My wife is with me for the money.

Been there done that

To be honest i dont believe in older around 70+ having these younger girls 30+ It never works out I am 60 and have a Thai lady 52  I feel safe with her because really Thai ladies at 52  are not going out hunting for guys Threat them good and they will look after you I am lucky because mine actually owns a business and does need money Every now and then she will  put 5000 in my wallet I hardly touch my money Any of you so called gentlemen have there wife put money in your wallets or do they just keep taking it out? Never in my mind would i consider a younger lady around 20 or 30  They are just there for the money not you So happy days guys Sometimes put your farang pride away and if you are older consider looking at a lady closer to your age You might be surprised

You don't have to believe in it! Do what suits you, but accept that other might do things differently.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

I never married..thats why i still got the shirt stuck on my back!

Maybe a better chance if you find one closer to your age, but many on here clearly expect to be 70+ and get a girl 20-30, and then think its true love and she different.555

As many here will tell you, Thais dont find much value in this true love

They like to say "cannot eat love" wich tells it all!

But good luck with this flowerpot ideas of  romance and true love with Thai lady.

Many guys think this and are in a dream and surely makes the fleecing processes a lot easier.555

I don't think you could have pushed any more cliches into a post that leaves the impression you fear marriage to a Thai woman.

You really don't know what you are missing, but then, maybe as with others, in your case you are making the correct decision, marrying a Thai woman is not for you, There are others who are equipped to do it better.

39 minutes ago, 473geo said:

<snip>

You really don't know what you are missing <snip2>

Oh? What I am missing is joining the large component of ThaiVisa members who post about their several marriages before coming to Thailand and then some post about their several marriages post-arrival in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

To be honest i dont believe in older around 70+ having these younger girls 30+ It never works out I am 60 and have a Thai lady 52  I feel safe with her because really Thai ladies at 52  are not going out hunting for guys Threat them good and they will look after you I am lucky because mine actually owns a business and does need money Every now and then she will  put 5000 in my wallet I hardly touch my money Any of you so called gentlemen have there wife put money in your wallets or do they just keep taking it out? Never in my mind would i consider a younger lady around 20 or 30  They are just there for the money not you So happy days guys Sometimes put your farang pride away and if you are older consider looking at a lady closer to your age You might be surprised

But who wants to bang a 52 year old?

I'd rather be single.

2 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Oh? What I am missing is joining the large component of ThaiVisa members who post about their several marriages before coming to Thailand and then some post about their several marriages post-arrival in Thailand.

If you accept you are also as handicapped as the 'large component' you mention, when it comes to maintaining relationships, then that would indeed be exactly what you are missing. Yes :smile:

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

If you accept you are also as handicapped as the 'large component' you mention, when it comes to maintaining relationships, then that would indeed be exactly what you are missing. Yes :smile:

Bulsh*&^t. I've maintained relationships longer than a lot of the marriages I read about on here. I just haven't been married.

No -- it's just that I would never would have  considered approaching a much younger girl with knockout looks like that. But she heard me speaking Thai to the wait staff and she doesn't speak English so -- as I was sitting by myself -- she kinda came up and said "Is this seat taken?"

Edited by JLCrab

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

No -- it's just that I would never would have  considered approaching a much younger girl with knockout looks like that. But she heard me speaking Thai to the wait staff and she doesn't speak English so -- as I was sitting by myself -- she kinda came up and said "Is this seat taken?"

what did you answer? tell... tell... please! we want to prepare ourselves for this situation.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

But who wants to bang a 52 year old?

I'd rather be single.

You would be surprised Some 52 year old ladies are great  They put lots of effort in it because they think it could be there last Well stay single mate Your the one missing out lol to prove a point Like i said my wife is fit pretty good looking and know s how to treat a man And best of all she never needs money She has her own yippee I am as happy as a pig in shit

On 11/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, JLCrab said:

Bulsh*&^t. I've maintained relationships longer than a lot of the marriages I read about on here. I just haven't been married.

