Sattahip coffee-shop owner may face charges over saucy waitress post

webfact

So certain go-go bars can run ads featuring scantily clad girls on a certain cable TV network that shows English language programming and it's not an issue, but a coffee shop doing the same thing on a Facebook page brings out the BiB.

I don't recall the "C Cup Cafe" being threatened like that, or the noodle shop in Bangkok that also hired scantily clad "pretties" to try and boost their business. 

As nothing "naughty" was actually shown and no "naughty" business is going on (that we know of), it could be difficult to make a case. Then again, hiring lawyers to fight a charge might be more expensive than the "other" way of making it go away.

4 hours ago, Lingba said:

but its ok for topless waitresses in underwear to serve beer in certain establishments

You miss the point-------- There's 100,000bt in the offing here.I would summon him myself if I thought he would give me 100,000bt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those other establishments you talk about I would say are already paying a handsome price for that privilege ,the same as thousands of others.

4 hours ago, Lingba said:

but its ok for topless waitresses in underwear to serve beer in certain establishments

Yes and ok for ladyboys in bangla letting tourists suck and take pics of their fake boobs and showing you their pussy after having the op.....and you can take pic of that as well. THAILAND you are the sex capital of the world get over it or close 99% of massage, bars etc

• Like 1

Nothing like promoting  Thailand as a place to come for the sex tourist not  only in the bars  But coffee shops now restaurants next

no doubt the British Tabloids will be promoting this the flights to Thailand will over booked 

The Thai Tourist board will be proud 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lingba said:

It's a matter of workplace safety.   Dip a nipple into a hot cup of coffee and all hell breaks loose. Titties and beer go well together. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

I'll have one waitress with nothing on it, please. 

And, as Frank Sinatra sang:   "Thanks for the mammaries"

Did he sing " I did it sideways " also ? Not sure about the FS one , could of been Dean Martin .  I think you or/and me are going slightly off topic but hey its Monday and time to make Pim a coffee while wearing nowt but a pinny.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Whilst many of the comments are rather amusing and witty, a lot of people do not seem to grasp how serious things are becoming here with their new laws regarding computer crime.

It will have the effect of stamping out any disagreements or differing opinions, effectively bullying and forcing many people to be afraid to express an opinion.

Imagine the power they can have? They can basically just about jail anyone they want using this act as an excuse, from something as simple as a Facebook post, they can jail their own citizens at will.

Talk about 1984 and big brother, this place is going to be worse than anything Well's dreamed up! 

Wells?  Who's that?

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, the pingpong show operators know the colour and thickness of the envelopes better than the coffee shop operator - what a ridiculous farce and the whole world is laughing out loud - kindergarten Thailand going full steam again ;-) 

"...and the whole world is laughing out loud..."

But it isn't.

It is all about creating a scandal where one does not exist. These fake puritans will do anything to avoid confronting the catastrophe they have created. Having said that-

The great and benevolent leader has already insured happiness. He is lowering unemployment. He is growing the economy. He is increasing tourism revenue. He is increasing exports. He is abiding by all of the terms of the ASEAN charters he signed, and allowing the duty free importation of all beer throughout ASEAN. They are on all of the supermarket shelves as we speak. We are not longer subject to the very low quality local beers. He is making visa policy easy, simple and streamlined, and all tourists are very happy about that. He is improving traffic and public safety. Corruption is being eliminated, and innocent fall guys are no longer getting charged for murder, and being put to death. The taxi mafia on Samui and Phuket have been eliminated, and tourists can now get a taxi at a fair price. Life is better for all now that this great man is demonstrating his genius and vision on a daily basis. All he cares about is the welfare of his own people, and the happiness of both tourists and the ex-pat community. He contemplates this day and night. 

10 hours ago, Lingba said:

And do they serve milkshakes for the children too?  Surely needs to be an age related establishment doesn't it?  

Actually I only clicked on this link because I was hoping to see some new pictures or video of the waitress :smile: