Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I bought a pair of handcuffs for a friend when he got married. They are not only supplied to the police you know. 

Yes, you can buy handcuffs at some local markets. The guy who sells machetes, swords, knuckle dusters, knives, bb guns, fancy lighters and tazers usual has some for sale. 

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You write the suicide note. You then take a can of gasoline, douse the house and light the fire. You then climb up onto an elevated platform where you have already arranged a noose and tighten it around your neck. You then take a pair of handcuffs out of your pants pocket, slip one cuff around one wrist. You then put your hands behind your back, and close and lock the second cuff around your second wrist. Then you jump. To those speculating that it was an inside job, how do you explain the arson which severely damaged the property the wife would likely inherit, and how do you explain the suicide note handwritten in native English?

Hopefully they read it 

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

so if his wife wrote the suicide note you think she'd write that she stole everything? the guy killed himself

Yes, because  that self criticism  would have fooled people like you that she did not write the note.

2 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Yes, because  that self criticism  would have fooled people like you that she did not write the note.

mate. please. come on. anyway believe as you will

**do you think the worlds flat?

Edited by Happy enough

Been with my wife 12 years . Worked the whole time and that’s with kids . I made it clear what we get out of life we have to both put in . We have done ok for ourselves . 
Why do western men marry a thai and then explain the facts of life like they are an 8 year old?

Why would you marry into brain dead?
  • Sad 1

Would explain something
If I had to commit to somebody for the rest of my life it wouldn't be to an uneducated woman that I had to explain the facts of life to.

In the West I would actually run from that but loser farang here are happy to take on woman with the mentality of a child.
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

If I had to commit to somebody for the rest of my life it wouldn't be to an uneducated woman that I had to explain the facts of life to.

I married an uneducated woman that left school age 12.

Then I put her through high school, then through university.

I'm fairly sure she already knew the facts of life before she left school the first time.

I would also mention I'm quite old, so 'for the rest of my life' probably isn't all that long a time, probably around 5-10 years.

Edited by DonnyT
  • Like 2

Didn’t explain anything . I had expectations . Very different . That’s how a marriage  works . Would you like me to teach you ? 
Well the post I replied to you were actually laying down the law.

Can't imagine even in my wildest dreams having to do that. Why would you take on a moron?

eg. "honey you have to contribute"

8 minutes ago, JOC said:

Time for Admin to close this thread?

A fellow expat has tragically committed suicide......and for the first 15 pages it stayed more or less stayed on track

After that it has turned into the usual Thaivisa bickering....Not very respectful to the deceased or his (American) family...

took a few minutes to think about that. but yeah. i think all has been said and all opinions shared. time to close it for me too and may he RIP. i'm off this thread. 

5 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Well the post I replied to you were actually laying down the law.

Can't imagine even in my wildest dreams having to do that. Why would you take on a moron?

eg. "honey you have to contribute"

Obviously you didn’t read the original post . 

I married an uneducated woman that left school age 12.
Then I put her through high school, then through university.

I'm fairly sure she already knew the facts of life before she left school the first time.
I would also mention I'm quite old, so 'for the rest of my life' probably isn't all that long a time, probably around 5-10 years.
You prove my point. Tell me where did she learn English after leaving school as a child so you could communicate?

That's a rhetorical question... Long as your happy dude..

They should come up with wrist brackets that can’t be removed

to identify Money Grabbers. Then it could stop or at least caution 

victims.  

Seriously!

Money Grabbing seems to be something that is taught to many from Northeast when their young. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:38 AM, Jools said:

I love a good revenge story. Too bad he had to die to accomplish retribution. Thai people do not understand the concept of "killing the goose who laid the golden egg."

I've noticed a conceptual deficit on many levels.

7 hours ago, DonnyT said:

Probably because all women are 'duds', and can't be trusted.

If not today, they will be sometime soon.

Marriage is dead in the west due to anti-male legislation, here you have to be spectacularly stupid to lose it all.

