Yingluck may get special UK treatment

rooster59

1 hour ago, wotsdermatter said:

We have read a lot about applications being submitted to Interpol concerning two recent applications by the Thai police for assistance from them about bringing them back to Thailand.  So far, Interpol does not appear too concerned about either of them.  If the Thai authorities cannot prevent, resolve, or clean up cases within their own jurisdiction according to Thai laws, which it appears can be easily and readily circumvented if one has the status, position, knowledge, and money to do so, while the persons are still within the country, then why would any institution even offer to help.  Maybe, Interpol may have put things on hold while waiting for some reason unknown to us regarding their lack of involvement.  If the Thai authorities cannot arrest a cop killer while the killer is within the geographical boundaries of the country, why should Interpol waste its resources to help clean up the Thai authorities made mess?

If I remember correctly this is exactly the same flap as about Thaksin a few years back when the Abhisit govt    were claiming they were working with Interpol and a red notice had been issued - it turned out several months later that Thailand had not even sent the request to Interpol in English as required  but only Thai and had been dismissed out of hand.

This is just posturing for a Thai audience and not to be taken seriously outside in the real world.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wotsdermatter said:

We have read a lot about applications being submitted to Interpol concerning two recent applications by the Thai police for assistance from them about bringing them back to Thailand.  So far, Interpol does not appear too concerned about either of them.  If the Thai authorities cannot prevent, resolve, or clean up cases within their own jurisdiction according to Thai laws, which it appears can be easily and readily circumvented if one has the status, position, knowledge, and money to do so, while the persons are still within the country, then why would any institution even offer to help.  Maybe, Interpol may have put things on hold while waiting for some reason unknown to us regarding their lack of involvement.  If the Thai authorities cannot arrest a cop killer while the killer is within the geographical boundaries of the country, why should Interpol waste its resources to help clean up the Thai authorities made mess?

Basic misunderstanding about Interpol, which has no enforcement powers, but is simply an intelligence gathering and sharing organisation. Any enforcement action eg for a Red Notice, is the responsibility of the police force, the judiciary and the Government in the country concerned.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin did not get asylum in the UK which is why he lives in Dubai.

Maybe he thought Dubai sounds the same as Sabai so it must be good. Same as those people long time ago who went to Greenland 'thinking' it was green! hahaha. Ashamed they made a left turn and went to america.

5 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

For one thing Yingluck is not going to be extradited to be locked up for something that is not a crime in the UK.

For another, her conviction and sentence for the same must surely provide "substantial evidence and reasons to justify the application for asylum".

The Thai powers that be harping on about seeking extradition, can only strengthen Yingluck's case to stay in the UK, and make themselves look like ineffectual bullies.

so it's not a crime in the UK to sell fake shipments according to you.  What has it got to with the Thai Powers? It is the Thai courts that are prosecuting her, The proceedings started before the present government

59 minutes ago, gamini said:

so it's not a crime in the UK to sell fake shipments according to you.  What has it got to with the Thai Powers? It is the Thai courts that are prosecuting her, The proceedings started before the present government

Was Yingluck convicted of selling fake shipments? Nope.

Did I say, or even suggest,  it was not a crime? Nope.

Were people convicted of selling fake shipments? Yes, and as far as I know they are still in jail.

Edited by Aj Mick

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin was charged with offences that could also be a crime under UK law. He has been convicted and sentenced for one. He chose to live in a place where he is not at risk of extradition, and got other family members (such as Yingluck) and other lackeys to carry on with his ill conceived and/or dubious agenda.

Edited by Aj Mick

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm really looking forward to the outcome of this. If the UK courts give her asylum and declare the military junta unfit to live under, maybe I can sneak my wife into the UK on asylum too ! (probably not, as I am poor !!)

Nothing to do with the UK courts. The Home Office deals with asylum requests.

