Several injured when car hits pedestrians in Australia's Melbourne - officials

webfact

Another bout of terrorism in melb city streets with in a year, not to mention other areas with in the state, our govts are absolutely treasonable for letting this happen, and the weak law, the weak judges etc etc, the bullshit immgration policy on so called refugees,  makes my bloodboil, this used to be such a good place now its a shit hole.............

13 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

As far as I can see, this is just another case of a muslim trying to take out as many non-muslims as he could in a deliberate attack ! Why not call a spade a spade ?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But we'll all have to wait a little bit to be sure about that.

People thinking and in charge of these investigations can't call it until they're sure.

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

mental health issues   ...   ?    but he can drive ok ...  ?    not buying that excuse .....

murderer and nutter is closer to the truth.  :shock1:

Since when does mental illness effect driving skills ? 

So not buying the mental health issues but he is a nutter, one is an informal name for the other.

13 hours ago, balo said:

In the future I hope they implant a chip on all refugees and asylum seekers , so we can track them before they decide to go mental. 

Too late. The children of former refugees that are citizens are the real problem now. They can't be tracked like you say.

Short of lobotomising everyone, the only solution now is passive prevention like bollards and curtailment of civil liberties. I'm quite glad I won't be around to see the brave new world I will be leaving ( not that I caused it, but I have no wish to be subjected to it ).

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But we'll all have to wait a little bit to be sure about that.

People thinking and in charge of these investigations can't call it until they're sure.

If people did that most of these attacks on people for things they supposedly did decades ago would never see light of day, as most are "accusations" and zero proof.

2 hours ago, fabphil said:

this used to be such a good place now its a shit hole

Sadly all countries are under threat of religious / political terrorism or violent acts of the profoundly mentally disturbed. However, I also live in Oz and totally disagree with you, it's a great place to live in comparison to many, many countries.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Since when does mental illness effect driving skills ? 

So not buying the mental health issues but he is a nutter, one is an informal name for the other.

It does. if one medications, massive impact. Sedatives  and mood modifiers can put people in a  dazed state.

Do you really believe it prudent to allow violent mentally ill people to  have access to vehicles?

44 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Sadly all countries are under threat of religious / political terrorism or violent acts of the profoundly mentally disturbed. However, I also live in Oz and totally disagree with you, it's a great place to live in comparison to many, many countries.

how can you say Oz is a great place... ?   it's an expensive shit hole as he said.

Electricity is the most expensive in the world

Penalty rates were revoked from Sunday workers recently   ??

Rents are ridiculously high

Forget the young family affording a house

Food is sooooooo  expensive ... I see one cup cake $5 at the markets

Ice is rampant in every country town with schools in Vic it's epidemic ..

There are so many nutters, young drunks, ice addicts running around late at night in Bris, Syd & Melbourne city.

Vandals are out of control in Sydney

Crime rate is up in Mebourne

I can go on but I think you get the picture ....    Maybe it is nice in Hastings st but get and see the real world and you'll see what I mean.

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

how can you say Oz is a great place... ?   it's an expensive shit hole as he said.

There are so many nutters, young drunks, ice addicts running around late at night in Bris, Syd & Melbourne city.

I can go on but I think you get the picture ....    Maybe it is nice in Hastings st but get and see the real world and you'll see what I mean.

Among other countries I lived in Thailand for four years. I have lived in Oz for more than thirty years, including MLB, SYD & BNE and likely travelled to more places in Oz than most Australians for both work and leisure. I reject your hyperbole & negativism regards Australia.

Edited by simple1

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I have lived in Oz for more than thirty years, including MLB, SYD & BNE and likely travelled to more places in Oz than most Australians for both work and leisure. I reject your negativism.

so you think all i mentioned is incorrect   ?    sorry,  it's all true & correct.

but I respect your liking to Oz.

Edited by steven100

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

so you think all i mentioned is incorrect   ?    sorry,  it's all true & correct.

but I respect your liking to Oz.

We obviously have had very different living experiences in Oz

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

OMG.  I agree with you.  You nailed it.  

Edited by Ron19
Racist comment removed.

21 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I am wondering what criteria needs to be met before an incident is deemed a terrorist attack?

Generally having brown skin is an automatic qualifier if we are to believe the TV pundits. 

But if you are white shooting into a crowded Las Vegas street, then the mental health tag applies.

If you don’t get around to topping yourself before caught by the police, they may even take you to Burger King for lunch before charging you at the station.