Well, you're a real cheerful person.      I think you should start hanging out with a different type  woman.    Getting out of the bar area would be a good start.

• Like 1

Time for Admin to close this thread?
A fellow expat has tragically committed suicide......and for the first 15 pages it stayed more or less stayed on track
After that it has turned into the usual Thaivisa bickering....Not very respectful to the deceased or his (American) family...

Agree completely with your post !!

Only good thing to come out of this thread is a fellow TVF member has shown suicidal tendencies and gained a lot of support from other members !!
Other than that it’s turned into the usual bickerfest and the original OP is a faint memory !
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2018 at 10:50 AM, kalidescopemind said:

How do Thais still get away with this?    How can you buy a property that you can't have in your name, and not know you are being screwed?

yes, i ask it over and over.

personally i know 4 guys like this, 3 walk away from houses already with nothing,

the 4th, he on shaky ground also.

i dont think the issue is about Thais getting away with it

these farangs actually ARE BREAKING LAWS to buy a house in a ladies name and they know they will have no rights

i even read some guys sign a document which state he as farang did not pay for the house 100% ..but this is hearsay

as my American friend say "once the hairy lassue gets you..you are toast"

After a failed attempt in the US, the deceased probably thought he put everything he could into his Thai marriage and felt he had nothing to live for which is truly sad. No one will really understand the exact reason why.

One of the issues why so many farang's get banged up in Thailand is, despite all good intentions, foreigners that move to Thailand are NOT experts in Thai-Farang relationships, not experts in understanding the Thai family bond (pressure/face) with each other, they do NOT understand the Thai way of thinking, underestimate Thai greed,  and many not even understand their own relationships with their wives.

If you have a failed marriage in your own country, what in the world told you that Thailand was the guaranteed answer?

Is it because of the millions of stories of how easy it is to find a Thai wife no matter your age, what your look like or your wealth?

The fact is, Thai women and families have their own behaviors. Some more educated and understandable than others.

Get away from the big cities and into the rural areas and it becomes even more obvious.

While the deceased might have felt he was doing his best and a super job, his wife obviously was not on the same page as him.

This sounds like a case of not understanding your own relationship in truth.

Many Thai women will cherish the chance to get married to a foreigner. Not one warning flag will ever enter their minds, only the thought of they can enrich their lives financially, because didn't you know? All farang's are rich!

How many millions of TV posts explain this in detail? Yet men come and lose it all in high numbers.

Many men will come to Thailand and never get married. Many pluses for that approach.

A small minority will find a decent woman and actually have a decent marriage and family.

A high majority will get divorced and financially banged up.

Instead of reading and acknowledging the experience of others, many come to Thailand believing they know it all, have it all figured out and it will never happen to them.

Surprise! No one ever has Thailand or Thai women figured out from abroad.

Some men handle the gamble and reduce the risk much, much better than most.

Sad to see a young life lost.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well we do not have a tv in our home.

When my wife is home from work, we have some interesting conversations.

The 1 we have just had, was about ole fatty and what Thais think about the watch saga.

We also discuss some of the nonsense i have seen posted on here.

Yes folks i am fortunate my wife is fluent in English.

Colin i think you should start your own thread...

" Ask my wife..."

so many things here, one must scratch their head in thinking!

to have certain things explain in decent English by opinion of a Thai lady.

she will have a headache after 2 days but wow that wi be a great thread!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

While the deceased might have felt he was doing his best and a super job, his wife obviously was not on the same page as him.

Most men are like that (thinking they're doing OK), and most women are like that (dissatisfied).

I just enjoy the moment (understanding there's always another woman), and control my spending (so there's always money to attract another woman).

It's the guys telling themselves (and everyone else) that their's is different that are looking to take a fall.

(Apparently this POV makes my bitter/angry/insecure/etc., but I don't feel angry or bitter, maybe a bit insecure)

Because AWALT.

Edited by DonnyT