Video: Curry shop in Bangkok has four big attractions - but just two pretties!

webfact

Video: Curry shop in Bangkok has four big attractions - but just two pretties!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Amarin TV

An entrepreneur has been staggered by the response to his humble curry shop deep in a soi in Bangkok.

Despite the hard economic times there is a steady stream of customers beating a path for a budget 40 baht plate of curry and rice.

Owner Poramint Arayaprecha imagines it must be the delicious curry and the fluffy jasmine rice that is packing them into his Phun Plern (stuffed) buffet curry establishment in Pracha Songkhroh 31.

There again, there are some other attractions. A couple of serving girls with a friendly smile are on hand to brighten your day should you drop in for a quick bite.

Reporters from Amarin TV beat a path to the shop after Poramint's advertising campaign on Facebook.

After he burbled on about the terrible state of the economy and the need to offer value for money in these difficult times the reporters cut to the chase and asked him about the pretties.

"Oh, them?....yes they seem to be popular with the men in particular," he said.

A video showed one in a rather revealing red top showing how she uses her hand to bring rice to the plate. She did not seem overly adept but the reporters were looking elsewhere.

In fact of the 57,000 online views in a few nanoseconds it appeared most men had barely clapped eyes on the curry.

The dish in red gave her name as "Pin" as she attempted to remain vertical.

But the two pretties were not the only four attractions.

There was also the "wheel of fortune". If you buy ten plates of food you can have one free spin.

The prizes are another free dish, three plates or the star prize - a gold ring.

Thaivisa was looking for the prize of a "living doll" that has been offered at some Bangkok establishments in the past but it was not to be found.

Poramint said that his advertising had been so successful that he was raking in the money. His next idea is to offer "pretty boys" to get more ladies in to sample the delicious curry.

His shop is open from 11am to 8pm Monday to Friday but he cautioned that the serving girls may change shifts.

Facebook comment on the Poramint Oskaong Praya page was not completely positive.

Chishti Taufiq said the government should act as it "was not good for our children".

While Jay Pan suggested that while the girls were real their charms may have been aided and abetted by a surgeon.

Others thought the girls should wear caps to avoid hairs getting in the curry.

Source: Amarin TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-06

What I see is a surgery laden girl. What is it with this generic look?

When I came here 15 years ago there were all the natural hues of skin to choose from... now the bleached, siliconed types seem to be in vogue. 

Thai girls have so much natural beauty that it would be nice to see pics of them rather than what the OP is trying to brainwash everyone into believing is beautiful.

Jack arsed article once again... why did I bother?

Once had a boss that refused to hire any woman who was good looking.  Said it distracted him and made his wife really jealous.  Pretty people need jobs too and shown respect.  In Thailand especially, where physical beauty is practically a commodity. 

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

When I came here 15 years ago there were all the natural hues of skin to choose from... now the bleached, siliconed types seem to be in vogue. 

Thai girls have so much natural beauty that it would be nice to see pics of them rather than what the OP is trying to brainwash everyone into believing is beautiful.

wonder if guys that have gf's or wives that look like the curry shop chicks find the need to criticize or demeanor the isaan bar girl look?

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well the cameraman clearly wasn't there for the food was he?

More of those airbag curry shops may compensate for the sinking issues...;)

Absolutely fantastic, and I wish someone would open a chain of similar restaurants down here in Pattaya to put these gauging indians in their place ! Where do they get off, often charging in excess of 200 Bht for 4 Baht,s worth of chicken in a curry sauce ? and then the rice is often 75 Baht on top of that. The only thing that is lacking is the facemask and the saturday night special !

4 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I guess you will be the only one that is feeling brainwashed. The OP is referring to a news article. Nothing else.

Yeah, it beats me. Why do you?

Edited by Get Real

4 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Don't forget all the Michael Jackson noses you see. To me they're ruining natural beauty.

You don't like big boobs? Don't look at her.
You find a hair of her in your dish? Take it out. (Will not be dirty anyway, she's at a salon dayly I guess 555)
Boobs are not good for kids? I was fascinated of it when I was a kid and I am still  ;)
Some of you here seem to be happy with nothing.
Poor guys...