Taxi driver murdered, throat slit after being lured by would-be robbers

webfact

Taxi driver murdered, throat slit after being lured by would-be robbers

By The Nation

466a5ef509225618da0c466f7fefb148.jpeg

A taxi driver was found dead next to his blood-covered cab in Samut Sakhon province on Sunday.

The man, who was named by police as Saneh Pintamnak, 63, had had his throat slit and his wallet was missing. 

Witnesses told police that Saneh had picked up passengers from Om Noi city at dawn. 

Police suspect his killers might have pretended to be ordinary customers and lured Saneh to the pick-up spot intending to rob him. 

“There might have been some struggles and Saneh got killed,” a policeman said after inspecting the scene. 

Prasert sae Tan, a fishermen, called police to the scene after finding Saneh’s body.

“When I saw a taxi, I thought it was coming to pick up someone but after I got close, I saw the body. So, I immediately called police,” the 59-year-old man said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341697

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-26

10 hours ago, starky said:

When your broke don't have a job but can get a bottle of Lao kao and a couple of yaba for a hundred baht, less than a thousand sounds like a fortune. Plenty have been set up and killed for less. Old bloke up my way got jumped and put in a coma for 30 baht. All a matter of perspective. 

I think the reason for this murder is either money for the drug, in this case, nothing on the Earth counts, or something else, what we don't know yet. R.I.P.

Just now, ostyan said:

I think the reason for this murder is either money for the drug, in this case, nothing on the Earth counts, or something else, what we don't know yet. R.I.P.

I'm no detective mate I'll leave that to the professionals and TV posters. I don't profess to understand the mind of criminals but I don't think there is any great conspiracy here IMO. Just another senseless death.

6 minutes ago, ostyan said:

agree with Mate, I just said my opinion.Still not banned in Thailand ;)

11 hours ago, starky said:

Plenty have been set up and killed for less.

Some mobile phone and 2 Euro change are enough to get killed cold-blooded nowadays (Berlin, Germany).

Taxi drivers have always been a frequent target for criminals, not only in Thailand.

And luring them to some remote place is a usual method.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some mobile phone and 2 Euro change are enough to get killed cold-blooded nowadays (Berlin, Germany).

Taxi drivers have always been a frequent target for criminals, not only in Thailand.

Don't tell the TV detectives that, they are already on the case and have come up with some solid theories. 

4 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I hope and pray the BIB take this one seriously and put forth their best efforts. No way for a guy just working for a living should die.

is it ok if not working?

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

is it ok if not working?

I meant the expression to mean working class people whether they be at work or off work or retired. Could be interpretted as I do care a lesser amount about the rich and powerful getting their throats cut while driving a taxi.

Edited by IAMHERE

14 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Everyone knows taxi drivers dont have change for 1000 bht so who ever is going to believe hevwas set up to get thieved. Not me.

"Everyone knows". It's not quite true, unfortunately, it's only your own opinion.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The mean streets of Berlin eh? Has it dropped from the top 20 safest cities in the world yet?