Video: Three Chinese nationals arrested after stealing from Danish tourist at Chiang Mai airport

rooster59

Video: Three Chinese nationals arrested after stealing from Danish tourist at Chiang Mai airport

airport.JPG

Image: Manager

CCTV at Chiang Mai airport help to trap three Chinese people who stole cash and valuables from a Danish man at Chiang Mai airport on Thursday evening.

Following a report of theft from Ole Nielsen Andersen, 65, the police looked at CCTV and followed the movements of the suspects to the Montha Hotel in the downtown area.

There the trio were found in possession of 4,000 baht, an I-phone, credit card, glasses and passport of the victim. They also found the clothing used while the crime was being carried out.

The thieves admitted the theft and were named as Xiong Mingfei, 55, Xia Gaoyong, 27 and Xie Xinhui, 54. 

They have all been charged with theft at an airport.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-17

Not to defend the thieving Chinese I would like to tell you all a short story. I lived and worked in Guilin, Guangxi, China for four years and the only problem I had was that one night while at a restaurant my GF and I frequented she was robbed of her top of the line Nokia phone. As a Marine I should have sensed the problem right away when I saw a guy drinking tea, only tea, in a restaurant. In China if you only want tea and a snack you go to a Tea House. Anyways, we sat down at the only available table which was next to this tea drinker. My GF hung her purse over the back of her chair with her back to the tea guy and we proceeded to order our food. After a short time the tea guy got up and left and one of the waitress approached my GF and asked her to check her bag as there was something "wrong" with the tea guy. She found that her phone was missing but I suggested that she had left it at home?? We finished our meal and went home and after checking around our apartment, sure enough, no phone and she had been robbed. About 20 minutes later we get a call on our land line from the police. They had caught the tea guy with her phone and they phoned a few numbers on the phone and they were informed who owned the phone. My GF left to get her phone at the police station and I asked her "how in the hell did they find the stolen phone so fast"? When she returned home I asked her what the police had said to my question and all they had said was...."we have our ways". Having lived in Thailand for 30 years I figured that China would be the same and I was looking at buying another expensive phone in the morning.....

Well we usually like a Chinese Takeaway but not this sort.  I have spent quite a few years travelling in China on business and experienced the good and bad side of Chinese people.  Pointless trying to generalise but I would say I have had more negatives than positives.  Then again that is just me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rama said:

no eye in the sky. Airport CCTV probably saw them catch a taxi at the taxi stand, asked the taxi driver where he took them. not so sinister, and not difficult.

You are right. When I come to CM I go to the taxi office, near the exit. They ask to what hotel I am going.  And I am not 3 Chinese men.

13 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Well we usually like a Chinese Takeaway but not this sort.  I have spent quite a few years travelling in China on business and experienced the good and bad side of Chinese people.  Pointless trying to generalise but I would say I have had more negatives than positives.  Then again that is just me.

Sadly true. I had way less things stolen from me in 14  years in Thailand than in only 1.5 years in China! And the police, though more present than in Thailand, is even more useless!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Not to defend the thieving Chinese I would like to tell you all a short story. I lived and worked in Guilin, Guangxi, China for four years and the only problem I had was that one night while at a restaurant my GF and I frequented she was robbed of her top of the line Nokia phone. As a Marine I should have sensed the problem right away when I saw a guy drinking tea, only tea, in a restaurant. In China if you only want tea and a snack you go to a Tea House. Anyways, we sat down at the only available table which was next to this tea drinker. My GF hung her purse over the back of her chair with her back to the tea guy and we proceeded to order our food. After a short time the tea guy got up and left and one of the waitress approached my GF and asked her to check her bag as there was something "wrong" with the tea guy. She found that her phone was missing but I suggested that she had left it at home?? We finished our meal and went home and after checking around our apartment, sure enough, no phone and she had been robbed. About 20 minutes later we get a call on our land line from the police. They had caught the tea guy with her phone and they phoned a few numbers on the phone and they were informed who owned the phone. My GF left to get her phone at the police station and I asked her "how in the hell did they find the stolen phone so fast"? When she returned home I asked her what the police had said to my question and all they had said was...."we have our ways". Having lived in Thailand for 30 years I figured that China would be the same and I was looking at buying another expensive phone in the morning.....

i live in China and have had my phone stolen 4 times in the last year, my house robbed twice and my bicycle stolen, they even tried to take the cat when we let it out at night!!!….the Chinese are NOT known for honest dealing of any sort!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bizboi said:

i live in China and have had my phone stolen 4 times in the last year, my house robbed twice and my bicycle stolen, they even tried to take the cat when we let it out at night!!!….the Chinese are NOT known for honest dealing of any sort!!

I guess I had better cops in Guilin???

Cops only do one thing in Hubei province of China thats defend the Communist partys honour - a guy I work with had a knife pulled on him because he complained a bout a Chinese guy coming into his apartment and switching his water off - the policeman who came to answer his wifes call said

a) The foreigner should shut up and not complain

B) Why did the foreigner have a bottle of wine in the kitchen?

Most Thai (and other SEAsian) mentality and face saving antics is part of Chinese culture (or lack of)

Edited by bizboi