Edited by Aj Mick

She could/likely already hold a UK passport now. Most countries offer a passport to people who invest/pay enough, the bar is higher in the UK than most places and is about a million pounds...but that's just chunk change for her. Add on to the of that that she was a democratically elected PM that was ousted in a military coup and those generals are still now in charge asking for here whereabout or possible return...dream on, already decided. Just the junta making a few noises for consumption by the media and their peons here. Pfft.

Even if she was going through the process like anyone else (and I bet she isn't) she could drag the process on for years and years...look at how hard it is to get anyone to leave the UK. It took 10 years to deport a convicted hate speaking terrorist like cleric hook-hands to the US. 

10 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

If anyone ever deserved to be granted asylum in the UK then she does.

Yes, after all she only ever allowed her criminal brother to use her as a pretty puppet whilst he illegally ran the government as a non elected fugitive. 

And now she only as billions to live on with access to the trough currently blocked.

But she'll be welcome just about anywhere, with all the lovely money.

3 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Nothing to do with the UK courts. The Home Office deals with asylum requests.

Yes but any appeal against a Home Office ruling will be heard by a court and the court will then decide.

But billionaires can simply hire the best lackey's money can buy to make sure it's all smooth as silk. 

Edited by Baerboxer

To get cooperation you have to give cooperation and Thailand has not cooperated with the UK on several cases  including  The Koh Tao murder case, the Red Bull killer case and they failed to assist Andy Hall in his various fights against injustice  Which also included his invaluable fight for a fair trail for the Myanmar boys who were wrongfully convicted for murder .

Yingluck may be guilty of political crimes but the UK knows a witch hunt when they see one   

12 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

As far as I am aware, the U.K. does not have an Interior Ministry! All applications for political asylum are dealt with through the Home Office, or have things changed since I was last there!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

interior-home office, isn't that basically the same thing with brass knobs on?

I don't think he persued a claim, there was talk of one but I don't think he went ahead with it. I believe his visa was revoked by the Brown administration. Why I don't know. Mind you Bruin wasn't exactly renowned for coherent thought processes! It doesn't seem to have stopped him from being a fairly regular visitor since then...
Yingluck will probably have been given entry to the UK, and leave to remain, because she was the democratically elected Prime Minister of a country where her campaign for re-election was interrupted by a coup which installed a junta government. That and the fact that she had subsequently been convicted of " negligence" by that Juntas courts would probably be sufficient, no matter what, if any, passport she was waving. Her wealth means that she would not be the remotest burden on the UK. Whether she now goes on to apply for formal asylum will probably depend on whether that would help her personal or political intentions. If she wishes to travel out of and return to the UK then the Home Office can give her a "Laissez Passe" which will allow her to do so.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

As far as I am aware, the U.K. does not have an Interior Ministry! All applications for political asylum are dealt with through the Home Office, or have things changed since I was last there!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just out of curiosity, yeah, you know. The one that finally killed that darn cat!:smile:
What is the differens between the home office and the interior ministry? Can it be that you have a name for it and there is another name that represent the same at the international level?
Just a question, as I said. I don´t know anything about it. Just beeing that kind of cat. :smile:

34 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

The Thai leaders need to stop talking about this and move onto something they care about and are interested in dealing with, like rigged elections that will keep them in watches and subs.

They don't need to rig elections, they just have to be in charge of the vote counting, oh, isn't that the same thing

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thanakit Worathanachakul, a senior prosecutor at the Office of the Attorney-General

Now a real expert on UK law

The problem with him and his office he does not even know what a law is, having dealt with this office in 2016 I found them to be up the ass of the PM who kicked out the old staff who where not to bad and put in his own crooks. One of the Thai Attorneys there even told us that in English.

Any country that deals with this lot needs to think twice as bullS>>T flows from this office at a rate of 1000 cows an hour.

56 minutes ago, salavan said:

The UK is renowned for rewarding politicians who steal  and mess up their economy .

If she was male and British she would get a knight hood from the queen

Must have had too much fizzi stuff last night as you do not spell Thai with the letters UK or accept bullsh>> watch excuses.