Your waist matters if you want to fly THAI Dreamliner

webfact

THAI sets waistline limit for passengers on 787-9 Dreamliners

By Thai PBS

boeing-.jpg

Thai Airways International has banned passengers with over 56-inch waistline and passengers with kids on their laps from Business Class seating on its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

The new regulation on oversized passengers was announced by THAI’s Corporate Image and Social Responsibility Division this week.

Flight Lieutenant Pratana Patanasiri, THAI Vice President, Aviation Safety, Security & Standards Department, clarified in the announcement today (March 16) that THAI has taken delivery of two Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts to its service fleet since September last year.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-sets-waistline-limit-passengers-787-9-dreamliners/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-16
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, saakura said:

Seriously, if your waist is over 56 inches, i think you should be getting some exercise and not blaming the airline.

My Thai cousin couldn't close his belt in the plane, the stewardess got very angry because he didn't ask for a 2nd belt they have ready for cases like that.

14 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

This is only the beginning. The next big thing will be charging air fares by passenger weight. A few airlines are already doing it. 

This will not change sitting next to an obese person, or sitting between two obese persons....:coffee1:

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't want to ban obese people, but if they are over a maximum waistline they should have to buy 2 seats, or fly first class with individual seats.

Well as long as they don't put that lard on my arm it's okay with me.

And mind you, i am tall and wide (not fat) but that armrest in the middle is half mine for sure...or i have to sit in an angle..

Actually i think the seats have to be a few cm wider as well...for european flights that is since we are taller than americans/asians/chinese.

The easy way to avoid this is use extenders. Now Thai always has bad press and I for one will not fly Thai for this very reason

I am 36 inches but its just another reason why Thai airways is not a good airline They do not care about the flyer

What about a pregnant woman or as this article says people with children that must sit on their laps

• Confused 1