Thai Elite visa and 90 day reporting when living up-country

I hope someone who has a Thai Elite visa and lives away from the tourist areas can inform me.

I am thinking about buying a Thai Elite visa, since soon I will emigrate to Thailand and stay with my girlfriend and daughter. From what I read, this visum is a good deal and it only averages out at around 8 EUR a day - for me this is no problem.

But one think is unclear to me and perhaps someone can tell me. I realise I will still have to do the 90-day reporting. But apparently there is a site that can be used to do the reporting. So does this mean I will not have to visit some office? Visiting any office might be a bit of a hassle, since I will be living around a 2-3 hours drive from Chiang Mai. So ideally I would be able to do this from the convenience of our home. 

Have done my 90 day reports by mail for almost 5 years (registered mail EMS). Never any problems..

Depending on where you live in the sticks, make sure beforehand that your local Immi-Office accepts 90 day reporting by mail.

Elite Visa or 1 year extensions make no difference. Just make sure that you send in your 90 day reports by registered mail every time and keep your postal records.

Cheers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swissie said:

Have done my 90 day reports by mail for almost 5 years (registered mail EMS). Never any problems..

Depending on where you live in the sticks, make sure beforehand that your local Immi-Office accepts 90 day reporting by mail.

Elite Visa or 1 year extensions make no difference. Just make sure that you send in your 90 day reports by registered mail every time and keep your postal records.

Cheers.

So if one does by mail, one still has to send the mail to the local Immi office?  And if the local Immi office does not do by mail, then your only option is to go there in person?  I guess the driving rule is 90 day reports only go to local immi?

Also check with the Elite Visa Office  !  I talked to a French businessman on of flight a few month ago; The Elite Office in Bangkok is doing the 90 for him. I know he was Elite as he showed me his passport and the ELITE Visa.  No sure if the ELITE Office  can do it for people outside Bangkok area. Maybe some ELITE member on TV can elaborate.

22 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Also check with the Elite Visa Office  !  I talked to a French businessman on of flight a few month ago; The Elite Office in Bangkok is doing the 90 for him. I know he was Elite as he showed me his passport and the ELITE Visa.  No sure if the ELITE Office  can do it for people outside Bangkok area. Maybe some ELITE member on TV can elaborate.

They could probably do it in Bangkok but they would need his passport to do the report. Not really an option if not living in Bangkok.

The other option is to sign a power of attorney and get someone else to do the 90 report for you. 

I have not done a 90 report in 8 years - my offices government liaison officer does it for me. 

Obviously there needs to be a certain level of trust in this one through

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Only in bangkok and you have to book a couple weeks in advance to drop off the passport... and go back and get it. Two short trips instead of a longer one, barely worth it.

Edited by firestar

Only in bangkok and you have to book a couple weeks in advance to drop off the passport... and go back and get it. Two short trips instead of a longer one, barely worth it.
Use an agent to run it down and back for you.

Or just forego the 90 day reports and just leave/do a border hop before the permission to stay expires. Not sure why such a big deal is made of it considering it's 500-1000k baht.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Use an agent to run it down and back for you.

Or just forego the 90 day reports and just leave/do a border hop before the permission to stay expires. Not sure why such a big deal is made of it considering it's 500-1000k baht.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'd be living close to the Burmese border, so that should be fine then? To just travel over the border there by car or bus?

12 hours ago, firestar said:

Incorrect.

I have a TE and per their documentation, they do the 90 day report for:

Bangkok

Pattaya

Chiang Mai

Phuket

Time wise, I'm unsure, as I've never needed it done.

On 09/02/2018 at 2:03 AM, swissie said:

Cheers.

I'm curious as to why you would need to check if an immigration office accepts 90 day reports by mail.

Surely they all do?

Having said that, a few years ago I had a problem at Udon, as I was going to be away from home for one particular report date. They received my mail, but didn't bother to process it.

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm curious as to why you would need to check if an immigration office accepts 90 day reports by mail.

Surely they all do?

Nope, Buriram & Kap Choeng don't. Neither mail nor online. Exxxtremely old fashioned, but friendly...

3 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Nope, Buriram & Kap Choeng don't. Neither mail nor online. Exxxtremely old fashioned, but friendly...

OK, thanks for putting me straight.

I'd assumed that all offices would accept mailed reports as part of their job.

When you say 'online' do you mean the IO has no access to the enter the data on the immigration system for that particular office, or did you mean that they don't have their own local system for people to do 90 day reporting online?

I read recently that those living on Koh Samui can do that, using a local immigration system independent of the main BKK immigration database. I'd think something like that is out of the ordinary though?

34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When you say 'online' do you mean the IO has no access to the enter the data on the immigration system for that particular office, or did you mean that they don't have their own local system for people to do 90 day reporting online?

I meant that you can't use the 90 days online reporting system: On line 90 days. It is a "part time" system, that can be operated on IE only. Some offices will let you use it, sometimes...

On 09/02/2018 at 11:44 PM, bluesofa said:

Surely they all do?

Having said that, a few years ago I had a problem at Udon, as I was going to be away from home for one particular report date. They received my mail, but didn't bother to process it.

Not all offices will process mail reports for some bizarre reason. But, IMO, if you send the report by mail, and it’s received by the office concerned, you’ve complied with the law.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Not all offices will process mail reports for some bizarre reason. But, IMO, if you send the report by mail, and it’s received by the office concerned, you’ve complied with the law.

Very true. It's just if it goes wrong it can be pain to sort out.

In my case at Udon immigration perhaps six years ago, I mailed it to them by EMS and received nothing back.

A few weeks later I had to go into immigration for something else.

I went to the 90 day desk, where the girl there initially claimed I was late and there was a fine. I proceeded to tell her I'd mailed the report in time. Her response, without even checking anything, was just to say they hadn't received it.

I showed her a copy of the EMS slip and the date it was delivered to immigration. She refused to accept that, saying she would need to know who signed for it, telling me it required visiting to the post office in town. (This was when Udon immigration were based at the airport for a year.)

Fortunately, my wife was with me. She called the post office, giving them the tracking number. They told her over the phone who had signed for it. Went back up to the 90 day desk five minutes later and told the girl the name of the recipient. She point at another female in the office, blaming her. Only then did she process my now-late 90 day report, giving me 90 days from the current day.