Cars of Your Past We Miss.

Rdrokit

On 05/04/2018 at 11:55 AM, transam said:

Past my test in my mums, was 1966 .....:stoner:

I got one given to me in 1972 as it had a massive water leak.

I tooke the engine out and found that a core plug had popped out. I bought a new one for a quid I think, hand painted it in daffodil yellow paint I bought from Woolworths, and flogged it 9 months later to a mate for a tenner.

One of the few cars I ever made money on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I got one given to me in 1972 as it had a massive water leak.

I tooke the engine out and found that a core plug had popped out. I bought a new one for a quid I think, hand painted it in daffodil yellow paint I bought from Woolworths, and flogged it 9 months later to a mate for a tenner.

One of the few cars I ever made money on.

That reminds me of a 1969 1600 MK2 Cortina I acquired...Friend of mums wanted to get rid of it for 25 quid...Hmmmm, thought worth a look...It was like new, they said the steering was shot...I bought it..The steering box needed adjusting....:stoner:

Mini cabbed it for a year and sold it for I think 250 quid....:smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Back in the mid 1990s on Srinakarin Road in BKK close to Seacon Square there was a beautiful pink Caddilac with huge fins that looked a bit like this without the snow.

image.png.1f214dc8efb21ea18892ee473611acdf.png

Come on guys. Maybe I should have made the name of the thread a little different. It's supposed to be cars WE OWNED in the past that we miss. Not other peoples cars we miss. If that were the case I would have 100s of cars I wished I had owned that I saw at car shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

Come on guys. Maybe I should have made the name of the thread a little different. It's supposed to be cars WE OWNED in the past that we miss. Not other peoples cars we miss. If that were the case I would have 100s of cars I wished I had owned that I saw at car shows.

If you wish, I could post photos of some 50 odd cars that I have owned over the years but many of the photos would be of stock photos, as for most of the time I either had no camera or I have lost the photos.

Photo of your old Car.? For me no have !!.Cameras black then were black n white.Hated the bloody things. Some old family member had one, but you always ended up carrying the freakin thing around. Then having to look at Granny on the Beach pics at Christmas time. . I like that LS6 Photo the best so far.

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you wish, I could post photos of some 50 odd cars that I have owned over the years but many of the photos would be of stock photos, as for most of the time I either had no camera or I have lost the photos.

Hey if you owned one, (not wish you owned one or a friend owned one), miss it and don't have a photo then a stock photo of the car will be OK. I've owned about 40 cars but don't miss all of them and don't have photos of alot of them. I traded even up my 61 Pontiac for a 1963 Corvette roadster with a 340hp 327/4speed (rare). Also included the hardtop. Was a silver car which was rare because silver was the only color in 63 you had to pay extra for, it was an $80 option AND it had the power window option. The owner of the vette was a retired highway patrol man who had graduated from high school in 1961 and wanted a real 1961 patrol car. My 61 was worth about 35k and the vette about 45k, no brainer. I hated that vette. I am 193cm tall and could not get the seat back far enough and my head hit the roof when either of the tops were up. Sold it in a month and really missed the Pontiac. Especially when I saw it a local car shows.

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Hey if you owned one, (not wish you owned one or a friend owned one), miss it and don't have a photo then a stock photo of the car will be OK. I've owned about 40 cars but don't miss all of them and don't have photos of alot of them. I traded even up my 61 Pontiac for a 1963 Corvette roadster with a 340hp 327/4speed (rare). Also included the hardtop. Was a silver car which was rare because silver was the only color in 63 you had to pay extra for, it was an $80 option AND it had the power window option. The owner of the vette was a retired highway patrol man who had graduated from high school in 1961 and wanted a real 1961 patrol car. My 61 was worth about 35k and the vette about 45k, no brainer. I hated that vette. I am 193cm tall and could not get the seat back far enough and my head hit the roof when either of the tops were up. Sold it in a month and really missed the Pontiac. Especially when I saw it a local car shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I had a 1939 Chev Roadster (same colour as this one) that I bought in 1960 for 70 pounds, they were made by Holden in Australia. Worth a small fortune today. The Morris 8 was my very first car, and what a sh*t heap it was!

Chev Roadster.jpg

classic-morris-8-series-e-4-door-saloon-car-green-uk-BMGGWA.jpg

Like the rumble seat in the Chevy. The Morris looks like a taxi. Did they use them as taxis? Being from the USA I wouldn't know.

• Like 1

Just now, Rdrokit said:

Like the rumble seat in the Chevy. The Morris looks like a taxi. Did they use them as taxis? Being from the USA I wouldn't know.

Never used as taxis AFAIK.  They were pretty small.

really enjoyed the Quattro Turbo i had. Drove all over the UK then shipped it to Australia and made $10k on it. It was exactly like this pic, except mine was a B reg.  I think it was the 1st year they changed to the digital dash and had the sexy female voice reprimanding you if you didn't put your seat belt on. The only photo i have of my car is blurry and in a storage box somewhere.

quattro.jpg.fa9267c361e43dbbe7a57b96f4304be6.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

No, but they did use an Austin engine and bigger Austin chassis to produce a London cab..

• Like 1

The 220 SE six cylinder was the biggest and longest car I ever had in Germany. But I had two huge Stromberg carburetors and you could see the tank needle going down when driving on the Autobahn. 

It was one of the first cars with fuel injection. SE for Super Einspritzer= Injection 

220 SE with carbs and leather.jpg

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 2

I had five of these, from 190 to 200 Diesel. Great cars/ 

That's a 190 with blinkers on the fenders, available with benzine and Diesel engines. 

My red leather seats were in all of them.

Switching gears at the steering wheel, not on top of the gearbox. Didn't find the right photo.   

190 D with  Flosser.jpg

200 Diesel Flosser inside.jpg

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

The 220 SE six cylinder was the biggest and longest car I ever had in Germany. But I had two huge Stromberg carburetors and you could see the tank needle going down when driving on the Autobahn. 

It was one of the first cars with fuel injection. SE for Super Einspritzer= Injection 

220 SE with carbs and leather.jpg

never been much of a Merc fan (coming from a Jag orientated family!) but briefly owned a 220 SE Coupe. Drove it from Sydney to Melb., what a lovely car to drive. Sure, it was a bit of a land yacht (old tyres didn't help) but surprised by the power of the little 2.2 Litre 6 cylinder fuel injected motor. I had fun throwing it around corners in the rain through the hills heading out of the Yarra Valley!

DSCN5297.jpg.869561d99fa2dab3d6c52fbb3bd09ee5.jpg

Didn't have a photo of the rear but it is nice looking for a sedan-ish 2 door car, this photo of similar car

Mercedes-Benz_220_SEC_W_111_2012-07-15_14-49-51.JPG.5406108a4b73354496959fcb3432d949.JPG

Edited by taichiplanet
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

never been much of a Merc fan (coming from a Jag orientated family!) but briefly owned a 220 SE Coupe. Drove it from Sydney to Melb., what a lovely car to drive. Sure, it was a bit of a land yacht (old tyres didn't help) but surprised by the power of the little 2.2 Litre 6 cylinder fuel injected motor. I had fun throwing it around corners in the rain through the hills heading out of the Yarra Valley!

DSCN5297.jpg.869561d99fa2dab3d6c52fbb3bd09ee5.jpg

Didn't have a photo of the rear but it is nice looking for a sedan-ish 2 door car, this photo of similar car

Mercedes-Benz_220_SEC_W_111_2012-07-15_14-49-51.JPG.5406108a4b73354496959fcb3432d949.JPG

I'm in love with this car !!! Must be a 64- 54 years old and such a nice ride. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 2