Video: Podgy new recruit's legs turn to jelly as army claim "Nan Man"!

webfact

Video: Podgy new recruit's legs turn to jelly as army claim "Nan Man"!

4pm.jpg

A video of a northern Thai man clearly terrified of being chosen in the army draft was widely shared on social media.

In the video "Nan Man" is led up to decide his fate by two soldiers. He is sporting a few extra pounds dressed in casual civvies and yellow flip flops.

He must pick red or black from a pot.

When the announcer on the mike says it is the dreaded red he collapses to his knees and is led away to a spell in the army.

Thai Rath said that the footage was posted on Facebook on the page of San Mangjaroen.

The news media helpfully listed nine reasons why "Nan Man" should really be happy. A life in the army would mean, among other things:

Doing your duty for King and Country,

Gaining knowledge and a trade,

Understanding perseverance and sacrifice

Obtaining strength,

Getting tons of friends.....AND monthly pay!

Meanwhile, over at the draft pick in Khon Kaen were several lady boys who would prefer not to enjoy those advantages.

4pm1.jpg

From Monday to April 8th 618 recruits will be picked out at the fifth floor Central Plaza Hall in the north eastern Thai town.

Natthapong Chairak, 22, of Muang district who sells cosmetics and is a make-up artist said he still has all the bits that make him a man.

He didn't need to pick red or black but he was there because he is a Thai man and this was required of him.

While Jirawat Koryun, 22, turned up in a female Thai university uniform. He said: "I was born a man but my heart is that of a woman. I have always dressed as one. My family are not concerned. I am here to present myself according to the rules".

Thursday is likely to be a big day for the recruitment panel at Central - Thai Rath discovered that singing heartthrobs Singto "The Star" and Bank Hormone are due to face the draft.

Sources: Thai Rath, Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-03

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Not to forget getting a good occasional kicking from your superiors during training. Luckily for him, he seems to have quite a bit of extra padding to protect him during that.

The news media helpfully listed nine reasons why "Nan Man" should really be happy. A life in the army would mean, among other things:

Obtaining strength,

another advantage is he will lose weight - good for health !

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

should bring it back in the UK to teach the young idiots, who think they know it all but know jack shit, need some discipline, as they not get it at home.

said in bad English... do you need some discipline too? :passifier:

Edited by PremiumLane
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

Obtaining strength,

another advantage is he will lose weight - good for health !

Dual nationals can do all of the above as volunteers on considerably better wages & with a credible redress system....and Privacy from the onset rather than being humiliated as seen in this example.

Edited by evadgib

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

should bring it back in the UK to teach the young idiots, who think they know it all but know jack shit, need some discipline, as they not get it at home.

Then why not recruit the parents?

• Haha 1

Time was in the UK that miscreants were given the choice of going to Borstal or joining the army, most that chose the army were straightened out and became accomplished people.

I came from a military background and rebelled against it. At 16 I was about to take the wrong path, but chose to join up of my own volition. Some rough treatment didn't do me any harm and I left after 20 years having seen and done a lot with an Exemplary record.

2 years for all these yobs in the UK that think nothing of stabbing people would sort them out. The world has gone soft and far too PC.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Not to forget getting a good occasional kicking from your superiors during training. Luckily for him, he seems to have quite a bit of extra padding to protect him during that.

I got more than an occasional kicking when I was in the mob and it actually did serve to toughen me up for the challenges ahead - and I was a porky little so and so too.

Edited by freebyrd
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Dont think that giving them guns is a good idea

Apart from NI and the Falklands I only handled a weapon once a year. No one keeps them by their beds as depicted in the movies, that's fantasy.

IS there any records of sons of rich and influential people getting to the army this way to enjoy these 9 reasons to be happy ?

I know a Thai guy who is an athlete, his dad is rich, top position in his company. I asked him if he went to the army, he said "no, army doctors told me I was too weak". This guy can swim (and could at the time) 100m butterfly in about a minute....

15 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Seriously? 

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. A "singing heart throb" called Bank Hormone is worrying when said aloud in English. Doubtless in Thai it's perfectly okay... err... okay? 

5 hours ago, baboon said:

'Don't worry, son. We'll be taking very special care of you. Oh yes we will indeed...'

Conscription is nothing but slavery and should be ended.

Funny that you fly the flag of the country with the largest conscripted army in the world.

Oh dear. Not a happy bunny.

Ah well, he will get career training and will soon be doing useful work in the garden  .................  pushing up daisys.

Boy , is he going to hate whats coming.

Still.....some get lucky :

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, baboon said:

'Don't worry, son. We'll be taking very special care of you. Oh yes we will indeed...'

He maybe lucky and get a free brain surgery after his killed by a senior lol

6 hours ago, baboon said:

He maybe lucky and get a free brain surgery after his killed by a senior lol

You know its one thing to not want to serve in the military... but it's completely another thing if you feint over it...

Thailand is not at war and there is a chance he will become an errand boy for some high ranking officer, guard duty or community work for most of his time in service.

kind of makes me angry seeing someone that meek! His parents raised a weakling!