SURVEY: Is a military strike against North Korea justified?

Scott

SURVEY: Is a military strike on North Korea justified?  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best way to solve the problem is to take the little fat guy out,somehow,

then the dynasty would be at an end,not sure what would happen after,but

surely there's not another megalomaniacal and as dangerous as him in 

North Korea.

It could be done,after all he managed to kill his half brother,and its the only

scenario that would result in a low body count,and hopefully solve the problem,

just hope the CIA have made improvements,after their many attempts to remove

Fidel Castro !

regards worgeordie

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The facts on the creation of North Korea are much more than blaming the US for this.  All of Korea was under the control of Japan during WW2.  Therefore Korea was a part of the Axis. When Japan surrendered, the  Allied Powers to include the US, Soviet Union, UK and Republic of China (now Taiwan) agreed to a  temporary split of Korea at around the 38th Parallel. In 1948 the Us wanted to restore Korea to a united country under a democratic trusteeship and move to fair elections. The Soviet Union refused and thus the split became more permanent.

The Korean War started in 1950 when the North attacked the South and eventually the  Mainland Chinese intervened as North Korea was losing the war and the Americans and allies (Including UK, Turkey, Thailand and others) had pushed the all the way to the Yalu River separating NKorea from China. The armistice was eventually agreed after the demarcation line was adjusted back to the 38th Parallel. 

Any poster who believes that America is responsible for Korea the way it is now simply does not know the history or how it all went down. The Us has always wanted from the beginning to have a united Korea. If one wants to find ultimate fault- one can go back to the days of prior to World War 2 when the Japanese enslaved the Koreans and then the Soviet Union- who wanted to keep its portion Communist. Neither the Soviet Union nor Imperialist Japan now exist but the History is fact.

Fast Forward- to present- NKorea is still in a state of War with those nations under the United Nations Command who intervened after the North invaded the South.  What stopped the fighting was an armistice that still is in play right now. Let's stop the blame game -because it sure as hell wasn't the US that wanted a divided Korea nor did the US invade Korea.

During the three years of the Korean War, military forces of these nations were allied as members of the UNC.[9] Peak strength for the UNC was 932,964 on July 27, 1953, the day the Armistice Agreement was signed:

11 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The facts on the creation of North Korea are much more than blaming the US for this.  All of Korea was under the control of Japan during WW2.  Therefore Korea was a part of the Axis. When Japan surrendered, the  Allied Powers to include the US, Soviet Union, UK and Republic of China (now Taiwan) agreed to a  temporary split of Korea at around the 38th Parallel. In 1948 the Us wanted to restore Korea to a united country under a democratic trusteeship and move to fair elections. The Soviet Union refused and thus the split became more permanent.

The Korean War started in 1950 when the North attacked the South and eventually the  Mainland Chinese intervened as North Korea was losing the war and the Americans and allies (Including UK, Turkey, Thailand and others) had pushed the all the way to the Yalu River separating NKorea from China. The armistice was eventually agreed after the demarcation line was adjusted back to the 38th Parallel. 

Any poster who believes that America is responsible for Korea the way it is now simply does not know the history or how it all went down. The Us has always wanted from the beginning to have a united Korea. If one wants to find ultimate fault- one can go back to the days of prior to World War 2 when the Japanese enslaved the Koreans and then the Soviet Union- who wanted to keep its portion Communist. Neither the Soviet Union nor Imperialist Japan now exist but the History is fact.

Fast Forward- to present- NKorea is still in a state of War with those nations under the United Nations Command who intervened after the North invaded the South.  What stopped the fighting was an armistice that still is in play right now. Let's stop the blame game -because it sure as hell wasn't the US that wanted a divided Korea nor did the US invade Korea.

So USA wanted a united Korea under democracy. USSR wanted a united Korea under communism. They both share blame for playing their stupid Cold War games through innocent proxies.

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So USA wanted a united Korea under democracy. USSR wanted a united Korea under communism. They both share blame for playing their stupid Cold War games through innocent proxies.

Its a very complex situation going back 70 years , its rather simplistic to try to blame anyone

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Not all conflicts are/were backed by two unique world powers trying to exercise dominance over each other using surrogate actors. The “war” was not started by a single shot but by the events leading up to that shot.

Really? I thought that was the basis for most of the major conflicts today.

The war was started by an invasion by NK into the South. Plain and simple.

