Dash cam footage key evidence in accident and fire that left two people burnt to death

webfact

Dash cam footage key evidence in accident and fire that left two people burnt to death

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath said that the importance of dash cam footage on the Thai roads was once again shown in an accident where a car hit the back of a taxi south west of Bangkok.

The footage - in the last few seconds of a long clip posted online - showed a car collide with the back of a cab. It then loses control and ends up on fire in the central reservation.

Both occupants were burnt to death.

The footage is likely to exonerate the taxi driver from blame, said Thai Rath, who noted that it was posted on YouLike (clip det) by "Sukhum Focus" who declined to say who it belonged to.

One of the deceased was Wan Khamnoi, 26 from Chiang Rai. Such was the effect of the fire that police could not say if that person had been driving or a passenger. The other person in the car has yet to be identified.

The accident happened on the Phutthasakhorn Road heading into Krathum Baen yesterday morning.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-02

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I saw a very dangerous market at the beginning of the movie...2 rows of cars parked on the road, motocy's driving against traffic going around those cars...don't they have any policeforce overthere? If so, than what were they doing?

• Like 1

Appalling driving, end of. How could the taxi driver be blamed for some moron driving into the back of their cab.

Bit harsh to replace the RIP with som nam na, but for the driver at least it is certainly apt

20 minutes ago, z42 said:

Appalling driving, end of. How could the taxi driver be blamed for some moron driving into the back of their cab.

Bit harsh to replace the RIP with som nam na, but for the driver at least it is certainly apt

Standard zig-zag idiot driving. Best I can say, zigged when he should have zagged.

No real sympathy from me. On the phone as well, maybe??

One can only hope that the two who died were killed instantly by the impact, not burnt to death trapped inside the vehicle. R.I.P

This is the sort of video that needs to be shown to all who apply/renew their driving licenses. Shock tactics. Then even if only one percent of people learn and adapt their 'driving style' it's been a success.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, Thian said:

I saw a very dangerous market at the beginning of the movie...2 rows of cars parked on the road, motocy's driving against traffic going around those cars...don't they have any policeforce overthere? If so, than what were they doing?

Are you kidding , this is everyday stuff, I wasn’t shocked by anything, Carnage everyday

Edited by Nice Boyd
  • Like 1

I was told about this today. "They go very fast". "They die". "Fire". They were husband and wife. I know this road. People used to fly down there before but they've made it wider in parts and now it's insane. The car with the dash cam is easily going 140 km+ at some stages. Complete and Utter Madness. 

I got my Thai Drivers License last week (I already have an Australian license) and part of the Thai process is to sit through a video explaining road rules etc and it showed about half a dozen absolutely massive accidents caught mostly from CCTV.

I come from a country where the road tole was just horrendous fourty years ago. Speed and drink driving were a way of life. The government tried shock tactics on like these kinds of videos on TV etc but nine of it really worked.

There is only one way to fix these kinds of problems on the roads here and that is comprehensive driver education and testing, and most of all, harsh penalties and the immediate imposition of those penalties on offenders. In Victoria I know somebody [emoji51]who was caught on a speed camera doing 68km/h in a 40khm/h zone. It was a Sunday afternoon and virtually no traffic. Nevertheless That person broke the law.

The penalty was around $400 AUD fine, 4 demerit points ( if they accumulate to 12 points over a period of three years it’s automatic loss of license for six months) The person also lost there license for one month and also copped a conviction placed on there driving record. The conviction was automatic (no court case).

The road toll has dropped to almost nothing these days as a result these kinds of penalties.

Singapore is a shinning example where if “you do the crime you do the time” you may not agree with there methods, but there is no doubt that a government and a police force who are in control of a country, and have big enough balls to enforce the law can make it work, but sadly Thailand has neither.

So here we sit in a country who has the second highest number of road deaths in the world per 100,000 of population second only to Libya according to the WHO. Motorbike deaths ? Guess who is number one !!!

