Hotels And Guesthouses

kebabman7

Hi,

I'll be traveling around Issan in July for about 3 mnths and would appreciate if anyone can suggest any hotels or guesthouses in Khon Kaen and Sakon Nakhon city. I'll be trying to keep my daily budget between 500-600 baht/day for the room and probably be staying a couple of weeks in each place. I may also need to hire a car/pickup truck in Khon Kaen for a few days, can anyone recommend any places which offer full insurance and rates please (will be visiting GF home near Ban Phai and need the freedom to travel rather than relying on the bus and waiting in a downpour for an hour which happened to me last time :o )

If anyone also has any info on places of interest or things to do in Sakon Nakhon as seems a bit limited for this city on the net.

:D

Try looking on www.khonkaen.com

There are plenty of rooms in your price range.

Car rental with insurance - maybe at the airport or at the Sofitel Hotel. Lots of places to rent, but I'm pretty sure most don't offer full coverage.

In Sakhon Nakhon I always stayed at the Dusit Hotel (near the hospital), in Ban Phai at the Wongchai. Both in your price range, nice and clean with airco. For long stay you can bargain a lower rate.

I did some inquiries on car rental in Khon Kaen, the one that seemed best to me was at the gas station near the Kosa shopping Mall (exit at other side than Kosa Hotel), the cars looked ok and it was cheaper than most near the Sofitel, the lady manager spoke perfect English. However I did not rent there, coz I desided to buy a car instead.

In the Lonely Planet Thailand, you can find all the info you need.