Junta files complaint over march on Army HQ

rooster59

Junta files complaint over march on Army HQ

By The Nation

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) on Friday filed a complaint against 57 pro-democracy protesters for allegedly committing sedition.

Those named in the complaint included Kan Pongpraphapan, Sirawith Seritiwat, Rangsiman Rome, Nattha Mahuttana, Ekachai Hongkanwan and Anon Nampa.

The complaint was made by Colonel Burin Thongprapai, a member of the NCPO’s legal department.

It was in response to last week’s demonstration in which protesters called for the army to stop supporting the NCPO as they marched from the Thammasat University’s Tha Prachan campus to the Royal Thai Army headquarters.

Most of the named demonstration leaders have been previously charged with several offences related to a series of protests calling for an election to be held this year.

Police officers reportedly were also mulling whether to charge the protesters for using amplifiers, resisting an officer’s orders, and assaulting officers. The latter relates to demonstrators breaking through officers lining up to block them from marching on the Army headquarters, resulting in a brief clash.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30342182

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-01

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police officers reportedly were also mulling whether to charge the protesters for using amplifiers, resisting an officer’s orders, and assaulting officers. The latter relates to demonstrators breaking through officers lining up to block them from marching on the Army headquarters, resulting in a brief clash.

Maybe they were playing 'I fought the law'  on the stereo !

11 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Filing complaints is a waste of time in thailand with no one capable nor willing to take action. 

Lets hope the junta suffers the same dilemma.

Unfortunately the people who ARE capable and willing of taking action are one and the same people who filed the complaint to themselves...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chainarong said:

A march on a army base is regarded as sedition, give me a break go get a life Colonel Burin you are a disgrace to your uniform if 57 protesters worry U sir.............................................:cheesy:

If a people, has lost the confidence of the government, wouldn’t it be easier, the junta dissolved the people and chose, or even hold an election, to get another? (Sarcasm alert)

13 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

If a people, has lost the confidence of the government, wouldn’t it be easier, the junta dissolved the people and chose, or even hold an election, to get another? (Sarcasm alert)

They are doing just that in Europe, but the people are beginning to realize it...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

while i believe you are right, i also believe they are thin-skinnedly insecure to their core

And why are they so fragile is it because they know that their actions and everything they stand for is wrong at all levels.

5 hours ago, baboon said:

. . . why would the junta file a complaint to themselves? Strikes me as rather schizophrenic...

Our general prime minister/was a soldier/now a politician Prayut to a tee.

A few more weeks of this pressure and he'll be running round in circles, shouting, "Mama, I don't want to play this stupid game any more . . . and what's more, the stupid people will never respect me like they did that Phibun guy, seventy years ago. What did he have that I haven't got . . . besides a horse, that is? . . . Porky - go round me up a horse . . . a bloody big one!"

• Haha 1

On 01/04/2018 at 7:16 AM, Lungstib said:

The army, those brave men dedicated to offering their lives in defence of the country and willing to die in the process, are complaining they have been subjected to those most awful of WMD, loudspeakers. But it is Apr 1.

My GF has some old soft toys and a dummy. She said send them to the army boss..Because soon they are finished and nobody wants them. Prayut is a delusional old bloke. You got more chance winning the Lottery and your to old.