My apologies for the rant but the mass stupidity on the roads here is just breathtaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

One can only hope that the two who died were killed instantly by the impact, not burnt to death trapped inside the vehicle. R.I.P

This is the sort of video that needs to be shown to all who apply/renew their driving licenses. Shock tactics. Then even if only one percent of people learn and adapt their 'driving style' it's been a success.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

dream on. gory RTA photos have been displayed at bus stations and at other public places since the 1990s, watch practically any news programme and it will show  carnage on the roads. there are also tv programmes that only show road/traffic accidents. it makes no difference. no, actually here is a difference, things have got worse as the county is now officially the most dangerous in the world. the people know it, they just dont care.

• Like 1

dream on. gory RTA photos have been displayed at bus stations and at other public places since the 1990s, watch practically any news programme and it will show  carnage on the roads. there are also tv programmes that only show road/traffic accidents. it makes no difference. no, actually here is a difference, things have got worse as the county is now officially the most dangerous in the world. the people know it, they just dont care.

“They just don’t care” nail on the head right there. When my wife’s family get in my car I make them all put a seat belt on. They hate me but I don’t give a shit. If my mother-in-law is sitting behind me and she isn’t restrained and I hit something hard enough then all 80kg of her ass is going to be plastering me to the dash board even though I have a seat belt on. To reinforce it I play crash test dummy videos from YouTube so they can see the results of there stupidity.

Hasn’t made any difference to them but at least the three year old doesn’t sit on the Centre console of my car like he does in there’s. !! Just retarded !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ozbanglamung said:

.... part of the Thai process is to sit through a video explaining road rules etc and it showed about half a dozen absolutely massive accidents caught mostly from CCTV.

i sat through that also.  with maybe 50-60 thais in the room, none of whom paid any attention to the videos.  talking on cellphone, playing video games, a few sleeping.  good training i suppose, as that is exactly what they will be doing behind the wheel.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Haha 2

I got my Thai Drivers License last week (I already have an Australian license) and part of the Thai process is to sit through a video explaining road rules etc and it showed about half a dozen absolutely massive accidents caught mostly from CCTV.

I come from a country where the road tole was just horrendous fourty years ago. Speed and drink driving were a way of life. The government tried shock tactics on like these kinds of videos on TV etc but nine of it really worked.

There is only one way to fix these kinds of problems on the roads here and that is comprehensive driver education and testing, and most of all, harsh penalties and the immediate imposition of those penalties on offenders. In Victoria I know somebody [emoji51]who was caught on a speed camera doing 68km/h in a 40khm/h zone. It was a Sunday afternoon and virtually no traffic. Nevertheless That person broke the law.

The penalty was around $400 AUD fine, 4 demerit points ( if they accumulate to 12 points over a period of three years it’s automatic loss of license for six months) The person also lost there license for one month and also copped a conviction placed on there driving record. The conviction was automatic (no court case).

The road toll has dropped to almost nothing these days as a result these kinds of penalties.

Singapore is a shinning example where if “you do the crime you do the time” you may not agree with there methods, but there is no doubt that a government and a police force who are in control of a country, and have big enough balls to enforce the law can make it work, but sadly Thailand has neither.

So here we sit in a country who has the second highest number of road deaths in the world per 100,000 of population second only to Libya according to the WHO. Motorbike deaths ? Guess who is number one !!!

My apologies for the rant but the mass stupidity on the roads here is just breathtaking.

Immediate confiscation of a vehicle is the only thing that would work here because it hurts them the most.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ozbanglamung said:

There is only one way to fix these kinds of problems on the roads here and that is comprehensive driver education and testing, and most of all, harsh penalties and the immediate imposition of those penalties on offenders. In Victoria I know somebody emoji51.pngwho was caught on a speed camera doing 68km/h in a 40khm/h zone. It was a Sunday afternoon and virtually no traffic. Nevertheless That person broke the law.

if ya don't like it, go back to Melbourne.

20 hours ago, Thian said:

Where to start answering that one!!!!!

19 hours ago, Lungstib said:

A typical day on the road. Left side overtaking, double parking, m'bikes going against flow and police absence. Hard to call it an accident, more like suicide.

Left side undertaking, check your rulebook sunshine.

32 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Left side undertaking, check your rulebook sunshine.

As Gil Scott Heron said "semantics is always a <deleted>".  Where I come from Undertaking is the management of funerals as a profession,   And sunshine is something we look forward to every day.  

• Like 1