Genuine Toyota Vigo Accessories

During the negotiating process prior to purchasing my Toyota Vigo pickup, I was browsing through the various optional equipment (accessories) to select the freebies given by the dealership as a condition of sale. One of the items, "DASH WOOD TRIM SET", an 11 piece assemble to enhance the center console area, AC vents and door armrests containing window and door lock switches. According to the options catalog, the term is listed as wood and on the box itself in capital letters is the word "WOOD". It was my assumption that the trim consists of a burl wood pattern embossed on plastic. Yesterday, I ran into a man who had just purchased a Vigo with the "WOOD" option and he swears that it is real wood and priced at a real bargain as compared to U.K. prices. To me, it looks and feels like plastic. Can anyone confirm one way or the other whether the trim pieces are actually made of wood or plastic?

Thanks,

Pattaya Dave

I can provide the lighter..

Of course you can get the guy who 'swears its real wood' to feel some nerves.

Just kidding of course, but I do really want to ask those who are in the know before I finalize the list of freebies provided by my Toyota dealership.

WOOD OR PLASTIC?

Just kidding of course, but I do really want to ask those who are in the know before I finalize the list of freebies provided by my Toyota dealership.

WOOD OR PLASTIC?

how much does he price it ? That might me a first clue

WOOD OR PLASTIC?

how much does he price it ? That might me a first clue

Good point, I don't really remember. I had asked the Toyota sales people a while back concerning the wood versus plastic issue. They told me the price, but I forgot. They couldn't confirm whether the trim was made from wood or plastic. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't tell me that it was wood whether they knew for sure or not. I guess I'll have to try a different dealership, I had hoped that someone on this forum could provide a difinitive answer that I could believe.

Sorry don't know the answer, but I've got it in my Vigo, it looks good (got the gear knobs as well, just to be really sad :o ). I want to fit the wood "effect" steering wheel from the Fortuner as well, but the dealer says it won't fit, sure it will says I, so when I get my hands on one and try to fit it, I will post the conclusion.