Yingluck gets ready to make her move

rooster59

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Are you for ensuring the old elite (of which the leadership of the armed forces is very much a part) is excluded from any future dealings?

One step at a time, Thailand is not mature enough handle too big of a change all at once. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I think a better way to put it is that those countries do not recognize the validity of the charges against her by the Junta, and the Junta has wisely not pushed the matter or it would lose tremendous face when they were rebuffed.

No civilized country in the world would ever extradite Yingluck back to the coup-makers.

I will be quite interested to hear what she has to say as there is a huge spectrum of possibilities that could occur; she could make a few polite noises and get on with her life all the way to a full-throated denunciation of the Junta as treasonous criminals and everything in between. 

I am not really sure what I think would be best (more thought needed). I think there will definitely be some comments on the need to return to Democracy, on the need for the military to go back to the barracks, and for the need of civil liberties to return to Thailand. Beyond that, I am unsure how far she should go.

Interesting times...

You’re joking right ? Red shirts (the poor) have the majority vote and have for a long time. Democracy will never work in Thailand until the elites (Bangkok hi-so) have their own government. Until that happens, the west will continue to get into Thailand’s business pushing their own agenda on Thailand thinking democracy will fix everything.  This is not the West. 

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

There are 1600 Generals in Thailand's army. There are also the equivilant in the Air force and Navy. Just what are they for? It's commonly thought that Thailand couldn't fight their way out of a plastic bag,,,, so just what are they for? To stop any future uprising!?

To keep the status-quo. Fear factor!

You need them to keep up the great educational work that makes the country so unique !!

http://www.en.moe.go.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2262:lieutenant-general-surachet-chaiwong-deputy-minister-of-education-ministry-of-education-thailand&catid=1:news&Itemid=42

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“This is an attempt to signal to her supporters that it’s time to create disturbances at a time when the government’s popularity is on the decline,” Somchai said.

Aha! So they KNOW that they ARE getting unpopular!

This public admission of the blindingly obvious will not sit well with Papa.

1 minute ago, lovelomsak said:

I read the article a few times. I did not get the feeling she is getting ready to make her move. I got the feeling she is out of politics and wants to get on with her life. Doing what she enjoys travel and shopping.

She can't get back in politics anyway she has been banned. No need to please her brother anymore he needs to find an other puppet.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

She can't get back in politics anyway she has been banned. No need to please her brother anymore he needs to find an other puppet.

So this whole thread is a waste of time and energy talking about something that cannot happen. Thai Visa at its best.

1 minute ago, lovelomsak said:

So this whole thread is a waste of time and energy talking about something that cannot happen. Thai Visa at its best.

She can still try to cause embarrassment to the junta or something like that.. just can't be elected anymore. How did you think she could do anything while on the run ?

11 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

So the fact that she cannot be re-elected is the fault of ThaiVisa?

11 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

This looks like the authority is setting up the scene to link her with the current demonstration. Timing of this report is highly suspicious and the new Nation owners may have much influence. Just my 2 cents opinion. 

Been out of the loop - who owns the Nation now? I was most unimpressed by the story they ran extolling the Great Hunter on the day after his arrest.

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

She can still try to cause embarrassment to the junta or something like that.. just can't be elected anymore. How did you think she could do anything while on the run ?

I did not say she could do any thing read what I posted please and talk about the post not what you can make up.

I said I did not get the feeling she was ready to make her  move,I felt she was out of politics.  How did you translate that to

How did you think she could do anything while on the run ?

You really do like to arque do you not and just to arque make them up as you go.

Edited by lovelomsak

24 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So the fact that she cannot be re-elected is the fault of ThaiVisa?

No this thread is Thai Visa thread about some thing that cannot even happen boy there are some real thick folk here.I must be one of them I keep replying.

16 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Been out of the loop - who owns the Nation now? I was most unimpressed by the story they ran extolling the Great Hunter on the day after his arrest.

NATION MULTIMEDIA TAKEN OVER BY FAR-RIGHT NEWS CORP

22 Jan ‘18. Not sure I can link in this forum. Yong founder brothers quit Nation. Not sure coerce or personal reasons. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

More of a racial/cultural/language divide IMHO

Reds (aka Lao people) Vs Yellows (aka Siam people)

If I may quote .....

"Speakers of Lao in the North and Northeast have seen the prime minister they elected into office dismissed by the courts twice, overthrown in a coup twice, and election results nullified twice. Such antics, if continued, could provoke resistance and rebellion along age-old and not-completely-forgotten ethnic lines."

https://isaanrecord.com/2015/09/02/guest-editorial-thai-has-the-highest-percentage-of-second-language-speakers-among-major-languages/

Nice find and very interesting article. Thanks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a lot of bluster and spin from a hugely biased source; junta , albeit fools, are not quite so stupid to get her back here

What if she publicly hand herself over. If the junta refuse her to enter the country they loose if they allow her back in to go jail they loose. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

If the junta can white wash general Rolex, she can get back into politics. It is just a question of who is in power and how much power they have. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

What if she publicly hand herself over. If the junta refuse her to enter the country they loose if they allow her back in to go jail they loose. 

That is what she should have done rather than flee, and would have done if she were a greater person like some of her sisters in neighbouring countries. It would certainly make things very interesting, but the character hasn't changed and I very much doubt she's found her courage in London or wherever else. Pity.

1 hour ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Stupid statement, Thai born have automatic entry into Thailand. 

I am no major fan of the junta, but, hmmmm...... a Thailand that is once again controlled or manipulated by Thaksin (who has a record of major corruption and human rights violations).......would some of you really want that again ?!