Taxi motorcyclist’s vests for sale or rent in Nonthaburi

rooster59

Taxi motorcyclist’s vests for sale or rent in Nonthaburi

taxicyclist.jpg

Taxi motorcyclist’s orange vests which allow the drivers to operate legally are available for sale in Nonthaburi at 15,000 baht each or for rent at about 1,000 baht a month plus other additional charges, according to an investigating report of Thai PBS.

A team of Thai PBS reporters was recently sent to Nonthaburi to investigate complaints that the orange vests are available for sale or for monthly rent to anyone interested of becoming a taxi motorcyclist and the proceeds from the illegal sale and rent will go into the pockets of police and other government officials.

The reporters approached Mr Chalerm Changthongmadun, president of the Taxi Motorcyclists Association, who admitted that several taxi motorbikers in Nonthaburi had complained about the illegal payoffs and sent in video clips to prove their complaints.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/taxi-motorcyclists-vests-sale-rent-nonthaburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-07

11 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

the proceeds from the illegal sale and rent will go into the pockets of police and other government officials.

And these people wonder why people don't take them seriously ?

So much for the 'attempts' at eradicating corruption in the L.O.S.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The reporters approached Mr Chalerm Changthongmadun, president of the Taxi Motorcyclists Association, who admitted that several taxi motorbikers in Nonthaburi had complained about the illegal payoffs and sent in video clips to prove their complaints.

And how long time have they been handing him theese videos, without a result or that something happens?

1 hour ago, missoura said:

Wonder what these guys pay on this infamous soi in BKK?

Took away the picture due to the length of the thread. However, it´s not sure that they have to pay anything. That is just because it´s a much more visible place and a problem like this would surface quicker and harder. In Nonthaburi, though, there is no eyes to see anything. Just means that it´s easier to keep a way of working like this more hidden.

I thought this was the standard practice almost everywhere.

I believe it is because RTP and gov officials are involved that the baht bus routes in Pattay & Jomtien haven't been extended  and the circular bus route through Pattaya and Jomtien  also failed.

I know there’s a scam here.... I can smell it!

big joke must attend to lock up sales attendants for way overcharging on hi vis safety vests..... or are they knock off vests? (Much worse... fake and overcharging)

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

And these people wonder why people don't take them seriously ?

So much for the 'attempts' at eradicating corruption in the L.O.S.

That same police let the mototaxi's drive against traffic, without helmet, without proper lights and so on...causing loads of accidents and frustration.

3 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

I wear an orange safety vest when on my motorcycle, be safe be seen and all that, and often get mistaken for a taxi motorcycle! I'll have to start wearing yellow.

I have orange and yellow, last week an old lady of 78 stopped me and jumped on the back...she told me to bring her to the salon at the end of the soi but it was closed, so she told me to bring her to BigC....serious..

13 hours ago, Thian said:

I have orange and yellow, last week an old lady of 78 stopped me and jumped on the back...she told me to bring her to the salon at the end of the soi but it was closed, so she told me to bring her to BigC....serious..

I've been wearing mine for 10 years, never had your experience though, maybe because 2 of my bikes have top boxes and the CBR300 without one, well, just doesn't look like a motorcy' taxi. How much did you charge, by the way?:smile: 

13 hours ago, Thian said:

Must be your handsome face and cute smile, you lucky devil.

criteria to be a scooter taxi with an orange vest...# 5 do you have a scooter.# 4 do you have a license.#3 do you have your own chair??..#2 can you sit hours on end doing nothing,and or stand in the middle of the footpath so people have to walk around you........ drum roll please #1.. can you clap your hands 3 times, real loud....YOUR HIRED...now get to work you little scamper.....

43 minutes ago, mok199 said:

criteria to be a scooter taxi with an orange vest...# 5 do you have a scooter.# 4 do you have a license.#3 do you have your own chair??..#2 can you sit hours on end doing nothing,and or stand in the middle of the footpath so people have to walk around you........ drum roll please #1.. can you clap your hands 3 times, real loud....YOUR HIRED...now get to work you little scamper.....

You forgot: #6 Are you usually drunk before lunch?