Unless it was a nuclear missile I doubt very much if the USA could take out Kim; and then it would be a big maybe. All the bombing with Iraq (twice) and their leader was not harmed.  Hitler was never hit with a bomb. North Vietnam leaders were never hit.

Sure, America can place a bomb into a pickle jar from 50,000 feet high and a hundred miles away; good luck with finding the pickle jar in the first place.

It will take boots on the ground to get Kim and I don't want those boots to be American.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

No, they have not. They have only been telling NK: stop nuclear tests and we'll talk. NK has been telling: stop showing off your military might and we'll talk. Hence nothing has happened.

You're right. It's been the United Nations negotiating with NK. NK has been thumbing their nose at the entire world. And we let it happen. You have a strange perception of this problem. Mainly against the US.

7 hours ago, Rancid said:

Seems doubtful to me, however having both the military complex and the media basically run by the same people it is difficult to divine truth from propaganda. One lot claims Kim a CIA plant, others a tool of the Chinese, who knows where the truth lies?

What saddens me is to see both government and opposition in Oz falling over each other to show who is better enslaved to the US. Both want war and both will send troops to Korea is asked. What a sad yapping poodle we have become where all we desire is to go abroad and kill at the bequest of another those that have done nothing to us.

And if North Korea lobs a missile or two into Australia, you feel you could deal with that on your own?

Get Real!

If North Korea starts the conflict - wipe them out - it is the only course of action their Government would understand.

All this bulls hit talk about dialogue with them is just hot air. During the Clinton administration wasn't there a 'treaty' signed? How much notice does the North Korean idiot take of it now? NIL. Did the British PM try and appease Hitler in 1939(?) and what happened?

Of course most do not want war but take the rose coloured spectacles off folks. This is not a time for "dreamers".

And if the s**t hits the fan, put your head between your legs and kiss your a**e goodbye. :sad:

The first casualty of war is the truth.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

Mr MikeBike and his followers need to get a grip on reality- WWII is what led to both the partition of Korea as well as Germany- and ALL the permanent members of the current  United Nations had a hand in setting the peace at the end of WWII. That also includes the UK and France.  Shall we also blame Winston Churchill and Charles De Gaulle. You want to show your dislike for all things American -go ahead but at least get your facts and history correct instead of spewing nonsense on a very serious current issue simply because you don't like America.

31 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Mr MikeBike and his followers need to get a grip on reality- WWII is what led to both the partition of Korea as well as Germany- and ALL the permanent members of the current  United Nations had a hand in setting the peace at the end of WWII. That also includes the UK and France.  Shall we also blame Winston Churchill and Charles De Gaulle. You want to show your dislike for all things American -go ahead but at least get your facts and history correct instead of spewing nonsense on a very serious current issue simply because you don't like America.

Its really off topic but the world's former colonial powers mentioned were effectually powerless post WWII. No need to blame them.

Where is the thread about about Pakistan and India having nuclear weapons.  These are two countries, particularly Pakistan,  that are in, recent history, much more unstable then North Korea. 

Trump's hysterical rants about North Korea are nothing more then additional inflammatory,  demogugary playing to his base. 

TH 

The partition of Korea and Germany occurred  at the end of World War II and the Allied Powers to include the UK, France, the US and Soviet Union put together the partition of Germany and Japan. This did not happen during the cold war era but as the war was ending, Germany surrendered first and then Japan I don't blame them at all- they had no way of knowing that the Soviet Union would not allow for reunification.  My point is that you need to stop blaming the US for the partition of Korea and as the cause of what is happening now.  Read the history of the time and then come back and make a cogent argument based on history not your dislike of all things American.

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Because targeted strikes have been so effective in the past?

Some have, some haven’t. But I believe those missile tests went straight through Japanese commercial airways. We going to wait until he takes out an airliner, tests a nuke in the Pacific, screw up a test and have it take out some city in South Korea? It’s not far fetched considering his history - including taking out his own brother for being a perceived threat.

the only problem is what happens when the head is cut off the snake. You’ll have China and South Korea scrambling to get in there. Possibly even the Russians. 

North Korea not only is violating Japanese airspace but there is always the possibility that NKorea can sell the technology to include a nuclear bomb to countries such as Iran , Syria or the Palestinians  or terrorist organizations like  The Taliban or ISIS.  The whole World is concerned with radical terrorism- do we really want terrorists to possess a nuclear weapon?

I am not indicating a US strike should take place but pointing out that a way to control NKorea and its arsenal has to be found . N Korea already uses its diplomatic personnel to smuggle stolen items such as gold and counterfeit currencies to include drugs around the World. It's time for the World to come to together to sole this problem.

