Video: The most unbelievable penalty you will ever see has been scored in Thailand

webfact

Video: The most unbelievable penalty you will ever see has been scored in Thailand

LAA.jpg

This is the moment a Thai lower league cup game was decided by the most bizarre penalty kick.

The Thailand Cup semi final game between Bangkok Sports Club and Satri Angthong finished 2-2 after full time and went to penalties.

Incredibly, the penalty shootout finished 19-19 when it was Sports Club’s goalkeeper’s turn to take a spot kick.

After stepping up to the penalty spot, his penalty struck the crossbar which sent the opposition goalkeeper rushing out in celebration.

However, while the ‘keeper was celebrating, and the tie looked to be all but over, just watch what happened next…..

Clearly shaken by the freak goal, Satri Angthong then went onto miss their next penalty meaning Bangkok won 20-19 to send them through to next month’s final.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

That could have been God, of course.

I have played on pitches in Lincolnshire where, if you won the toss, you would play downhill.

Sure. I believe you.

While in the rest of the world, they change sides for the second half of the game.

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

You can only win when the game is finished.

Good point......... but it is nice to defend a healthy half time lead.

That said, I was involved in a game once where we led 7 - 2 and finished up drawing 10 -10   :smile: