Girlfriend abandoned son with non-biological father

movsrus

He will be placed in a boys home with hundreds of other boys. We all know what his fate will be. 

Would it not be possible for you to set him up in a cheap room and send him a little bit of money each month until he is 16. 

Or is it not possible for you to stay with him just for a couple more years then he can take care of himself?  Otherwise this boy is going to be locked up in state care until he is 24 years old. 

Please don't do this. 

If you did that, I would be able to act as a semi guardian and check on him. As I live in Thailand. 

Edited by greenchair

On 11/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, greenchair said:

He will be placed in a boys home with hundreds of other boys. We all know what his fate will be. 

Would it not be possible for you to set him up in a cheap room and send him a little bit of money each month until he is 16. 

Or is it not possible for you to stay with him just for a couple more years then he can take care of himself?  Otherwise this boy is going to be locked up in state care until he is 24 years old. 

Please don't do this. 

If you did that, I would be able to act as a semi guardian and check on him. As I live in Thailand. 

Just an update on this situation. I was able to contact the boy's relatives and discuss a plan to proceed. I am unable to just drop him off at an orphanage as that seems like a cruel and heartless thing to do. It would be different were I physically unable to care for him, if I couldn't afford it or if the authorities were to prevent it but none of these excuses are applicable. 

I understand your concern and appreciate the offer to assist and also am happy others provided suggestions.

We'll make it although being a first time parent at my age certainly was not part of my planning. Life is full of surprises.

6 hours ago, movsrus said:

Just an update on this situation. I was able to contact the boy's relatives and discuss a plan to proceed. I am unable to just drop him off at an orphanage as that seems like a cruel and heartless thing to do. It would be different were I physically unable to care for him, if I couldn't afford it or if the authorities were to prevent it but none of these excuses are applicable. 

I understand your concern and appreciate the offer to assist and also am happy others provided suggestions.

We'll make it although being a first time parent at my age certainly was not part of my planning. Life is full of surprises.

So a bit confused. 

Are you going to take him to relatives? 

Or do you think you might have a go at parenthood? 

Either one is a much better choice. That boys whole world would have been ruined in an orphanage. 

I have a Thai child that is not my own. He studies hard and understands when he reaches 18 I might be dead or not able to care for him. He would have been in a bar dancing with poles before 15. 

Instead, tomorrow we are going to the national math science competition. You can't save them all, but you can save one. 

Bless you. 

If you need any help, please ask. 

He will stay with me until school is out then I'll take him to his relatives for the school break. I will keep him with me if he doesn't want to stay with them. I can't feel comfortable just walking away and will let him make the decision.

Thanks for your concern and advise.

• 3 weeks later...

I Volunteer with Father Ray and have been involved with them for years. Sounds like the best thing you can do is get him to Father Ray Foundation on Sukhumvit Road Pattaya and they will assess and access the boys familiy details

They will care for him and he will be treated well.

Father Ray Foundation
440 Moo 9 (P.O. Box 15, Pattaya City),
Sukhumvit Road, Km 145,
Nongprue, Banglamung,
Chonburi 20260,
Thailand
Telephone: +66 (0)38428717
Fax: +66 (0)38420340
Mobile: +66 (0)917179089
Email: [email protected]