Shirtless Falange in Restaurants

Johnboxer

In most countries in Europe you cannot eat inside or outside with your shirt removed, why is this allowed in Thailand ?

on my complex in Pattaya we have a Frenchman who runs the swimming pool and restaurant , he sits there in the restaurant all day shirtless as do many customers( mostly French) if this was France it would not be allowed, so why do they do it !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I wouldn't mind as one day I had the pleasure of watching a Falang carry his dog into a restaurant in a plastic box (this was in a Tesco complex )

So being just 3mtrs from him I had the opportunity of watching him fluff up the cushion so the dog could be comfortable & bark whilst waiting for its food

The Thai staff did nothing

• Sad 2

If it was France then as a male you would have to wear very tight fitting speedos at the swimming pool....

Now if he is sitting in an enclosed restaurant area with a/c etc then you'd have the right to moan and get people agree with you but I sense he isn't?

Enjoy your time in Thailand 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure dress codes are relaxed at many seaside resort towns around the world. People on winter holiday want to enjoy the sun as much as possible before returning home. The daytime high temperature in Paris is below freezing right now.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

When I read the title of thread, I though it was about Lebanese militias.  After reading the full content, I have to confess to OP I eat at home with no shirt on, which is inside, and according to his anti- au naturel rules, verbotten.  OP should go read the thread on Nazi memorabilia and lighten up a bit!  Meanwhile in Japan, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japan-naked-restaurant-to-ban-customers-for-being-overweight-elderly-or-tattooed-a7078176.html

Edited by norrska
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm pretty sure dress codes are relaxed at many seaside resort towns around the world. People on winter holiday want to enjoy the sun as much as possible before returning home. The daytime high temperature in Paris is below freezing right now.

That's a fair point.  You don't see a lot of shirtless Frenchman in speedos in Chiang Mai.

• Haha 1

I too don't like to see shirtless people anywhere other than inside their own home or at the beach or swimming pool. Saying that, I also see many shirtless Thais in restaurants, it isn't just farang.

What annoys me more is seeing people eating in restaurants wearing a hat. I'd bring back capital punishment for this offence! Whilst I'm at it, the restaurant at Phoneix Golf and Country Club is usually full of Koreans wearing hats, if you'd committed that offence at my old club in the UK it would have cost you a round of drinks for everyone present. Yes I know Korea has a different culture to the west, but golf etiquette is worldwide.

Guess I'm old-fashioned, but good manners are important to me.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Shirtless in Pattaya?  Most guys have NO Shame in this town....fat slobs walking all over the place in their tiny speedos.....disgusting on all levels.....should be some law where you can shoot the dumb fuc*ks on the spot....IMHO....??

IMG_6554.JPG

Finally, a statement that makes good sense.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Well I wouldn't mind as one day I had the pleasure of watching a Falang carry his dog into a restaurant in a plastic box (this was in a Tesco complex )

So being just 3mtrs from him I had the opportunity of watching him fluff up the cushion so the dog could be comfortable & bark whilst waiting for its food

The Thai staff did nothing

Thais don't complain. They know it does no good at all and they don't get paid enough for the hassles it would bring. They are a resigned nation and that's why corruption and exploitation reign supreme here. I can't blame them even though I can never resist the temptation to complain myself.

As for the French - well they are French - they couldn't give a rats arse about anything or anyone else as long as they do what they want - like smoking around the pool in front of no smoking signs, chatting in their groups with no idea about people around them, not saying hello etc.

18 hours ago, Johnboxer said:

In most countries in Europe you cannot eat inside or outside with your shirt removed, why is this allowed in Thailand ?

on my complex in Pattaya we have a Frenchman who runs the swimming pool and restaurant , he sits there in the restaurant all day shirtless as do many customers( mostly French) if this was France it would not be allowed, so why do they do it !!!!!

Have you ever wondered why a dog licks its balls?

Even French ones?

19 hours ago, HooHaa said:

dear john,

You have traveled long and far to be in thailand.

Why on gods green earth would you want everything here to be the same as there?

Are you so fragile, that you cant comprehend why people would be shirtless at a pool restaurant?

perhaps thailand is not for you, you seem to yearn for the motherland.

Nothing wrong with being shirtless at a pool, but to walk around the streets and shopping malls shirtless is just being ignorant and showing no respect for this country, how often do you see Thais doing this?

• Like 2