Arsenal

MiG16

^ Add Bony to that listwink.png

I thought about Bony but figured with their fast start Swansea might be holding on to him. But then again...maybe not for the right price.thumbsup.gif

They bought Gomis mate, expecting to sell Bony as they will rarely play both up front. A decent offer and Bony will go.

^ Add Bony to that listwink.png

I thought about Bony but figured with their fast start Swansea might be holding on to him. But then again...maybe not for the right price.thumbsup.gif

They bought Gomis mate, expecting to sell Bony as they will rarely play both up front. A decent offer and Bony will go.

Ah, well I expect a few clubs will be in that market then.

Apart from E't'o' and Welbeck the others are mere press speculation as to availability. Obviously Cavani would set the team alight, but no chance for any money, and probably never was. Journos only got so far as speculating that PSG would let him go for big money if and only if they got di Maria. Now he's gone/going to Man U (for 10m too much) even that flicker of a rumour is consigned to the bin.

Would have a personal preference for the big Chelsea man of all those names - followed by Bony, Welbeck and Remy.

I do wish that Podolski could step up to the central role with more authority. Very effective at drifting in (from the subs bench at minute 55+ and from outside the box on the left); he's strong enough no doubt about that but he's not quick witted, not a great header of the ball and never seems to have learnt target man skills. Pity.

With the benefit of hindsight Wenger should have bought Dzeko this time last year (but everyone's a great tactician a year latersmile.png )

Edit: even 2-metre Peter would meet our needs better than Remy and Welbeck IMO. Most Arsenal fans would think I'm crackers, but he's still got the front man knack IMO and could be more effective than at Stoke and and Spurs when surrounded by one of the best attacking midfields.

Edited by SantiSuk

Apart from E't'o' and Welbeck the others are mere press speculation as to availability. Obviously Cavani would set the team alight, but no chance for any money, and probably never was. Journos only got so far as speculating that PSG would let him go for big money if and only if they got di Maria. Now he's gone/going to Man U (for 10m too much) even that flicker of a rumour is consigned to the bin.

Would have a personal preference for the big Chelsea man of all those names - followed by Bony, Welbeck and Remy.

I do wish that Podolski could step up to the central role with more authority. Very effective at drifting in (from the subs bench at minute 55+ and from outside the box on the left); he's strong enough no doubt about that but he's not quick witted, not a great header of the ball and never seems to have learnt target man skills. Pity.

With the benefit of hindsight Wenger should have bought Dzeko this time last year (but everyone's a great tactician a year latersmile.png )

Edit: even 2-metre Peter would meet our needs better than Remy and Welbeck IMO. Most Arsenal fans would think I'm crackers, but he's still got the front man knack IMO and could be more effective than at Stoke and and Spurs when surrounded by one of the best attacking midfields.

What club was it you "supported" before you decided Arsenal was fashionable?

Peter Crouch?

Have you lost your mind or taken some really good pharmaceuticals?

blink.png

• Like 2

smile.png Yep - not surprised by that reaction Chic!

I'm not as shallow as you seem to think though when it comes to choice of team to support. You think that the Arsenal style of football is just a passing fashion then?

Give us the benefit of your thinking about the striker role then, not just the put-downers, otherwise some newbie like me is always going to be stepping into the breach and irritating your old hands.

Peter Crouch?

blink.png

I'd love to see 3meterPeter leading the Arsenal line. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, stop bickering you two!!biggrin.png

smile.png Yep - not surprised by that reaction Chic!

I'm not as shallow as you seem to think though when it comes to choice of team to support. You think that the Arsenal style of football is just a passing fashion then?

Give us the benefit of your thinking about the striker role then, not just the put-downers, otherwise some newbie like me is always going to be stepping into the breach and irritating your old hands.

We need a decent striker Santi.

If you think Crouch is a decent striker there's no hope for you.

Peter Crouch?

blink.png

I'd love to see 3meterPeter leading the Arsenal line. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, stop bickering you two!!biggrin.png

still one of my favourite footballer interviews.

Q. "what do you think you would be if you weren't a professional footballer peter?"

A. "a virgin".

• Like 2

Well this seems everyone's guess for the team tonight. Make no mistake we have our work cut out against a Besiktas side ably managed by Slaven Bilic, and they will have their tails up.