14 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Some have, some haven’t. But I believe those missile tests went straight through Japanese commercial airways. We going to wait until he takes out an airliner, tests a nuke in the Pacific, screw up a test and have it take out some city in South Korea? It’s not far fetched considering his history - including taking out his own brother for being a perceived threat.

the only problem is what happens when the head is cut off the snake. You’ll have China and South Korea scrambling to get in there. Possibly even the Russians. 

The only problem? There's at least one problem before that: cutting the head off the snake. And wishful thinking doesn't make it any easier.

35 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

The latest missle north Korea fired over Japan was at at some 340 miles high as it passed above Japan.  I believe that is just a bit higher then most commercial jet liners fly (by some 335 miles). 

Many orbiting satellites pass over Japan at lower altitudes many times every day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/world/asia/north-korea-missile.html?_r=0

Are you familiar with the term demogugary hyperbole?

TH 

Edited by thaihome

8 hours ago, Rancid said:

Seems doubtful to me, however having both the military complex and the media basically run by the same people it is difficult to divine truth from propaganda. One lot claims Kim a CIA plant, others a tool of the Chinese, who knows where the truth lies?

What saddens me is to see both government and opposition in Oz falling over each other to show who is better enslaved to the US. Both want war and both will send troops to Korea is asked. What a sad yapping poodle we have become where all we desire is to go abroad and kill at the bequest of another those that have done nothing to us.

:clap2:

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

A weapon wouldn't have saved Ghadafi.  His own people did him in.  It's a sad commentary when we believe a country with a maniacal dictator would be better off if they had nuclear weapons.  To defend themselves while they brutalize their own people and threaten their neighbors.:sad:

"It's a sad commentary when we believe a country with a maniacal dictator would be better off if they had nuclear weapons"

I am sorry you do not understand me (at all) never ever did I say or thought NK would be better off with a nuclear weapon, it would be better off without, of course, and with a change of regime too.

But I will certainly displease you, for I am not sure (?) if without the 28 000 US militaries at their door they would have been so keen with their nuclear tests.

"A weapon wouldn't have saved Ghadafi.  His own people did him in"

. :biggrin: I suppose you are joking what about the: United Nations Security Council Resolution1973,

the no-fly zone the daily bombardments by allied forces?

(copy/paste Wikileaks): "That same day, military operations began, with US forces and one British submarine firing cruise missiles.[272] the Royal Canadian Air ForceFrench Air ForceUnited States Air Force, and British Royal Air Force[273]undertaking sorties across Libya and a naval blockade by the Royal Navy"

Wikileaks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War_(2011) 

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You're right. It's been the United Nations negotiating with NK. NK has been thumbing their nose at the entire world. And we let it happen. You have a strange perception of this problem. Mainly against the US.

The Korean war was an initiative from the US to operate under the umbrella of the UN. But that was in a time that NK was seeking self determination. 

You also must have forgotten that the N+S Koreans fought against the Japanes Empire during WW2. North Koreans remember that time as an occupation where the Japanese army forced NK women to prostitution.

Sending here and there a gentle reminder in the sky is not so strange.

NK attempts to peace with SK and Japan were systematically stopped by the US...

13 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

The Korean war was an initiative from the US to operate under the umbrella of the UN. But that was in a time that NK was seeking self determination. 

You also must have forgotten that the N+S Koreans fought against the Japanes Empire during WW2. North Koreans remember that time as an occupation where the Japanese army forced NK women to prostitution.

Sending here and there a gentle reminder in the sky is not so strange.

NK attempts to peace with SK and Japan were systematically stopped by the US...

What attempts?  When and how?

11 hours ago, Credo said:

I don't think this is going to end well and I don't think China can reign little Kim in.   I don't think anyone can reign Trump in either.   

reign in ....?    oh .... you are one of those ...(closet lib)  .

1 hour ago, thaihome said:

The latest missle north Korea fired over Japan was at at some 340 miles high as it passed above Japan.  I believe that is just a bit higher then most commercial jet liners fly (by some 335 miles). 

Many orbiting satellites pass over Japan at lower altitudes many times every day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/world/asia/north-korea-missile.html?_r=0

Are you familiar with the term demogugary hyperbole?

TH 

I thought I read one of the rockets this year flew 9 times higher than the International Space Station. At the right angle and velocity, it could easily reach the US mainland (though it would be shot out of the sky before it got that far).