Yet you insist if you were married you would become part of the 'large component'......another smartar5e comment goes wrong eh?

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Yet you insist if you were married you would become part of the 'large component'......another smartar5e comment goes wrong eh?

Huh? If I were married once, how would that make me part of the 'large component' who have been married more than once but since I've not been married even once, I don't see how talking about what I would be if I was married would make my being married a part of any component other than maybe small component of those who have never been married but have been in long-term relationships here in Thailand let alone elsewhere. But then again I didn't insist on anything if you look at my actual comment.

Maybe you don't know what you're missing being well-financed in Thailand and NOT being married?

Edited by JLCrab

47 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Huh? If I were married once, how would that make me part of the 'large component' who have been married more than once but since I've not been married even once, I don't see how talking about what I would be if I was married would make my being married a part of any component other than maybe small component of those who have never been married but have been in long-term relationships here in Thailand let alone elsewhere. But then again I didn't insist on anything if you look at my actual comment.

Maybe you don't know what you're missing being well-financed in Thailand and NOT being married?

Hah spent plenty of time and money single inThailand loved every minute, now I'm married and I would say for me, a lot happier. I guess having experienced the best in both worlds my judgement will not be as good as your one sided opinion :smile:

54 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm married in Thailand , and it hasn't stopped me missing anything.

It has stopped you from being able to say to your wife "It's been swell but it's over" and leave without any encumbering legal technicalities as you might be able to say to all the other girls in your retinue.

Edited by JLCrab

9 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

It has stopped you from being able to say to your wife "It's been swell but it's over" and leave without any encumbering legal technicalities as you might be able to say to all the other girls in your retinue.

I usually leave without mentioning I'm leaving ............ I've never been one for facing female anger. 

Leaving my current wife would be no different, it wasn't with my former English wife, got on a plane, moved in with a Thai lady, was divorced in my absence.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

8 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well if you have no assets I guess you can get away with that kind of stuff. For me, right now, the wealth management people back in the USA would not be happy if I were to marry in Thailand.

Having assets didn't make any difference, I walked away from around $1M, it taught me to keep my assets more portable.

What's the point of 'wealth management' when you're only a few years from death?

Old guys planning on living forever ......... just sad.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2017 at 12:47 PM, InMyShadow said:

Educated middle class thai woman do not fall for old men. The low class dark skin with a life that is not really going anywhere do, makes perfect sense.

Rubbish...total rubbish you have no idea what your talking about, i  now have had a string of well educated Thai GF's because thats who i choose to go with, less problems but they still expect to be taken care of, 2 accountats one with a MD, a Journalist, a Manger also with MD and the last TGF, all bar one spoke very good english all came from good families all were between 16 to 32 years difference in age most of those relationships lasted between 2 to 6 years...

I might be better preserved i might be more charming than most i also might have higher expectations and be successful at getting it done, im not office manger just a humble self employed tradesman that has now retired, you set your own limits....

On 10/31/2017 at 12:00 AM, mommysboy said:

Obviously, it is a major factor initially, simply because of the way life is out here.  But as the relationship develops then normal motives come in to play.

I think one has to be honest and say that in a perfect world, many young woman would not choose to be with a man past his prime for the same reason most men prefer a younger woman over a more mature one.

True that. Many are in denial. But financial stability is a core value in most any relationship. Only difference here, is that if it does not work out, she might not walk away with the house and all of your money. The level of emasculation that is taking place in the West is astonishing, to me. Hand over all of your assets, check your cajones at the door, and whatever you do, never challenge me on any level, or you will pay a price that no man should ever have to pay. Here, the women are comfortable being women, and seem to enjoy their men being men. Finances are always part of the deal. For most of us anyway. And yes, if you want to be with a beautiful woman, who is quite a bit younger than you, you are going to have to provide some stability, and offer some financial security. Any other interpretation is laced with at least some level of denial. Some are comfortable being with fairly unattractive older women. And kudos to them for that. But not me. It has never worked for me, on so many levels.