One goal from them and we're out I think.

Unless "Wake me up before" Sanogo actually ups his game.

Arsenal: Szczęsny, Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Santi Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sánchez, Wilshere, Özil, Sanogo.

TBH I would actually prefer to play a 4-4-2 in this game with Sanchez and Oxtail-Chamberpot as the front two.

Do you think your lot will sign a striker before Monday? Bony M perhaps?

We've needed one for a year but Wenger is very stubborn when it comes to protecting his young players.

But with Giroud out he must know he needs an experienced, quality CF to replace him.

Mustn't he?

Please?

Pretty please?!

biggrin.png

• Like 1

No idea how this is going to pan out but missing our top two goalscorers.....

Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Ox, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Coquelin, Rosicky, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo

Ho hum.

17 in a row.

Well done Mr. Wenger.

And as for that ref, give me strength, was he trying to set some sort of record?

Downside: Late night kick offs on school nights, but still, I can always go out on Thursdays to laugh at the totts.

clap2.gif

Ho hum.

17 in a row.

Well done Mr. Wenger.

And as for that ref, give me strength, was he trying to set some sort of record?

Downside: Late night kick offs on school nights, but still, I can always go out on Thursdays to laugh at the totts.

clap2.gif

Scrapped through gratis of poor refereeing. Bet Wenger wasn't whining about the nailed on penalty that should have been awarded against you.

caught the last 35 mins of last nights game, great entertainment and a great atmosphere. as 4 a.c/f i reckon.arsen will go with whaT he's got podolski looked sharp at the end of last season campbell needs games as does your big young centre forward. think arsen will look at girouds injury as an opp to blood the yoof, and rightly so. and the plus for us all is it.might bac fire !!!!!.....LOL

caught the last 35 mins of last nights game, great entertainment and a great atmosphere. as 4 a.c/f i reckon.arsen will go with whaT he's got podolski looked sharp at the end of last season campbell needs games as does your big young centre forward. think arsen will look at girouds injury as an opp to blood the yoof, and rightly so. and the plus for us all is it.might bac fire !!!!!.....LOL

So it wasn't played at the Emirates then whistling.gif

Ho hum.

17 in a row.

Well done Mr. Wenger.

clap2.gif

Scrapped through gratis of poor refereeing. Bet Wenger wasn't whining about the nailed on penalty that should have been awarded against you.

Ah poor carmine, the green eyed monster strikes again :)

Forever in our shadow.

:)

We've needed one for a year but Wenger is very stubborn when it comes to protecting his young players.

But with Giroud out he must know he needs an experienced, quality CF to replace him.

Mustn't he?

Please?

Pretty please?!

biggrin.png

If i had answer yesterday I would have said you'd really think so, but I'm reading Wenger is saying you won't be rushing in to buying a striker, good news biggrin.png

Ho hum.

17 in a row.

Well done Mr. Wenger.

clap2.gif

And never won one of them, oh I forgot, you don't win European trophys do ya biggrin.png

Mustn't he?

Please?

Pretty please?!

biggrin.png

If i had answer yesterday I would have said you'd really think so, but I'm reading Wenger is saying you won't be rushing in to buying a striker, good news biggrin.png

I would be stunned if he didn't to be honest. He has the money. It's almost certainly his last contract. And I don't care what faith he puts in the youngsters, last season proved that we don't score enough goals even with Giroud fit most of the time.

But then again, he's full of surprises and rarely tells the press what he's up to.

• Like 1

Cracking atmosphere considering the nerves.

I would imagine it will be considerably quieter up the road when the mighty.... er.... AEK.... AEL...... I can't remember, help me out someone.

tongue.png

I would imagine it will be considerably quieter up the road when the mighty.... er.... AEK.... AEL...... I can't remember, help me out someone.

tongue.png

PegSellers FC

tongue.png

Theres probably more atmosphere at our Enfield training facility than there is at the Emirates library

At home to Soton in the Worthless Cup.

Five all-premiership ties too.

Full third-round draw:

Chelsea v Bolton

Arsenal v Southampton

West Brom v Hull

Crystal Palace v Newcastle

Leyton Orient v Sheffield United

Cardiff v Bournemouth

Sunderland v Stoke

Derby v Reading

Liverpool v Middlesbrough