Prawit caught red-handed? More watch photos emerge

webfact

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope posters will forgive me but I am an old school type of chap who has a Seiko watch and all I want of it is to show me the time. I am not a 'jewelry' type person (no rings, ornaments etc) but  had a Thai friend (dead now) who had a couple of watches with diamonds etc but he told me they were more of an investment than anything else. I can accept people buy a watch because it looks good but that one the DPM is wearing looks damned ugly to me. Is it a fashion thing?

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What a numpty .. If he had got a 1000 barts blinged up Roli' copy offa the beach no one would have taken a blind bit of notice .. And aren't R M watches more gangsta than deputy dawg .?

Yes but he belongs to a gangster like organisation

To be honest I'd never heard of a Richard Mille watch until this topic arose. I'm off to Laos next month. Can get a Rado or Rolex for 500 bt or so. I'll ask about this Richard Mille stuff.

But what intrigues me - and I didn't notice until this watch and ring thing blew up - is just how short the guy is. I understood that anyone under 1.5 metres tall couldn't join the Thai Military.

Edited by owl sees all

I would imagine he purchased these timepieces outside of Thailand - my guess - and that he avoided all sorts of import laws, duty, excise, VAT, etc.

Not the most shocking aspect of this corruption, but certainly the lack of respect for the LAW should be a black mark and cause for him to tender his resignation.

Just kidding. Time to double down and charge everyone posting these photos with sedition and computer crimes. 

" His latest declaration valued his total total assets at Bt87 million. "

Why does nobody ask how a career army officer amassed 87,000,000 Baht?

The Thai Army must pay well. Surely this comes under the "Unusual Wealth"

category even though it might be on the lower end of the scale.

5 minutes ago, lensta said:

Shhhhh! no difficult questions - please!

5 minutes ago, lensta said:

There is an article or two by a certain Scots journalist on complicity with the drug running across the Burma border.  

If you google a little bit you will find, it, also implicated in what in other countries would be deemed human rights issues but here is same same

If I was Prawit, I'd simply fall on my sword and admit to the public that he visited one of the various bazaars which sell imitation, knock-off, vanity watches and in a moment of weakness picked up two or three fake Richard Milles for about 2K THB each in order to impress his friends and family.  Apologize, high-wais all around, and forgiveness will follow. 

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

reasonable to some, especially the guy dreaming up the explanations.

this may be another of those jobs that foreigners can apply for? obviously you need a certain amount of skill to come up with inplausable explanations 

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

To be honest I'd never heard of a Richard Mille watch until this topic arose. I'm off to Laos next month. Can get a Rado or Rolex for 500 bt or so. I'll ask about this Richard Mille stuff.

But what intrigues me - and I didn't notice until this watch and ring thing blew up - is just how short the guy is. I understood that anyone under 1.5 metres tall couldn't join the Thai Military.

Allan Ladd shoes.

2 minutes ago, connda said:

If I was Prawit, I'd simply fall on my sword and admit to the public that he visited one of the various bazaars which sell imitation, knock-off, vanity watches and in a moment of weakness picked up two or three fake Richard Milles for about 2K THB each in order to impress his friends and family.  Apologize, high-wais all around, and forgiveness will follow. 

for all we know and for all we will ever know, the could really be knock-offs.

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What a numpty .. If he had got a 1000 barts blinged up Roli' copy offa the beach no one would have taken a blind bit of notice .. And aren't R M watches more gangsta than deputy dawg .?

Wonderful command of the English language: barts(baht), blinged (sorry. no idea), Roli' (Rolex), offa (from) .. (.), gangsta (gangster), .? (?).