Video: Public outrage as shocking footage shows security man dragged under the wheels of doctor's car

snoop1130

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

In a country where corruption is endemic, money rules and the top down class system is alive and well this kind of thing will always happen. So often the upper income earners in society commit horrific crimes and "seem" to go unpunished as long as the wallet if full. I hope Thai people will wake up one day and feel the shame of this and demand an end to an unfair and unjust application of the law.

I hope in this case, just for once some justice prevails and this man (so called Doctor) feels the full force of the law.

Sadly, there is not much law in Thailand, at least not by any normal Western Standard

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

In a country where corruption is endemic, money rules and the top down class system is alive and well this kind of thing will always happen.

I had a Thai friend, old like me, from the next village over.  He used to ride his bicycle everyday looking for odd jobs.  One day he was drunk, fell off his bike and hit his head on the road and died!  At least that was the official version.  Actually he was doing some work for the Puyai of the area and fell off the roof.  Everybody knows exactly what happened.  The Puyai paid the funeral expenses and I heard that he gave the family 40,000 baht. It's more than they would ever get any other way as they wouldn't have pursue any litigation.  But in the end, my friend ended up being an old drunk that fell off his bike and died!

That is really upsetting both because of the appalling injuries suffered by the security guard and the almost certain knowledge that the doctor will not fully pay for his actions. 

The next time I read somebody complaining about Thailand being criticised , that if we dont love everything about the country we should pack our bags , I will refer them to this thread.

The appalling , probably drunken driving , the attitude of the doctor , the fact that his 'status ' will protect him , are systematic of the cancer in Thai society.

This is a case that nobody should keep quiet about , we all should shout from the roof tops that this behaviour cannot continue.

Those who do not condemn such acts , shrug it off as TIT , are perhaps those who should pack their bags.

Sorry for the rant but this man is someones son , brother or husband , he should not just be dismissed as another victim of the status quo !

Uh, oh.   I see only a world of pain ahead for the good doctor.  I'm talking a VERY painful 500 (count 'em!) baht fine.  OUCH!  And the hurt only continues with a stinging slap to the wrist and a strong but polite admonishment to not do that again--at least not any time soon.   That should teach him a hard lesson.

Elites in every country get this kind of treatment.  They are immune.  Happens in America too in case the Thai haters come out on this one.  A relative of mine in the USA was killed in a drunk hit and run and the perp was a wealthy connected punk that got off without any punishment.  

What will they charge him with if the security guard dies?

Things are very clear in this country regarding the economic value of a persons life.  It’s a sliding scale from rich to poor.  The Thai’s generally seem to accept it provided the appropriate level of compensation.  Even my dear wife tells me that once you are dead nothing can bring you back so best to focus on the financial compensation.  The morals or right/wrong be damned.

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Try to read posts before repeating another’s reply. 

Try to rein in your self-important demands about what others can post here until you're a moderator,  but, that aside, perhaps it was clear that you needed reminding of the rights of a driver accused of drink driving.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"Does he think that he is actually a human being? How can he help the sick if he does this?"

I'm actually a little surprised. Given the importance Thais place on money and status, and that so many want to be doctors for this reason, that they would assume a doctor must be very caring and considerate.