reportedly confessed to vandalising Pisai’s car out of anger because he could get his car out of the house.

After committing the offences, he travelled by taxi to run his errand, then returned to his house before being summonsed by police. Khao was charged with malicious damage. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30327252

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-21

7 minutes ago, Thian said:

But i'm colorblind anyway, so this color is yellow

Yes the colour changed mid article and then reverted back 555 

Can't fault the performance artist for his colour scheme actually, black and orange is very sporty and the splatter pattern conveys speed and dynamism. The owner might just think about keeping it. 

That angry neighbour probably has family in our street.

They are angry that another neighbour always parks his car on the street so they can't go into their driveway.  That other neighbour already has showed him in his own car how to drive in his driveway, he just can't drive well which he confessed.  That story ended up in calling the brother who's police and let him swing his gun around against the angry neighbour.

But the guy still can't drive, now he drives into the street in reverse and even turns off the headlights while doing it (also after dark).

How hard can it be to go into this driveway??

40 minutes ago, Thian said:

That angry neighbour probably has family in our street.

They are angry that another neighbour always parks his car on the street so they can't go into their driveway.  That other neighbour already has showed him in his own car how to drive in his driveway, he just can't drive well which he confessed.

That story ended up in calling the brother who's police and let him swing his gun around against the angry neighbour.

But the guy still can't drive, now he drives into the street in reverse and even turns off the headlights while doing it (also after dark).

How hard can it be to go into this driveway??

Yeah! There's plenty of room to drive on the sidewalk!

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've had people park in my driveway and then seem surprised that I am not all 'jai yen yen'.    I also lived in an Moo bahn with wide streets and plenty of parking without blocking my driveway.   

Four strong backs can move these little cars. Been there, done that, back when I had a strong back;-)

I was recently blocked in a bank parking lot by someone to good to wait for a spot. I thought the unwritten code was to leave it in neutral when doing that.

I say the orange color scheme was getting off easy. In other parts of the globe your vehicle is towed, ticketed & impounded in a heartbeat for that crap. What if that guy in the house had an emergency? Pure selfishness!

ok in the UK,,  school diner lady parked in front of my gates. (dropped kerb my right of way.) i said sorry love cannot park there i need to get my boat out, she answered, you shouldn't have a boat, locked her car up and walked off, i had to call the cops. :sleepy:

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes the colour changed mid article and then reverted back 555 

Can't fault the performance artist for his colour scheme actually, black and orange is very sporty and the splatter pattern conveys speed and dynamism. The owner might just think about keeping it. 

Indeed, looks rather creative, much better than those silly stickers covering half a car/pickup truck that you see more and more nowadays...

My sympathies are with the guy who could not get out of his house because of a totally inconsiderate a*s*h*l* who knew exactly what he was doing. Happens to me a few times a week with gays from a nearby bar parking their motorcycles right behind my car, they don,t give a s*i* about anyone else and are terrible neighbours !

21 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

My sympathies are with the guy who could not get out of his house because of a totally inconsiderate a*s*h*l* who knew exactly what he was doing. Happens to me a few times a week with gays from a nearby bar parking their motorcycles right behind my car, they don,t give a s*i* about anyone else and are terrible neighbours !

how do you know those GUYS areGAYS

Come home one night and someone had parked halfway across my drive. Tried to squeeze past car and brick wall carefully watching other car. Ended up with damage to my car scraping the brick wall. I did notice later the other car had 2 broken tail lights.  Don't know how that happened. My car did not touch it. 

1 minute ago, Zyxel said:

Because the bar they are going to is a gay bar, or he saw them walking swinging their hips.

In Australia, and probably other countries too, we have a thing called jaywalking. Is the above gaywalking? 

I empathize with the paint thrower...  in fact I'd like to see this response more for it angers me often how many park with total and utter carelessness towards others. 

All the time I see cones outside peoples driveways and in front of their gates because people are just too careless to pay attention to where they park and think very little about any inconvenience they may cause others. 

My wife was blocked in a car park, another car parked in front of her in gear (not in neutral), perhaps the driver innocently forgot - 3 parking attendants jacked up the car and moved it. I'd like to see a 500 baht fine under such circumstances (a moving fee !).

People block Box Junctions (marked in yellow), people fail to give way and squeeze through the smallest of gaps when waiting 30 seconds would be much easier. The general level carelessness and inconsideration is astonishing. 

So... I would like to see people cars 'paint splashed' more.... It would force more people to be very careful about where they abandoned their vehicles. 

In this case, the Owner of the car should also face a charge of illegal parking. 

Paint isn't too bad; one time outside a Thai restaurant in Pattaya I saw a group of farangs park in what they thought was neutral parking, ended up being the restaurants. After they left, the security guard calmly walked over to their car with a meat cleaver. He laid the cleaver down flat horizontally and went over every panel scraping off a 50 mm wide by 1metre long line of paint. This was approx 20 years ago and it still sticks in my memory. Any time I went back to that restaurant I made sure that the security guard saw me enter the restaurant. I'm also VERY careful around the front of shophouses that are businesses; it's not their street, it's the city's, but some shop owners treat the street as theirs; better to be safe than sorry. 

49 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Paint isn't too bad; one time outside a Thai restaurant in Pattaya I saw a group of farangs park in what they thought was neutral parking, ended up being the restaurants. After they left, the security guard calmly walked over to their car with a meat cleaver. He laid the cleaver down flat horizontally and went over every panel scraping off a 50 mm wide by 1metre long line of paint. This was approx 20 years ago and it still sticks in my memory. Any time I went back to that restaurant I made sure that the security guard saw me enter the restaurant. I'm also VERY careful around the front of shophouses that are businesses; it's not their street, it's the city's, but some shop owners treat the street as theirs; better to be safe than sorry. 

I had an argument with the french owner of a French restaurant in Kampanding Road CM. I had parked in front of his restaurant and he claimed he had paid for the footpath and parking in front. He was ready to punch me out but I had my phone recording. Mind you the restaurant was closed when I parked there and a BIG sign securely taped to my windscreen telling me not to park there when I returned. Locals told my gf he has lots problems with people over parking. He even dragged a motorbike out into the middle of the road of someone who parked in HIS paid for parking. Big guy so probably intimidates people. Went to his restaurant one time before this. Shit food.

But for the reasons you mentioned above I just don't park there. Karma will get him one day.

Edited by Dazinoz

9 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I had an argument with the french owner of a French restaurant in Kampanding Road CM. I had parked in front of his restaurant and he claimed he had paid for the footpath and parking in front. He was ready to punch me out but I had my phone recording. Mind you the restaurant was closed when I parked there and a BIG sign securely taped to my windscreen telling me not to park there when I returned. Locals told my gf he has lots problems with people over parking. He even dragged a motorbike out into the middle of the road of someone who parked in HIS paid for parking. Big guy so probably intimidates people. Went to his restaurant one time before this. Shit food.

But for the reasons you mentioned above I just don't park there. Karma will get him one day.

The guy must be a real looser!