• Latest posts...

1. 170

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

2. 2,489

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

3. 51

New ‘Dee-Delivery’ regulation to combat COD fraud epidemic

4. 0

harris campaign, clean up on aisle Electoral College

5. 2

Wrapping fragile goods

6. 223

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

7. 65

First Conviction in Victoria for Nazi Salute: Self-Proclaimed Nazi Faces Sentencing

8. 223

9. 223

10. 170

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 123

3 Things that will make your relationship successful in Thailand

12. 1

Thailand and Laos Strengthen Ties with Six New Agreements

Ukrainian man tested for drugs, alcohol after Russian women killed in Phuket head-on collision

webfact

Ukrainian man tested for drugs, alcohol after Russian women killed in Phuket head-on collision

Eakkapop Thongtub

1516590539_1-org.jpg

The driver of the car, Ukrainian Artem Serdiukov, wa staken to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town for treatment of injuries – and to be tested for drugs and alcohol. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two Russian women staying in Phuket were killed when the car they were travelling slammed head-on into a passenger van in Cherng Talay yesterday afternoon (Jan 21).

The deadly collision occurred just after 2pm on the Ban Don – Cherng Thalay Rd.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a heavily damaged Nissan Almera and passenger van with damage to its front end.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/ukrainian-man-tested-for-drugs-alcohol-after-russian-women-killed-in-phuket-head-on-collision-65668.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-22

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say for sure, but it seems seatbelts could have saved these lives. The cab of the car is relatively intact, the crumple zone did it's job.

A better driver would also have made  a difference.

Edited by Old Croc

Ukrainian driver loses control of his car – two killed in Cherngtalay crash

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_3862.jpg

A car driven by a Ukrainian man, Artem Chidoko, was travelling, allegedly at high speed, from Cherngtalay towards Phuket International Airport when he lost control while taking a curve on the road. He crashed into a van driving on the other side of the road in the opposite direction about 2pm yesterday afternoon (Sunday).

He was driving with two passengers, 67 year old Lucia Chamilukina and 68 year old Lilia Mavrikova when the crash occurs in front of a gas station at the Baan Don – Cherngtalay Road.

Full story:  https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/ukrainian-driver-loses-control-car-two-killed-cherngtalay-crash

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-01-22

29 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

So what was the van driver tested for?

it does seem like it was the ukrainians fault, at least from the report, however where there are serious injuries or deaths involved then both drivers should be tested imo. i think that would be normal practice in most countries

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

it does seem like it was the ukrainians fault, at least from the report, however where there are serious injuries or deaths involved then both drivers should be tested imo. i think that would be normal practice in most countries

How do you know the van driver WASN'T tested? Just because it isn't in the article doesn't mean he wasn't.

There is a sickness for sure abiding in the minds of some posters on here ( and the minds of those who "Like" what they say).

Didn't have to wait long for the first of them to crawl out from under their rock with their attempt at humour...concerning the death of two ladies....A 67 year old and a 68 year old?

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

So what was the van driver tested for?

Let's hope both are treated evenly. A reasonable requirement for drivers (all) to be tested for drug impairment when death or serious injury is occasioned. 

I just love reading these articles. Reminds me of the days when I watched that cartoon. "The Flintstones". Sadly though this is not a cartoon. It involves real life and death! Too bad the authorities here are still watching the same cartoon. Yabba Dabbo Doo!

Edited by wavemanwww

1 hour ago, kevden said:

Let's hope both are treated evenly. A reasonable requirement for drivers (all) to be tested for drug impairment when death or serious injury is occasioned. 

I hope they are treated differently. One caused an accident, the other just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Neither the Phuket News or the Phuket Gazette have mentioned where the 2 women were sitting. At a guess I would say that they both were sitting in the back with no seat belts on and that they received head injuries when they were thrown face first into the back of the front seats. Being their age they would be fairly fragile.

Rest In Peace my dear ladies.

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

How do you know the van driver WASN'T tested? Just because it isn't in the article doesn't mean he wasn't.

Please read my post again and tell me In what part did I say he WASN'T tested?? i was answering someone else."just because it wasn't in the post doesn't mean he wasn't" wow, thanks for the life lesson. I'll bear that in mind

I have hired a Nissan Almera once in Thailand, please note the once. It was a death trap. I dunno where they manufacture them but a brand new car should not just cut-out (yes, not stalled) as you are crossing main junctions. Just went completely dead a few times, won't drive one now. Sad for the old ladies.

Awful!

Recently visited Phuket and felt that it was a downright dangerous place to drive.

One night I was driving northwards from Patong. Reached the first of a series of steep hills- well at first I thought someone had dropped chinese firecrackers on the road in front, sparks everywhere. Then a body flew past and then the bike, spinning inches from my car.

Went to pull over. Then remembered a few stories about luckless farangs being false blamed and drove on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

Awful!

Recently visited Phuket and felt that it was a downright dangerous place to drive.

One night I was driving northwards from Patong. Reached the first of a series of steep hills- well at first I thought someone had dropped chinese firecrackers on the road in front, sparks everywhere. Then a body flew past and then the bike, spinning inches from my car.

Went to pull over. Then remembered a few stories about luckless farangs being false blamed and drove on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lots of stories, mist of them not true. Sad when someone doesn't help a fellow human being in need due to unfounded fears.

6 hours ago, Happy enough said:

Aye there's the rub, for a minute there I thought I might slip in a passing mention of the nanny state but I dont think I will bother today

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Hard to say for sure, but it seems seatbelts could have saved these lives. The cab of the car is relatively intact, the crumple zone did it's job.

A better driver would also have made  a difference.

I don't see any airbags? Not fitted to Thai cars?