Woman found electrocuted in bathroom

webfact

Woman found electrocuted in bathroom

By The Nation

A 64-year-old woman, who lived alone in Samut Prakan and had not been seen for two days, was found electrocuted inside her bathroom, police said.

Sonjai Boonyarangsan, assistant tambon chief of Tambon Bang Muang Mai, found the body of Prapha Khamrakkit on the floor of the bathroom of her house on Soi Premruethai in Samut Prakan’s Muang district on Wednesday morning.

Somjai said she was told by Prapha’s neighbours that they had not seen the woman for two days and on Tuesday night, her dog barked ceaselessly.

Somjai said Prapha did not answer the door bell, so she climbed over the fence and broke open the backdoor.

She said there was an electric pan on the floor in the bathroom and a herbal spa cloth bag for massaging was found on the floor. Police believe the woman was electrocuted while boiling her spa bag.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329597

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-18

Take a rickety appliance from the hard discounters Made in China,

....plug it in the home electrical grid grounded by an unqualfied cowboy,

.......add the humidity on the bathroom floor and one gets a deadly cocktail....

Sad for the lady.  RIP to her and the family.

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

.......add the humidity on the bathroom floor and one gets a deadly cocktail....

Indeed - Bathrooms are no joke over here.... From deadly slippery tiles to 'on the wall' water heaters with no grounding...  Well, its not just Bathroom, the electrical risk here is highly elevated when compared to 'other nations' we are more familiar with. 

Going out unnaturally like this has to be tough for any family....  

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed - Bathrooms are no joke over here.... From deadly slippery tiles to 'on the wall' water heaters with no grounding...  Well, its not just Bathroom, the electrical risk here is highly elevated when compared to 'other nations' we are more familiar with. 

Going out unnaturally like this has to be tough for any family....  

good point about the ultra slippery tiles they use either in the bathrooms or outdoors by the pools...a real killer !

I grew up in Tripoli, Libya back in the '70's. Even back then, it seemed more advanced in building codes than what Thailand has today! Never heard of people getting electrocuted in their own homes. So far I've read about 4 instances here.

We didn't have a rat's nest of overhanging street cables. The infrastructure was Italian built. Actual, qualified trades people doing the technical work. 

The driving was chaotic, but nothing like here. (I don't believe Libya can be ranked #1 in road fatalities. Thailand seems far worse from what I've witnessed).

If Libya wasn't such a political mess today, I would swap life here for there in a heartbeat! Beautiful clean beaches, although once in a while there would be gobs of oil/tar washed up but that was rare. Not like the daily deluge of trash seen here.

It's a shame.

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Perhaps add a dodgy cheap extension chord ... usually there aren't electrical outlets in bathrooms.

I chucked a very crappy electric kettle away but later found it had ended up being used by her mother, and it had given her a shock. I bet there are a lot of these old poorly made devices still around.

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps add a dodgy cheap extension chord ... usually there aren't electrical outlets in bathrooms.

I chucked a very crappy electric kettle away but later found it had ended up being used by her mother, and it had given her a shock. I bet there are a lot of these old poorly made devices still around.

I had a multiple (3) electrical outlet bus bar on my bed with only the iron plugged into it as I was (lol) ironing. 30 minutes into it I hear a zap, clack, smoke & sparks. The cheap axx thing overheated & fried, burnt a hole in my bed sheets! The cord which was wound zigzagged to take up the slack was hot to the touch & partially melted! Good thing I was there to unplug it & stop it from causing anymore damage.

Made in China crap!

Watch your electrical & inspect your groundings, but not like this fool...

0EB9B9F6-5D32-4BBB-901C-5BD47916975C.jpeg

2 hours ago, SpicyMeatball said:

I grew up in Tripoli, Libya back in the '70's. Even back then, it seemed more advanced in building codes than what Thailand has today! Never heard of people getting electrocuted in their own homes. So far I've read about 4 instances here.

