Arsenal

MiG16

Think he is reeling from the LVG fiasco having heaped so much man-love on him (you missed a sickening long-running episodetongue.png).

Radio 4 news is confirming that Wenger says he will not buy a late panic forward. Let's hope it's just a bare-faced lie (or misreporting). I'm lost for words if he thinks he can run with Pod/Sanogo/Sanchez as his front men options, W T F was that 100m to spend all about? (I make net spend less than 40m).

Was mighty relieved to see the Kos/Mertesacker pairing return. They kept a very competent Besiktas defence/midfield from supplying damage up front.

Should have scored 2 or maybe even 3 given all the half-chances for Sanchez and Ox. However, if they had been given one of those two potential pens things might have been a lot different.

Jack is back! Good performances from Ox and Sanchez too.

Carms has obviously not seen the game. I'll save you the effort Carmine - yes Ozil was an ineffective pansy and should have been substituted much earlier. He's gonna have to get a grip or the fans will turn on him.

Flamini? Comedy defending at times - so far away from the ball when he does those lie-down sliding tackles; he's a red card waiting to happen when he takes the pitch.

Great to be still in the competition. Very well played Besiktas - that team should surely win the Turkish League this time around. Thought that tall black DMF (/BTB?), Hutchison looked really tasty - I wonder of Wenger took note.

Flamini? Comedy defending at times - so far away from the ball when he does those lie-down sliding tackles; he's a red card waiting to happen when he takes the pitch.

That's the first game he hasn't been booked in for forty years or something.

w00t.gif

• Like 1

At home to Soton in the Worthless Cup.

Five all-premiership ties too.

Full third-round draw:

Chelsea v Bolton

Arsenal v Southampton

West Brom v Hull

Crystal Palace v Newcastle

Leyton Orient v Sheffield United

Cardiff v Bournemouth

Sunderland v Stoke

Derby v Reading

Liverpool v Middlesbrough

MK Dons v Bradford

Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday

Burton Albion v Brighton

Swansea v Everton

Shrewsbury v Norwich

Fulham v Doncaster

Tottenham v Nottingham Forest

Toughie for MK Dons this round!

• Like 2

Full third-round draw:

Chelsea v Bolton

Arsenal v Southampton

West Brom v Hull

Cardiff v Bournemouth

Sunderland v Stoke

Derby v Reading

MK Dons v Bradford

Burton Albion v Brighton

Swansea v Everton

Shrewsbury v Norwich

Fulham v Doncaster

It'll be good to finally catch sight of Ospinas in goal and see how some of the kids are coming on. Come on Arsene - give the manager job to Steve Bould (but perhaps that's seen by the FA as taking the pi$$?)

Full third-round draw:

Chelsea v Bolton

Arsenal v Southampton

West Brom v Hull

Cardiff v Bournemouth

Sunderland v Stoke

Derby v Reading

MK Dons v Bradford

Burton Albion v Brighton

Swansea v Everton

Shrewsbury v Norwich

Fulham v Doncaster

It'll be good to finally catch sight of Ospinas in goal and see how some of the kids are coming on. Come on Arsene - give the manager job to Steve Bould (but perhaps that's seen by the FA as taking the pi$$?)

What are you on about now Santi?

Have now heard the Wenger interview.

It's misreporting. He said "at the moment we are not buying a replacement striker" or very similar! You'd think the journos would be alive to his tricky word plays by now.

any arsenal fan want to try explaining sanogo then? wenger is very puzzling at times.

As a long term prospect and a 4th choice striker, I might understand it, but right at this point he is the only one we've got. Pitiful.

There needs to be some serious striker spending today, or we are essentially going to be playing the the first half of the season with one hand tied behind our back.

I think Wenger's success in converting Henry from a winger to a striker is somewhat embedded in his brain, and he can't let it go.

None of the attacking midfielders he's bought look anything like an out and out striker to me.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

any arsenal fan want to try explaining sanogo then? wenger is very puzzling at times.

As a long term prospect and a 4th choice striker, I might understand it, but right at this point he is the only one we've got. Pitiful.

There needs to be some serious striker spending today, or we are essentially going to be playing the the first half of the season with one hand tied behind our back.

I think Wenger's success in converting Henry from a winger to a striker is somewhat embedded in his brain, and he can't let it go.

None of the attacking midfielders he's bought look anything like an out and out striker to me.

Absolutely Stevie and Chic. Spent most of the match in a bit of a rage thinking this is precisely why this manager is never going to recover his reputation as one of the great Premier League managers. Today is last chance, Arsene. Two points thrown away. Leicester are a tidy side but the three other main contenders will pick up all points there.

Needed a nice meal in a Cork restaurant to recover my disposition.

I think its the granddaddy Wenger looking after his players/grand kids. He likes to water the flowers and watch them grow (or not). Works in that he has a great CL qualification record dating back forever, but not otherwise. He seems to have a tough time buying into the "future is now" concept.

Maybe he'll score Falcao and prove me wrong.

I think its the granddaddy Wenger looking after his players/grand kids. He likes to water the flowers and watch them grow (or not). Works in that he has a great CL qualification record dating back forever, but not otherwise. He seems to have a tough time buying into the "future is now" concept.

Maybe he'll score Falcao and prove me wrong.

Signing Falcao........Now that would be a coup!

Mind you, Ozil's never ending lack of form must be worrying you all.....Herr Ozil's been about as high profile as Lord Lucan.thumbsup.gif

Say what you like about him but he's always available for a pass and rarely gives it away.

The problem is that we have too many players doing that and not enough actually having a crack on goal.

70% possession in the second half and nary a shot to show for it.

And Ramsey, lose the quiff, no wonder your header went astray. Get a proper haircut man!

biggrin.png

C'mon Leicester.

Finally we agree about something!
As long as you are Carmine's ' Yes Man', we won't agree on much.

You are joining my ignore list of one. Goodbye.

Don't blame you. You'll be missing nothing, certainly nothing about football.

Centre half cover would be welcome, but he made a strange comment yesterday:

Arsene Wenger’s expression when dealing with a question involving a transfer can speak a lot about the club’s direction about a transfer.

He was asked after the match against Leicester City whether he was going to sign a striker.

His response which came with his trademark wry smile was

“I don’t know what happened two hours ago.”

C'mon Leicester.

Finally we agree about something!
As long as you are Carmine's ' Yes Man', we won't agree on much.

You are joining my ignore list of one. Goodbye.

I must be a bit Special then!

Shame your boss carmine can't ignore Ozil, Harry and Mourinho.

Give it a rest.