Tourist arrested for stealing Bt1,400 from Chiang Mai temple

Jonathan Fairfield

On 3/31/2018 at 11:58 AM, Tilacme said:

I accept your authority in this area and i know you do good work. But your language "doing something so low"?  He is a petty theft and no need to gloss it up from that.  The fact that it was from a Wat has no bearing.  He showed no violence and may be in a greater need.  The Wat is the  safety net for Thais but where is it for farangs in Thailand.

On 3/31/2018 at 10:20 AM, sirmud63 said:

lol   , only because he beat them to it . :clap2:

On 3/31/2018 at 10:17 AM, z42 said:

But you can be a member of the Thai civil service and steal 88 million from funds destined for the poor and not even have the threat of arrest hanging over you.

What a bunch of BS ?

On 3/31/2018 at 10:16 AM, Thaiwrath said:

I bet the monks were up in alms over this ! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yeah, I guess all four of you wrote theese comments to take away the focus on the theft done by a foreigner in Thailand. Must hurt you feelings too much to realize that this person, that is an American actually did something wrong, right?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

He like many others here do not know when its time to call it quits in Thailand. They hang on a shoe string until its impossible to go home, and leave this country to pay the overdue fines, airline ticket etc. I know cases where these men

have no visa or passport for years, thinking their govt will bail them out (not true)

13 hours ago, moe666 said:

You are suppose to have a certain level of income or money in the bank. If you have to steal in order to stay here time to go back home

Maybe but we don't know what visa he is on or, the balance of his account or mind. Let the punishment fit the crime rings a bell.   Expats are constantly deported for no good reason and i for one don't condone it.

On 31/03/2018 at 8:56 PM, lemonjelly said:

He must be desperate, he was deported from Cambodia for visa overstay after (unsuccessfully) trying to rob a roadside hut/shop in December 2016, looks like Cambodia just kicked him over the border?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes a quick google shows him being deported from Cambodia for an overstay after being caught burgling a roadside hut. Also Danger Dating dot com is warning people in the Riverside CA area about a guy with the exact same name. Lists violation of probation, drink driving, other charges...