Teen model in apparent suicide in Bangkok

webfact

Teen model in apparent suicide in Bangkok

By The Nation 

A 19-year-old freelance fashion model reportedly suffering from depression was found hanged late Sunday night at her boyfriend’s house in Bangkok’s Suan Luang district.

The death of Nunnpas, whose surname was being withheld, was being treated as a suicide.

Pol Captain Ariyalertchaikul of Khlong Ton Police Station said officers were summoned to the two-storey house on Soi Pattanakan 48 just after midnight Sunday.

The teenager was found in a second-floor bedroom, hanging from a ceiling fan by a dog leash. The time of death was estimated to be less than 24 hours previously.

The body showed no other sign of injury and the room was locked from the inside.

The body was sent to Chulalongkorn Hospital for an autopsy.

Police investigation found that Nannpas stayed at the house with her boyfriend of six months.

Police discovered that Nunnpas had last posted on Facebook at 1.39am on Saturday.

She wrote that she needed to “do something” about the unhappiness she felt at receiving little attention or care.

She wrote that she’d attempted suicide many times before, but no one else knew about it, and that she hadn’t taken her anti-depression medication in two days.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334199

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-18

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

Depression, and other mental health issues, are getting more prevalent, but support for such illnesses is not great over here. It is distressing to hear of anyone taking their own life, for whatever reason, but at 19 years of age, she had her whole life ahead of her.

R.I.P. 

The problem comes from the Pharmaceutical companies & Health care experts, getting these mis-guided people on all of these medications in the first place.

For the last 10,000 or so years (up until the 1950's) there was no medication for perceived depression, and the world did just fine.

It's the greedy drug companies that are causing havoc in society today.

Edited by NoBrainer

3 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

The problem comes from the Pharmaceutical companies & Health care experts, getting these mis-guided people on all of these medications in the first place.

For the last 10,000 or so years (up until the 1950's) there was no medication for perceived depression, and the world did just fine.

Probably completely irrelevant in this case.

5 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

There was no medication for a lot of things prior to that era.... since then, life expectancy (and quality of said life) has sky rocketed.... because the worlds is finer now.

“Suck it up because what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger” is a saying that kills a lot of people..... now go get your prostrate checked, because that’s another killer that the world did just fine with pre rectal exams (and modern meds)

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Facebook cause of many suicides.

I don't see anything about facebook in this article.

I was reading an interesting article on how facebook could contribute to one's dissatisfaction  of one's life and I guess as such could contribute to suicide.

The jest of the article is that we all present our lives from the best angle on facebook , the author offered many examples,

one example  was pictures from the window of her house always showed the lush hills to the left and the beautiful sunsets , but never showed the canning factory to her right . One looking at these pictures could think "look at this beautiful house and dissatisfied by his/hers views.

On the other hand Facebook could bring people closer together, and prevent suicides .

So............

Anyway, as a father of a beautiful ,lovely , 21 year old daughter that I love more than my own life, I have to feel for the parents of the girl and what they must be going through, and the poor girl .

How sad she must have being to take her own life.  

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Another tragedy. Unfortunately when in the grip of depression life can seem very bleak. Its called the black dog for a reason

dont use the term "black dog" here as u may get some fillipino or vietnamese culinary replies

On 12/18/2017 at 2:50 PM, NoBrainer said:

After many years on medication once you take them off the medication they just couldn't cope anymore. Why are doctors so keen on putting you on medication? Are they making money?

Can I say to the doctor, "look, I don't want to be put on medication at all"?

On 12/17/2017 at 10:50 PM, NoBrainer said:

Nope--nice try, though... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_the_United_States