Arsenal

MiG16

Ha

I've gotten so used to watching us play on boxing day.

No shortage of chocolates by the way. Although I heard someone complain about no dairy milk. Nope. I didn't buy up all the supply.

Anyhow leading 1:0 at the moment.

If u think what jamesy says here is bi@@hy you should see what he says in the ladies forum :whistling:

Dammit, dammit. We are back to the old dominate but drop points Arsenal. vP must have gone off the boil and will probably miss his record now.

Happily I couldn't find the game on TV in Pudsey pubs and had to content myself with 2 pints of Rudolph's Red Nose (very nice) and Sheffield United v Notts County (very dire). Might go and try some more Rudolph tonight since the canaries v cockerel game is showing.

Dammit, dammit. We are back to the old dominate but drop points Arsenal. vP must have gone off the boil and will probably miss his record now.

Happily I couldn't find the game on TV in Pudsey pubs and had to content myself with 2 pints of Rudolph's Red Nose (very nice) and Sheffield United v Notts County (very dire). Might go and try some more Rudolph tonight since the canaries v cockerel game is showing.

Not bloody well on in this supposed 5* hotel in Saigon. I will burn it down if I can't find a free internet link.

Edited by smokie36

Hmmm - the top 3 are starting to break too far away for my liking. Not impossible for one of the three to suffer a fall from grace, but it looks more like it's going to be scruffy fight for fourth place through the winter months for Arsenal.

Hmmm - the top 3 are starting to break too far away for my liking. Not impossible for one of the three to suffer a fall from grace, but it looks more like it's going to be scruffy fight for fourth place through the winter months for Arsenal.

Its an all out scramble for Demba Ba. Chelski will offer $$$....the scousers will want a straight swap with Carroll(laugh.png ).....what can you offer? tongue.png

Its an all out scramble for Demba Ba. Chelski will offer $$$....the scousers will want a straight swap with Carroll(laugh.png ).....what can you offer? tongue.png

How about a 34 year old former world class forward for a couple of months. Very strange move to take Thierry Henri back for a 2 month loan, but clearly just designed to cover Gervinho, who departs for the Africa Cup. Can't see him making much impact in the EPL.

I'm still hopeful this will be a side issue to another good quality forward to repalce Chamkh, our woefully underperforming back-up to RvP.

Doesn't Ba go back to Africa for a couple of months shortly too?

Edited by SantiSuk

With two Toures, Gervinho, Drogba, Kalou and Tiote to call on the Ivory Coast team should be quite a strong one this time around.

In addition to Gervinho, the Gunners lose Alex Song (Cameroons)from the first team. Big loss in my book.

What about you other top 6 wallahs - obviously Kolo Toure is a big loss to City.

With two Toures, Gervinho, Drogba, Kalou and Tiote to call on the Ivory Coast team should be quite a strong one this time around.

In addition to Gervinho, the Gunners lose Alex Song (Cameroons)from the first team. Big loss in my book.

What about you other top 6 wallahs - obviously Kolo Toure is a big loss to City.

We're OK. Monkey boy was raised from a test tube near Aberystwyth. biggrin.png

chocolates maybe on offer for the celebration...but dont get me started on chocolates as that will result in another thread with me ranting on non stop tongue.gif

Which London team is highest placed in the premier league at the start of 2012?????

chocolates maybe on offer for the celebration...but dont get me started on chocolates as that will result in another thread with me ranting on non stop tongue.gif

Which London team is highest placed in the premier league at the start of 2012?????

Asking questions like that Steve usually makes this thread more quiet than a saturday afternoon at the Emirates 15.gif

Asking questions like that Steve usually makes this thread more quiet than a saturday afternoon at the Emirates 15.gif

Well it doesn't happen very often (top of the tree) so I thought that I would remind the rest of the world.

Interesting choice of moniker by the wayclap2.gif. Dear old dishevilled "wee" Alfie!!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Well it doesn't happen very often (top of the tree) so I thought that I would remind the rest of the world.

Interesting choice of moniker by the wayclap2.gif. Dear old dishevilled "wee" Alfie!!!!

39.gif

People who brag about their team's position on another team's thread show no class IMO. We'll let you off just this once since for once Spurs deserve to be ahead of Arsenal.

I'm amazed the difference is now as small as it is - 5 games ago I would have bitten my hand off to be within 2 points (accepting there is a game in Spurs favour) of third spot. 10 games ago I would have bitten my arm off.

Injuries and strategies toward the other competitions are going to have a big part to play in the second half of the season.

Absolutely dreadful performance Arsenal.

It was the first holidays game I have been able to find in the pubs around here. I arrived just as Koscielny scored and for 10 minutes thereafter we looked like a top class side. Thereafter, we were totally Bolton/Wigan.

Fulham are the new Stoke and I would have been happy with a point at the outset. In the event anything more than 0 points would have been highway robbery. I am incensed by the pathetic failure of our midfied (was Ramsay really playing?). No creativity, no pace, no passion. Wenger has a huge problem to maintain any kind of momentum after such an abject performance

Generally has been mildish for the time of year. No snow and no freeze. Very variable - occasional sunny days, some windy but mostly grey and drizzly. Today promises 'severe' gales, heavy rains and a plague of frogs. Can't wait to get back to Bangkok Sunday.

Yes - we need a few new players (and our defence back from injury - 3 A team Vermaelen, Sagna and Santos are out and 2 B team). As we all know Wenger had to patch up the side with mid table players in August (stubbornly persuading himself he could hang on to Fab and Nas) and now it's showing; Arteta doesn't quite do it for me and Benayoun was always going to be a peripatetic bench warmer. Mertesacker is ok (finally) and Gervinho was a good buy; Santos - not sure yet. Some of his other summer signings have sunk without trace.

If Walcott, vanP and Gervinho are all playing on song we frighten the proverbial out of opponents and don't need to worry too much about what's happening behind, otherwise we are top ten performers at best. I'm still of the opinion that Arsenal will not, under current management, be back to the team the fans aspire to (that includes the joke of a timid yes man that is his number 2). Defenders of Arsene can only look backwards several years to provide support to their loyalty, but it's in the DNA of Arsenal not to have an 'et tu Brute' moment.

It's all very well being feted as the most financially astute club so long as you can maintain momentum and support. I'm getting more and more convinced it's all going to fall apart over the next 3 months and the Henri move will be seen as the last straw clutch of a drowning man.

But hey, I'm just a Johnny-come-lately /climb-on-the-bandwagon champagne supporter. I'll bet it all looks different if you live up the Finchley Road!