Sorry But Crap Food Again

thaiflyer1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buriramboy Today, 2007-01-28 20:26:05 Post #33

it is tasteless bland food, and why anyone in Thailand would want to eat there is beyond me, with all the options you have in Thailand, both Thai and farang food, it truely amazes me why anyone ever goes through there doors here.

I have eaten at amazing ethnic and local restaurants of all types in San Francisco - one of the world's best restaurant towns - and all over the world for many years and love all kinds of food, but McDonalds still tastes fine on occasion.

However, you are welcome to your own opinion. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

i absolutely love thai food and eat it 3x a day. even snacks -although i sometimes crave potato chips.

when i go back to visit my parents i get cravings, so now i bring curries home with me.

i eat for b120 a day no problem. this is one of the major reasons i love thailand.

as for mexican its ez to make:

steak marinated in italian dressing and grill. mince meat use for filler in taco/burrito or slab w/ side salad

salsa: tomato, garlic, onion, fresh corriander, black pepper and lime juice

tortilla: go to indian shop and get chapati

chedder/jack cheese preferable

black beans or pinto are ez to find.

for me - nothing beats my evening walk thru the nightmarket or the tues/friday mkt for all sorts of new tasty goodies!

thailand has crap farang food becasue that is the eating taste/habit of locals -working stiffs. ive yet to meet a gormand in thailand, let alone pty!

i love food :-p

I ain't a food snob. I just miss real tasting Mexican food is all, and it is very hard to find even close in Thailand, thats the way it is.

I don't miss McD's because I stopped eating there when I was 19. Sorry, I do think it is crap and unhealthy, but to each his own. I do love a good handmade hamburger and fries though. Dick's Cafe in Jomtien, a gay joint, does this rather well for little money.

Well, I guess if I did miss McD's, no problem about that ...

Edited by Jingthing

Big Al .........you have put your self on the net so...............i was there again 12am no sign of you............i got the chicken/chips again....gone off the burgers.......chicken..no problem.

Maybe your night off again?

Chicken/Chips.....Wednesday..... 12 am?

I ain't a food snob. I just miss real tasting Mexican food is all, and it is very hard to find even close in Thailand, thats the way it is.

I don't miss McD's because I stopped eating there when I was 19. Sorry, I do think it is crap and unhealthy, but to each his own. I do love a good handmade hamburger and fries though. Dick's Cafe in Jomtien, a gay joint, does this rather well for little money.

Well, I guess if I did miss McD's, no problem about that ...

If you are in Chiang Mai, try out Miquel's California Cafe.

It is darn close to Mission Street in San Francisco! :o

i eat for b120 a day no problem. this is one of the major reasons i love thailand.

How can anyone eat for 120 a day? You must have an extremely basic diet. One decent Thai dish with rice averages at at least 80/90 baht at most decent restaurants.

I also love Thailand for it's good, cheap food, but 120 a day?????????

How can anyone eat for 120 a day? You must have an extremely basic diet. One decent Thai dish with rice averages at at least 80/90 baht at most decent restaurants.

I discovered MacDonalds when I had to live in North America for 10 long years. Macdonalds IS good, once a week.

I, too, would like to know where I can eat out, 3 square meals a day, for 120 baht.

Maybe in Pattaya, but there are Thai restaurants everywhere in Chiang Mai where a dish of Thai food with rice is 20-30 baht.

If you go to a Thai school or a University to eat, the price is about half! :o

Maybe in Pattaya, but there are Thai restaurants everywhere in Chiang Mai where a dish of Thai food with rice is 20-30 baht.

If you go to a Thai school or a University to eat, the price is about half! :o

When I eat Thai, I need at least 2 dishes to satisfy me. I eat at good mid-priced restaurants. My bill with my girl averages between 350 and 450 per meal.

That's one meal, then I need to stock my refrigerator with nice food for the rest of the day.

I'd like to know what any person living in Pattaya eats to "easily" run at 120 a day.

I discovered MacDonalds when I had to live in North America for 10 long years. Macdonalds IS good, once a week.

I, too, would like to know where I can eat out, 3 square meals a day, for 120 baht.

You could just about do that in Tesco Lotus food court.

On second road, jomtien. The thai food is the best in town

for the food courts around super markets. IMO

Give it a go.

:o

Give it a go.

Sorry, I'm not into food courts. I like to enjoy my meals in pleasant surroundings.

There's no way I'll be eating at food courts 3 times a day in an effort to bring my daily food bill into the 120 region. Are there farangs doing that in Pattaya?

i have just devoured chicken and chips again Al very good...............ordered the big Burritto everyting on...............hopefully it will be ok................never saw you again last night 6pm and 12am.............would you stand out from the crowd. :o

i have just devoured chicken and chips again Al very good...............ordered the big Burritto everyting on...............hopefully it will be ok................never saw you again last night 6pm and 12am.............would you stand out from the crowd. :o

I noticed a very large man (large macho, not large fat) sitting there a few nights ago. It must have been BigAl, and let me assure you he would stand out in a crowd.

