90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Jonathan Fairfield

90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

90-day-fiance.jpg

BY MELODY CHIU

Age is nothing but a number for one of the couples featured on the upcoming season of 90 Day Fiancé.

In a video shared exclusively with PEOPLE, fans of TLC’s hit show — which follows couples going through the K-1 visa process — meet David and Annie, who have 24 years between them.

David, 48, is from Louisville, Kentucky and hit rock bottom about three years ago.

Weighing 350 lbs., he split from his wife of 21 years, lost his job, his house and his cars and was “absolutely destitute,” he reveals in the clip.

Full story: http://people.com/tv/90-day-fiance-season-five-david-annie/

-- People 2017-10-06

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“After only dating for 10 days, the couple got engaged. “She is 24 years old, but the mindset she puts me in or makes me feel is I don’t feel like a 48-year-old,” says David about their relationship. “She’s an amazing woman who makes me feel like I already hit the lottery.”

I’m guessing Annie thinks the same but for very different reasons. 

So does David’s family. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Dunno, I agreed to marry mine after a week, was married a week later, lasted 8 years so far.

The previous one in the UK, dated for two years and was a complete disaster.

As for the reporting quality .......

Was it his previous wife that weighed 350lbs?

He certainly doesn't look that big.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
typo

Kudos to David and Annie, love has no boundaries, beware of the jealous ones because you don't fit into their little minds on how couples should look, and what ages they should be.

Great story, wish them the very best, can only see negative old men commenting here having had bad experiences and never moved on, wishing them no change to their current situations and mind set, as they deserve their own misery.

Edited by 4MyEgo

ROTFLMAO !
She's from a (very) poor village in Beung Kan (on the Lao border next to Nong Khai). She went to Bangkok to find a job, or a "new life". :whistling:

He met her in a bar. (Let me guess, she started working there the same day he showed up ! Those aren't tattoos, they're birthmarks !) :w00t:

After "a week or two" he proposed. Spoiler alert ! She said yes ! :shock1:

He feels like he's just won the lottery. They are planning on moving to America. :intheclub:

Oh, and he had to pay a dowry for her !!!!!! Somehow I don't think he's the one who won the lottery ! :jap:

8 minutes ago, kalidescopemind said:

Kentucky is a brutal place for Thai girls.  It snows a lot in the winter, and there are very few Thai people or Thai food.   She will have to be tough to stick it out, and learn English fast.

couldn't she get a job in one of those KFC shops ....  :cheesy:

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

Dunno, I agreed to marry mine after a week, was married a week later, lasted 8 years so far.

The previous on in the UK, dated for two years and was a complete disaster.

As for the reporting quality .......

Was it his previous wife that weighed 350lbs?

He certainly doesn't look that big.

Kudos to you mate...

Met mine in a bar after day 4 of a 14 day holiday, I came back 6 weeks later, took her back to Australia where we got married 4 months to the day that I met her back in Phuket.

Moved here 2 years ago, when I retired @ 55, have an 8 year old and a 3 year old daughter to her, in all, we have been very happily married for 10 years, she is my rock, prior to her, I was married to someone 5 years my junior for 12 years, she had a big mouth, very jealous, possessive and insecure.

This girl is 21 years my junior, never breaks my balls, is quiet, has a great personality, is sexy and cooks like she is a master chef.

Her career of 7 months as a "bar girl" has never bother me, as I saw her for who she is and the necessity for her survival.

I now refer to her as my "village slut" and life without her would put me in the same category as most of these negative, burnt old men on TVF 555

17 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

ROTFLMAO !
She's from a (very) poor village in Beung Kan (on the Lao border next to Nong Khai). She went to Bangkok to find a job, or a "new life". :whistling:

He met her in a bar. (Let me guess, she started working there the same day he showed up ! Those aren't tattoos, they're birthmarks !) :w00t:

After "a week or two" he proposed. Spoiler alert ! She said yes ! :shock1:

He feels like he's just won the lottery. They are planning on moving to America. :intheclub:

Oh, and he had to pay a dowry for her !!!!!! Somehow I don't think he's the one who won the lottery ! :jap:

Such negative comments....haven't found miss right yet, been burnt to a crisp, move on mate, their in love, what is your beef, if it goes pear shape, whatever, let them enjoy their life, your comments do nothing but put you down IMO

Edited by 4MyEgo

13 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

Good luck getting that K1 visa. As soon as the embassy knows you worked at a bar, they'll find any reason to deny it.

She was an entertainer, didn't you see her singing, that's all they need to know, the rest has to be BS to get her to where she needs to be, hopefully to be able to earn a crust to send back home to mumma and puppa so as to improve their lives, and I think David is big enough to support that thought.

Edited by 4MyEgo

10 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

Good luck getting that K1 visa. As soon as the embassy knows you worked at a bar, they'll find any reason to deny it.

She was an entertainer, didn't you see her singing, that's all they need to know, the rest has to be BS to get her to where where she needs to be, hopefully to be able to earn a crust to send back home to mumma and puppa so as to improve their lives, and I think David is big enough to support that thought.

12 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

Yes -- sounds like they will be a very happy couple as long as he moves to Thailand. If he wants his family to meet her, they can all meet up in Bermuda where a Thai citizen gets a 6 month visa exempt entry.

No hating coming from my end. Just pointing out reality. If they even hear the word "bar" it's game over.

There's no right to a visa and they can deny you because you have brown eyes if they want. These two aren't doing themselves any favors by going on TV.

I suggest the guy starts looking in to a Non-O visa.