Liverpool cry "FOUL!" as fake shirts in Thailand given a red card!

rooster59

Liverpool cry "FOUL!" as fake shirts in Thailand given a red card!

561000001157901.JPEG

Image: Manager

A representative of English football giants Liverpool has said to fans: "If you love the club, buy real shirts".

This came after two raids in Bangkok netted more than 1,000 fake shirts being sold in two locations. 

Fakes sell for just a few hundred baht in Thailand while the real thing costs thousands. A minimum wage employee would have to work for a week to get one. 

Kevin Harrington a law firm employee representing Liverpool's interest in Thailand said:

"True fans should buy real shirts and show their love for the club".

He said that real merchandise was only available at Central stores and Supersports through the distributor CRC.

Police on Thursday arrested two people in Sukhumvit and Nonthaburi. Thongkham Pholom, 57, in Phrakhanong had 454 fakes but said she was just an employee paid 8,000 baht a month. She blamed Right Collective Co Ltd.

Forty year old Sahachart Nuchwan in Bang Kruay had 700 fakes and admitted to being a distributor.

Police put losses for Liverpool at 2 million baht.

Liverpool's Thai website lists shirts for sale starting at more than 2,700 baht.

Liverpool remain one of the most popular clubs for Thai fans despite the fact they have never won the English Premier League since it began in 1992.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-03

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I have a couple of Thai friends who are big Liverpool fans and they do buy the real shirts. They can afford it. I know people who are fans and can’t afford it. They buy the copies. 

I think real fans who can afford it will often buy the real ones. People who can’t will buy the fakes. 

I don’t buy my club’s shirts anymore cos they are way overpriced and change too often. The joys of capitalism and being a consumer. I do pay to watch the games via cable and my app. Don’t worry, English Premier League teams, you won’t be going bust cos of copied shirts. 

This is the thing...the club didn't lose 2million baht, as those fans would not buy the original as they can't afford it. Anyone with money buys the real deal (they like to show off they have cash). Who would buy a fake benz when you can afford the real thing? Poor LFC....they must be hard up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not just Liverpool shirts every EPL club can be purchased what I can say is that in my opinion they are not really fake as they do not look anything like the shirts the can be purchased in the Liverpool stores for a start they are in all diffent colours pink , blue, purple,violet,it’s never ending . A fake shirt in my humble opinion is a copy of the real thing these are a million miles away from the real thing and besides that the normal working Thai could not afford the real thing as it would eat up around two weeks wages ⚽️⚽️??⚽️⚽️

• Like 2

Before I bought some other clothes copies from Thailand and brought them back to Sweden. One of my friends was working for Nike back then so I gave him a fake Nike sports shirt. 3 weeks later he came to me and asked where I got the shirt because his boss and coworkers had asked him where he had gotten that shirt... it was made from better quality materials and the prints were better than on the original shirts!!! The difference between a 100 Baht copy and a 1000 Baht original!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

For my sins I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan and I always buy fake here in thailand... And I can afford the real. The fakes are really good! 200 thb for shorts and shirt or 2000 for the real thing? It's a no brainer. No one's going to come up to me and inspect with a microscope that I have a fake one... They just see that I'm wearing a Liverpool shirt, real or fake it doesn't matter.
A shirt costs about 50 thb to make and they charging 2000 thb? It's the clubs that are the problem not the people buying the fakes.

Im quite amazed that you didnt just rob it .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

We are forced to buy fake ones you idiots because your ones have  become rip offs.

How is the average Thai on Thai salaries suppose to afford your shirts that more than likely 

come out of the same factory anyway.

Not our job to support your ridiculous too much monied EPL & its poncy players

• Like 2

Now, before whining about alleged losses, if Liverpool FC would be so good to explain why it peddles "for thousands of baht" simple t-shirts that probably don't cost much more than 60 baht per piece to produce. Even if the club only charged 300 for one, it'd still turn a very healthy profit that even could help pay for expensive lawyers like Mr. Kevin Harrington, for example. Why is Liverpool FC shamelessly overcharging its fans, the backbone of its support base? Oh, of course I forgot about the greed factor nowadays all so prevalent in so-called "sports" clubs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

For my sins I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan and I always buy fake here in thailand... And I can afford the real. The fakes are really good! 200 thb for shorts and shirt or 2000 for the real thing? It's a no brainer. No one's going to come up to me and inspect with a microscope that I have a fake one... They just see that I'm wearing a Liverpool shirt, real or fake it doesn't matter.

A shirt costs about 50 thb to make and they charging 2000 thb? It's the clubs that are the problem not the people buying the fakes.

Very true the fakes are made in the same place as the genuine ones

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police put losses for Liverpool at 2 million baht.

This nonsense is spouted every time counterfeit goods are found. Liverpool in fact lost almost nothing because those who bought the cheap fakes will not have bought the expensive genuine article. That is true whether it is football shirts, designer bags or watches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Before I bought some other clothes copies from Thailand and brought them back to Sweden. One of my friends was working for Nike back then so I gave him a fake Nike sports shirt. 3 weeks later he came to me and asked where I got the shirt because his boss and coworkers had asked him where he had gotten that shirt... it was made from better quality materials and the prints were better than on the original shirts!!! The difference between a 100 Baht copy and a 1000 Baht original!?

I've bought fake t shirts and jeans in Thailand which outlasted my genuine stuff by years. I've still got a fake Seiko bought in '94 still working no probs, mind you I bought a bag one time all folded up in packaging so I unwrapped it and gave it a shake to open it up and a handle came off Lol

• Haha 1