We didn't have a rat's nest of overhanging street cables. The infrastructure was Italian built. Actual, qualified trades people doing the technical work. 

The driving was chaotic, but nothing like here. (I don't believe Libya can be ranked #1 in road fatalities. Thailand seems far worse from what I've witnessed).

If Libya wasn't such a political mess today, I would swap life here for there in a heartbeat! Beautiful clean beaches, although once in a while there would be gobs of oil/tar washed up but that was rare. Not like the daily deluge of trash seen here.

It's a shame.

I tell u what mate  when Gadaffi was in power did you not have free hospitals, dentists, schools, and free electricity Was that true? I heard that from someone that is what Libya had. The oil paid for it. Since Gadaffi has gone Libya has been in a mess but that is what the greedy oil companies do They keep the people fighting and poor so they can steal there oil. Look at Nigeria Rich in oil and the people are poor Why? Because Shell oil company is stealing all there oil.

16 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I tell u what mate  when Gadaffi was in power did you not have free hospitals, dentists, schools, and free electricity Was that true? I heard that from someone that is what Libya had. The oil paid for it. Since Gadaffi has gone Libya has been in a mess but that is what the greedy oil companies do They keep the people fighting and poor so they can steal there oil. Look at Nigeria Rich in oil and the people are poor Why? Because Shell oil company is stealing all there oil.

Off topic but Yeah, they (Libyans)had it pretty good. Free medical etc. I dont know about their housing or education but ours was paid for. I went to an American school up til the 9th grade. After that it was off to boarding school & university either in Europe or back home, (all paid for by the oil companies). That & tax free salaries was part of the attraction to get qualified oil people over there. My father worked 18 years there up til ‘86. Best years of my life living there.

I dont think much oil is moving from there now though. Are the oil fields even producing anything?

I would love to go back one day when its safe. It “was” a beautiful country.

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The electricity is made in Thailand. Thai 240v rarely gets past 180v. I've been zapped a few time poking around outlets. Don't understand how it can kill you. All Thai houses have 3 msec circuit breakers, better than old fuses. Poke an outlet, lights out. How do they die? Ah, stealing power from another house or straight off the lines, no circuit breakers. 

Edited by jgarbo

3 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

The electricity is made in Thailand. Thai 240v rarely gets past 180v. I've been zapped a few time poking around outlets. Don't understand how it can kill you. All Thai houses have 3 msec circuit breakers, better than old fuses. Poke an outlet, lights out. How do they die? Ah, stealing power from another house or straight off the lines, no circuit breakers. 

Rubbish.....:sad:

1 hour ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Off topic but Yeah, they (Libyans)had it pretty good. Free medical etc. I dont know about their housing or education but ours was paid for. I went to an American school up til the 9th grade. After that it was off to boarding school & university either in Europe or back home, (all paid for by the oil companies). That & tax free salaries was part of the attraction to get qualified oil people over there. My father worked 18 years there up til ‘86. Best years of my life living there.

I dont think much oil is moving from there now though. Are the oil fields even producing anything?

I would love to go back one day when its safe. It “was” a beautiful country.

As i always say people like Castro, Gadaffi. Hussain,  might of not been the greatest people on this earth but at least there people had peace Look at Iraq nothing but war since Hussain went Same for Libya  The only reason they are still  not in power is because there countries had oil. If they were just a desert kingdom with no oil then nobody would care about them. i think it is called foreign powers feathering there own nests. Just feel sorry for the people of these countries

2 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Now that is some funny sh!!t! 

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

My neighbour who is Thai takes free power from meter outside house I guess many do

Many do steal a supply cos they don't want to pay for it..The guy who reads the meter can SEE the theft but doesn't report it or he has not been given instructions to report theft.

If a meter "blows" they will come and ask questions and probably charge the meter owner for the replacement. Anyone who sees folk have fooled with their meter should phone the electric company and ask what some extra wires are for, can they come and have a look...