Give it a go.

Sorry, I'm not into food courts. I like to enjoy my meals in pleasant surroundings.

There's no way I'll be eating at food courts 3 times a day in an effort to bring my daily food bill into the 120 region. Are there farangs doing that in Pattaya?

I’m sure some people do.

Especially the balloon spotters. :D

When in Thailand.... eat Mexican!

What would possess anyone to eat in a western-style franchised fast-food outlet with so many other delicious options available in LOS?

BTW, Mexican cuisine is generally bland and tasteless... I worked there for several months. The Tex-Mex variation is probably what most westerners are familiar with and that can be spectacularly good or devastatingly bad even in the US. I have a buddy in Chicago who would cherish the Houston visits and load up at Taco Cabana as the junk served up north was so poor. Has anyone eaten at the 'Mexican' restaurant at SFO airport? :o Another couple living in Fort Myers head straight for Fajita Flats when in Houston because the FL dross holds no comparison.

So if Mexico and most of the continental US has bad Mexican food, what hope for Pattaya?

Saying that Mexican food is "bland and tastless" is like saying that all Thai food is Hot and Spicey, it is not.Just because you lived and worked in an area of Mexico that has a type of food that is "bland and tasless"does not mean that the rest of Mexican food is the same.

This thread is about food so let us put it in the food forum.

They go in because the kids like, same as in the west.

adults don't realy eat MD, do they :D

Are you serious?

There are just as many adults as children in McDonalds every time I walk by one and you can be pretty sure that a whole lot of them claim to hate the place and to never go there.

I always remember, a few years ago, seeing a big mouth, psuedo-intellectual Brit who always claimed to detest the place skulking out the door with three BIG bags of take-away and a guilty look on his mug.

It may be "crap" food, but it tastes good, which might have something to with how popular they are ALL OVER THE WORLD with the masses! :o

They go in because the kids like, same as in the west.

adults don't realy eat MD, do they :D

Are you serious?

There are just as many adults as children in McDonalds every time I walk by one and you can be pretty sure that a whole lot of them claim to hate the place and to never go there.

I always remember, a few years ago, seeing a big mouth, psuedo-intellectual Brit who always claimed to detest the place skulking out the door with three BIG bags of take-away and a guilty look on his mug.

It may be "crap" food, but it tastes good, which might have something to with how popular they are ALL OVER THE WORLD with the masses! :o

I think they are called them parents.

No I try never to be serious, i leave that to the adults.

:D

Big Al .........you have put your self on the net so...............i was there again 12am no sign of you............i got the chicken/chips again....gone off the burgers.......chicken..no problem.

Maybe your night off again?

Chicken/Chips.....Wednesday..... 12 am?

Hi, Thaifyler. I'm there from around 5pm until 8 or 9pm

When in Thailand.... eat Mexican!

What would possess anyone to eat in a western-style franchised fast-food outlet with so many other delicious options available in LOS?

BTW, Mexican cuisine is generally bland and tasteless... I worked there for several months. The Tex-Mex variation is probably what most westerners are familiar with and that can be spectacularly good or devastatingly bad even in the US. I have a buddy in Chicago who would cherish the Houston visits and load up at Taco Cabana as the junk served up north was so poor. Has anyone eaten at the 'Mexican' restaurant at SFO airport? :o Another couple living in Fort Myers head straight for Fajita Flats when in Houston because the FL dross holds no comparison.

So if Mexico and most of the continental US has bad Mexican food, what hope for Pattaya?

Saying that Mexican food is "bland and tastless" is like saying that all Thai food is Hot and Spicey, it is not.Just because you lived and worked in an area of Mexico that has a type of food that is "bland and tasless"does not mean that the rest of Mexican food is the same.

This thread is about food so let us put it in the food forum.

for those of you who speed-read or otherwise chose to miss some words in my posts, here we go again. Mexican cuisine is GENERALLY bland and tasteless. Got it? Notice the UPPER CASE? and my Mexican work was in 3 geographicaly disparate locations... or should i put that in upper-case as well?

now wander over to the Wild Chicken on Soi Post Office and try some quesadillas... or any other of their Tex-Mex specialties. Loads of US servicemen on r&r, on rotation through Sattahip or U-tapao, etc. swear by it.

BIG AL has the best MEXICAN FOOD in TOWN... I LOVE IT!..... What are you guys talking about? It's the best I have had in THAILAND. BIG AL's has the true meaning of MEXICAN food and stlye. I give it a thumbs up!... great food.

Newly opened "Big Al's" corner of Soi Chaiyapoon and Bourkhao................gave it a try tonight...........

..............not impressed, but maybe thats just me........food bland..........i tried the Burritto's, Tacos and the chicken and chips.................only thing passable was the chicken.

Now i know there are a few posters who rave about " Big Al's" in other locations ............so give this location a shot..........maybe its just me with no sense of taste!...... :o