90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So it's interesting to watch the Pattaya marriage office?   If you see a cute one you can ask if she has sisters.   

Why are these guys getting married???

The next time you are "watching" the Pattaya marriage office, why don't you ask them.

7 hours ago, chilli42 said:

At his age, if you don't get the difference between infatuation and love there is no hope for you.  He could have enjoyed all the benefits of his infatuation with few of the downsides 

You could say the same of millions of marriages all over the world.Not sure why there's so much interest in this particular relationship.In our little Thai world we know - how sophisticated we are - the auguries aren't great for the usual reasons hashed over in this forum endlessly.But who knows? The heart has its reasons.There are countless seemingly mismatched couples out there that make one wonder how or why they ever got together.But it makes perfect sense to them.

22 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yup sounds like true love to me. Just hope the guy has lots of money for

his honey.

Geezer

Question  Geezer  What do Thai women like most  1/ sex 2/ Stable relationship and love 3/ MONEY 4/ All of the above answers I am lucky I found a woman who just wanted love and a relationship and not money because she has lots lol lol lol lol

Sometimes its better to have an ordinary looking mature age  Thai who have all and dont want money than the one of these younger stunning looking Thais who have nothing Lol What you think old mate?

7 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Good luck to the couple.

He does have a mountain to climb.

Hope he gets to know the ropes quickly as a fall is inevitable if he don't.

The odds are stacked against you in these quick relationships 

with younger ladies :jap:

'Not just that.  Huge cultural and class divide as well.   It's not too politically correct to mention that stuff, but it's undeniably a significant gap and an unbridgeable one IMO except in the case of exceptionally mature, aware, self-effacing, and consummately adaptable couples.  "Love" and all the good intentions in the world going in won't do it.

12 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Good luck to the couple.

He does have a mountain to climb.

Hope he gets to know the ropes quickly as a fall is inevitable if he don't.

The odds are stacked against you in these quick relationships 

with younger ladies :jap:

More so you are right, but they are stacked against or close to 50% just about any place with any one.

Glynn Wolfe...any one heard of him!   A fine US gentlemen who has the US record with 29 divorces.

Must be quite the catch and ladies man I guess. :)

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

More so you are right, but they are stacked against or close to 50% just about any place with any one.

Glynn Wolfe...any one heard of him!   A fine US gentlemen who has the US record with 29 divorces.

Must be quite the catch and ladies man I guess. :)

Maybe used to be until he died in '97.  'Was a Baptist minister.   What surprises me is that he was a resident of California.    (Must've taken the oath of poverty before the oaths of matrimony.)

12 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Maybe used to be until he died in '97.  'Was a Baptist minister.   What surprises me is that he was a resident of California.    (Must've taken the oath of poverty before the oaths of matrimony.)

OK, thanks did not know he had died.

Wonder how many ex's came to his funeral?

Edited by bkk6060

On 10/6/2017 at 3:44 AM, miamiman123 said:

If u saw the women from Kentucky you would understand....Mississippi the same. Whoa....good yingluck mate

Well you know that most of us wear shoes now so I see that as a plus+.  And we no longer let our children run naked through the yard.  Of course, in the winter it is sometimes more comfortable to invite all the dogs into the bed to help keep warm.  And I do have most of my teeth.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:38 PM, Elkski said:

So it's interesting to watch the Pattaya marriage office?   If you see a cute one you can ask if she has sisters.   

Why are these guys getting married???

"Why are these guys getting married???"

While many may be satisfied to sit in a lonely apartment and look out the window, I sincerely believe these men are not ready to give up and die:  "What the heck, let's have one more go at it, what is there to lose at this point in life anyway?"

I actually met them when I was staying at the Marriott hotel BKK. I stayed  in hotel in between condo rentals.  Nice guy who seems to be like a lot of guys. Went broke and got depressed living the USA life. Lost some weight and discovered sex in Thailand. Became a school teacher in Thailand makes about 30,000 baht a month which is plenty for the misses. He has found a new life and wish him the best.

As for her she is looking for a man to take care of her and so she is like most women especially Thai women. You have to understand in some Thailand villages 30,000 baht a month is more than enough to have a good financial life. He gets sex, feels youthful after depression and no house payment, credit card debt, and expensive things. Criticize all you want and it may not last but I give the guy credit for stating  out loud what makes him happy and actually doing it and enjoying life and it’s pleasures. Nothing lasts forever so why try to find forever when all you have is today. Peace. 

On 10/8/2017 at 12:45 PM, chilli42 said:

At his age, if you don't get the difference between infatuation and love there is no hope for you.  He could have enjoyed all the benefits of his infatuation with few of the downsides 

For you and for me what you say is true. But for others they want something different. Live and let live. Adults get to make their own choices and there are many many choices and options on how to live just like what car to buy. Cheers. 

On 10/8/2017 at 6:32 AM, piersbeckett said:

No, just another shmuck with his head in the clouds; what IMV he should realise is that the Thai's ability to 'accept' is so much greater than ours (Westerners') - she will be able to accept easily his difference in age and the different way he thinks and his physical difference because of the advantages that she expects will be bestowed on her by him not because she prefers him to a Thai man of her own age who she can 'connect' with physically and mentally. 

He needs to look around him and see what Thais will accept, stuff that Westerners wouldn't put up with, try to understand the 'mai pben rai' and the 'up to you' of Thainess - the basis of her attachment to him is not in truth, I suggest, worthy of him thinking he's won the lottery.

Wow calling a man you never met a shmuck. Not cool.  And you know all Thais wants and desires. Congratulations. 

What I find hard to understand about Thai visa is how men fly here for freedom and then spout words that criticize freedom and choices. And how men live daily in a world where they have all the answers for everyone.  And the longer you stay in Thailand the more you expect or demand others accept your truths. Worst advice I ever got was from a expat that lived in BKK for several years but never dated a Thai girl because they all steal, lie etc.   yet he knew everything Thai. Then I dated a Thai women and realized he and his advice were sh@t. He knows nothing about Thailand other than what is said on Thai visa and what he learns in his one bedroom isolated condo on Sukhumvit road. Cheers. 

What I find hard to understand about Thai visa is how men fly here for freedom and then spout words that criticize freedom and choices. And how men live daily in a world where they have all the answers for everyone.  And the longer you stay in Thailand the more you expect or demand others accept your truths. Worst advice I ever got was from a expat that lived in BKK for several years but never dated a Thai girl because they all steal, lie etc.   yet he knew everything Thai. Then I dated a Thai women and realized he and his advice were sh@t. He knows nothing about Thailand other than what is said on Thai visa and what he learns in his one bedroom isolated condo on Sukhumvit road. Cheers. 

Hallelujah !
You see it all the time sadly. Everyone knows more than everyone else. Of course all they know is what’s written on here on many cases and often by bigots from one view point or the other.
As always the truth is somewhere in the middle but they cant admit that else they would lose TVface (and they talk about Thais losing face haha ) and bicker on regardless determined to have the final say about nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/10/2017 at 4:59 PM, Wake Up said:

Wow calling a man you never met a shmuck. Not cool.  And you know all Thais wants and desires. Congratulations. 

IMV your posts on this topic betray your inexperience but we all have to learn.

I was wrong about one thing, I admit and I'm sorry for that; I called the chappie a shmuck, the correct spelling is schmuck.

Nobody's perfect.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:37 AM, daboyz1 said:

Good luck getting that K1 visa. As soon as the embassy knows you worked at a bar, they'll find any reason to deny it.

WOW! Amazing way of judging people!

Thai's treat foreigners badly???? roflmfao