‘I’ve done nothing wrong’ says Prawit about his watches

webfact

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

What people fail to realize is, in his own twisted mind he thinks he has done nothing wrong.

Lying , cheating, scamming is the norm, he thinks.

Are you accusing him personally of: lying, cheating, scamming?

My thoughts are, why did this senior man want to wear 20 different expensive watches to different events? (Does an expensive watch tell the time differently to a 500Baht watch?) Surely his focus should be on important matters of state, not 'what expensive watch did he choose to display today? 

After the story broke why didn't he immediately use some common sense and not wear expensive watches?

Does he think the NACC /police whatever should be spending their valuable time investigating watches? I would have hoped he would be bright enough to not let the agencies spend their time on this, they have much more important things to spend their time on. 

I would have expected he's bright enough to have stopped this quickly rather than let it fester and cause damage to his NCPO team etc?

Roll on the young blood with policies and processes and ethics which quickly make the old blood totally irrelevant? 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Read my post again, i said he thinks lying, cheating scamming is the norm, please do not try to get me to say anything other than what i already posted.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Read my post again, i said he thinks lying, cheating scamming is the norm, please do not try to get me to say anything other than what i already posted.

"i said he thinks lying, cheating scamming is the norm"

Does he, you know this to be true?

IMO the above poster of note is taking himself and his numerous posts wayyyyy to seriously.  Chill dude, have a nice Cuban cigar along with a glass of some well aged Kentucky Bourbon.  As for the "Fat One" just add his denial to the growing list of the worlds biggest lies.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My thoughts are, why did this senior man want to wear 20 different expensive watches to different events? (Does an expensive watch tell the time differently to a 500Baht watch?) Surely his focus should be on important matters of state, not 'what expensive watch did he choose to display today? 

After the story broke why didn't he immediately use some common sense and not wear expensive watches?

Does he think the NACC /police whatever should be spending their valuable time investigating watches? I would have hoped he would be bright enough to not let the agencies spend their time on this, they have much more important things to spend their time on. 

I would have expected he's bright enough to have stopped this quickly rather than let it fester and cause damage to his NCPO team etc?

Roll on the young blood with policies and processes and ethics which quickly make the old blood totally irrelevant? 

I bet load of sarcasm in your post. What damage you think. They didn’t get elected and not accountable to the people. They not taking part in next election and rather try to amend laws to sneak in for premiership. They have the ultimate 44 law and draconian methods to silence anyone. Moreover they have the firepower; not common sense. Really they care less what the people think. 

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I bet load of sarcasm in your post. What damage you think. They didn’t get elected and not accountable to the people. They not taking part in next election and rather try to amend laws to sneak in for premiership. They have the ultimate 44 law and draconian methods to silence anyone. Moreover they have the firepower; not common sense. Really they care less what the people think. 

Off topic, off topic, off topic.

Ironic since you recently tried to scold another posted for being off topic.

You need another hobby el. 

• Sad 1

As I understand it, all valuable assets must be declared when taking up a ministerial post. Again, at the end of that tenure, assets must be declared.

So, if he acquired the watches after taking up his post, he has no need to declare them until the junta steps down and allows a new government to be elected.

I think this explains use of the phrase "I've done nothing wrong yet".

Of course, the burning question is - How can he afford them on his army/DPM salary? But it seems that nobody is investigating that aspect.

Edited by chickenslegs
clarity

‘I’ve done nothing wrong’ says Prawit about his watches?
It was later learned that the items had not been reported to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, as required by the law.

Regardless of your excuses sir, you failed to report your assets (that you publicly flaunted) as required by law.  Why is this law in place?  To make sure that those who lead the country are above reproach.  You failed in that regard.  So the public perception now is that not only did you fail to report your assets (broke the law), but that you seem to by lying about it too in order to maintain your hold on power (obstruction of justice - breaking another law).  You've been placed on trial by public opinion, and the public does not trust you. You could be innocence, but you've lost public confidence.  That is why it's time to step down from your post and retire.  To do anything less would be to prospectively taint the entire leadership,  If you fail to step down and the leadership fails to remove you, then you will lose the trust of virtually the entire public. That's not good for Thailand, is it? 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Darcula said:

That's exactly what every child says when questioned about his "dog at my homework" excuses.

It's what every politician here claims, all the time, on everything they're ever accused of. 

Must be the most often used phrase by politicians from all sides. "I haven't done anything wrong".

Next will be either 'it's all a misunderstanding" or "a honest mistake".

Forget this inquiry going anywhere, and no way will unusual wealth be investigated. Ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Forget this inquiry going anywhere, and no way will unusual wealth be investigated. Ain't gonna happen.

Why you think so? They are championing corruption eradication. Chance for the junta to show that they are serious and the coup is worth it. Right? 

Perhaps The Toad does not understand the meaning of "wrong" after spending so many years above the law? Of course he fended of the inquiries from the NACC...they know what happens if they push too hard. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bangkokazy said:

let prawit buy watches no thais starve for it

Maybe not "starved" but certainly "deprived". A million dollars in gift kickbacks is a million dollars of money that the Thai citizens were deprived of. Gifts (kickbacks) add to acquisition costs. To think otherwise is a fallacy.