Arsenal

MiG16

Well, I suppose the honourable thing to do for us tribal warfare artists is to support all EPL teams in the Championes League.

So to be fair, I'm looking for a minimum of a draw for Arsenal in Turkey.

No its not. I can assure you every Spurs supporter hopes Chelsea get knocked out in the groups and Arsenal don't even qualify.

Our best wishes go to City and Liverhampton.

Up to you matey. Rumour has it, Mourinho's bringing back Jimmy Greaves for the Leicester game and is hoping he can do something against Barca and Bayern.

Probably going to use Cesc at some point as well I would have thought.

Jimmy Greaves was a Bill Nich Tottenham man sonny, get over it. All his transfer took was a simple phone call from the great man and Greavies' bags were packed

Known team news for Everton match.

Arteta out after Besiktas injury (so only one injured then - relatively ok given the intensity of that match)

Not all the three Germans will start - goes without saying that Pod would bench-it anyway. Hope Per is back so that Chambers can be tried out at DMF - that may well be his future if Wenger can't secure a good buy quickly - he seems to have the football brain for it and we need 3 tall guys working well together on that set piece weakness.

---------------------------

Can't believe Ozil will be ready for 90 minutes - spent far too much time celebrity playboying for my liking - have a bad feeling how he might get distracted.

Would like to see Ox start in favour of Santi. I like Santi but we need a bit more directness until Giroud gets his head back in gear.

Sczesney

Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal

Chambers or Flamini

Sanchez, Ramsey, Ox, Campbell or Ozil

Giroud

... possibly.

Time to start clicking lads!

---------------------------

Wenger hasn't talked Theo for several weeks. I assume a month or two away yet (Xmas?). Sanchez on the left wing and Theo on the right would be a big pace attack uplift.

Can't believe Ozil will be ready for 90 minutes - spent far too much time celebrity playboying for my liking - have a bad feeling how he might get distracted.

Get real Santi you've seen a couple of press reports about him being in Vegas on a well earned holiday and that's it.

Do you even know what date he returned to the UK?

blink.png

Get real Santi you've seen a couple of press reports about him being in Vegas on a well earned holiday and that's it.

blink.png

bet the Evertonian midfield are hoping Ozil plays. They'll just lump him and he'll spend the next eighty-five minutes crying on the touchline, the delicate wall flower. biggrin.png

blink.png

bet the Evertonian midfield are hoping Ozil plays. They'll just lump him and he'll spend the next eighty-five minutes crying on the touchline, the delicate wall flower. biggrin.png

I bet they aren't.

But I am glad Barkley's not playing.

Dreadful start - 2 nil down and not in the game at all.

2 back in the last 10 minutes. Didn't see that coming. Important morale salvage in face of another tough ish mid-week CL game.

Worrying how poor many Arsenal players were. I wanted the directness of Ox and Sanchez, but they were ineffective - back to the buzzy Cazorla and a strong performance from Giroud to rescue it. DMF and striker still very much needed.

Dreadful start - 2 nil down and not in the game at all.

2 back in the last 10 minutes. Didn't see that coming. Important morale salvage in face of another tough ish mid-week CL game.

Worrying how poor many Arsenal players were. I wanted the directness of Ox and Sanchez, but they were ineffective - back to the buzzy Cazorla and a strong performance from Giroud to rescue it. DMF and striker still very much needed.

A strange decision to expect a offensive midfielder like Sanchez to play as a lone striker. Did Wenger think they were just going to walk through Everton of all teams?

And not only an offside second goal, but some ridiculous fouls and cards dished out by Kevin "Everton's" Friend and his inept team.

It was a massive effort to pull that back to all square, and my Toffee colleague was the one dispirited at the final whistle.

You're right about a few players looking distracted - that midweek game hangs heavy on the heads methinks.

And you're right about a striker - we didn't really need a defensive midfielder in that game because we were let down by a set piece (again) and poor refereeing.

2, 90th minute goals away from having 1 point from the 2 opening games.

Apparently Wenger reckons Sanchez is not ready for the Premier League yet

he's obviously not. but he's too good to not have an impact this season. took pires a year. feel like every team is starting a bit slow this season. post-world cup thing perhaps.

• Like 1

2, 90th minute goals away from having 1 point from the 2 opening games.

Apparently Wenger reckons Sanchez is not ready for the Premier League yet

he's obviously not. but he's too good to not have an impact this season. took pires a year. feel like every team is starting a bit slow this season. post-world cup thing perhaps.

Pardon?

Who are you trying to kid?

2 wins, 2 goals in 2 games for new boy Costa, goal diff +4.

Low score draw with City on Monday night and I'll be laughing.

Edited by P45Mustang

blink.png

I bet they aren't.

But I am glad Barkley's not playing.

Told you they'd be glad he was playing. He really has been worked out as a right softy but carry on convincing yourself otherwise. biggrin.png

And your german center back was all over the place trying to control Lukaku.

Told you they'd be glad he was playing. He really has been worked out as a right softy but carry on convincing yourself otherwise. biggrin.png

Baines should of gone down and had the Pen = game over. Four yellow cards awarded to the Arse team; tells a story in it self. Lucky gooners, very very lucky.

Edited by iancnx

Baines should of gone down and had the Pen = game over. Four yellow cards awarded to the Arse team; tells a story in it self. Lucky gooners, very very lucky.

Strange how it always Arsenal who are let down by dodgy refs. Serial whinersrolleyes.gif

this is gonna be Girouds season to shine, class act. worrying part 4 the gunners is you look pretty toothless without him .sanchez atm looks a winger and uve got other options as good ,IMO maybe better and w t f is it with wenger and refusing to buy or use muscle in midfld?. still t o be so pisspoor and then come bac and grab a point, good sign.

One thing I will say is I was pleased Wenger didn't wait until the 70th minute until he changed things around.

But I think it's clear we are playing with only one recognised centre forward and Sanogo is not a 20+ a season alternative.

One can only hope Wenger has some irons in the fire before the deadline.

Is the Arsenal game against Besiktas being shown on Thai Free To Air TV? I only have 365Sport and they would normally show an important game like this (they showed the first leg) unless it is being shown elsewhere - often on the FTA channels. Thanks for your help.

Giroud may have broken his ankle per BBC.

Have to say som nam mar to our manager. Fans have been sweating on the striker position for at least 12 months with the obvious question "what happens if Giroud gets done". One week later and this could have been a total disaster. Clubs like Man U with a spare bod up front can look forward to a tastier price than they might have expected! Gonna have to pay 20 - 30 for a 15m pound striker by the looks; so much for parsimony and waiting for end of (transfer) season clearance prices.

Still only a maybe, so let's wait and see.

Edit: Chic an I posted within 20 secs of each other on this!

Edited by SantiSuk

Giroud may have broken his ankle per BBC.

Have to say som nam mar to our manager. Fans have been sweating on the striker position for at least 12 months with the obvious question "what happens if Giroud gets done". One week later and this could have been a total disaster. Clubs like Man U with a spare bod up front can look forward to a tastier price than they might have expected! Gonna have to pay 20 - 30 for a 15m pound striker by the looks; so much for parsimony and waiting for end of (transfer) season clearance prices.

Still only a maybe, so let's wait and see.

Edit: Chic an I posted within 20 secs of each other on this!

Injury bugaboo starts early for the Gunners. Who's on the radar ? Last minute snatch of Eto'o ? Welbeck ? Falcao ?! Cavani ?! Lavezzi ? (He's as much a winger as a striker though-not really what Arsenal need).

Jackson Martinez ? Remy ?

Edited by jellydog