Have you left Thailand ?

superal

17 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

True that . Where is it incorrect with what I said ? Filipinos are not pretty . Way more pretty girls in Thailand then the Philippines . Both want you for your money/security like all women the world over . 

LOL> way more pretty girls in Thailand? It's equal, but when you get down to it, there is a lot more cosmetic surgery and make-up use in Thailand. Most of the girls in the cities in Thailand plaster their faces with makeup day and night, so yes, if you like the fake look Thailand wins hands down.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> way more pretty girls in Thailand? It's equal, but when you get down to it, there is a lot more cosmetic surgery and make-up use in Thailand. Most of the girls in the cities in Thailand plaster their faces with makeup day and night, so yes, if you like the fake look Thailand wins hands down.

Sorry we are going to have to agree to disagree there . We all have our different tastes (I like northern Thai /Bangkok ) Filipino women do zero for me . Are you married to one ?

I spent nearly 7 years living in Bangkok and traveling in SE Asia.  I've been living in Cebu City, Philippines, for nearly the same length of time.  It's not an easy comparison, and living in both places requires different compromises.  Every Country is different and I can't see any mileage in trying to defend any particular one, because other people's 'wants' can be very diverse.

I left Bangkok because I was partying into the early hours every night, and it was beginning to have an adverse effect on my health.  I needed a complete change, and found it in the Philippines.  As has been mentioned, the infrastructure is far behind LOS, and depending where you live, electricity (oddly called 'brown outs') and water supplies are often out for hours at a time.

Do I miss Thailand?  Yes I do, my old friends, the bars, the great food etc.  But it's not hard to get on a plane and visit.  Would I leave the Philippines?  I have no plan to move Countries again, but who knows?  I have become actively involved with sponsoring young children (7 at the last count) and that is far more rewarding than my previous life as a bar hopping playboy!  I guess we all have to grow up sometime!