One dead 16 injured as tour bus slams into ten wheeler in Kamphaeng Phet

webfact

One dead 16 injured as tour bus slams into ten wheeler in Kamphaeng Phet

2pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported that a tour bus travelling between Phitsanuloke and Kamphaeng Phet had collided with a ten wheel truck on the Kamphaeng Phet to Prankratai Road.

The accident happened in front of the local municipal offices.

One passenger in the truck was dead and 16 on the tour bus were taken to area hospitals - 11 were women and five men.

Police were on the scene investigating.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-04

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the do nothing Thai police and Thai government.

Well, I can report from here in the north country, Chiang Mai, the police are definitely not "do nothing". They put up 2-3 road checks in the city almost every day, each manned by 8-12 fearless, spit-polished police who are diligently assuring any and all tourists have either a Thai or international driver license and helmet. They dish out 500 THB fines by the 10-wheeler full to the many who don't.

Their courage and selfless service is greatly admired.

Edited by Whitestarschool
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Surprised to find  there are any bus's left.

In most countries they would have exhausted the number of buses.. here in Thailand they're stockpiled up..

if it's got wheels it's on the road, never mind the condition!!!

I don't know the actual reason for this accident, but  I am convinced that these double-deckers - if it was that- are really dangerous in Thailand. I think the stability of these busses cannot reach one of the single-deckers busses regularly,  and most of the drives of these busses ignore this. I have to travel to a hilly country and the majority of the busses bend to and fro in the curves, as we were in a fun fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whitestarschool said:

Well, I can report from here in the north country, Chiang Mai, the police are definitely not "do nothing". They put up 2-3 road checks in the city almost every day, each manned by 8-12 fearless, spit-polished police who are diligently assuring any and all tourists have either a Thai or international driver license and helmet. They dish out 500 THB fines by the 10-wheeler full to the many who don't.

Their courage and selfless service is greatly admired.

Welcome to Thailand Whitey. All foreigner rich!  555

• Confused 1

So what happend to the mandatory safety belt law in buses that came 4-5 years ago and which they did enforce heavily for 2-3 days and then forgot?

Could have saved many lives nowadays in all these bus accidents 

2 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

So what happend to the mandatory safety belt law in buses that came 4-5 years ago and which they did enforce heavily for 2-3 days and then forgot?

Could have saved many lives nowadays in all these bus accidents 

left on paper... paper is strong can carry everything

13 hours ago, ostyan said:

I don't know the actual reason for this accident, but  I am convinced that these double-deckers - if it was that- are really dangerous in Thailand. I think the stability of these busses cannot reach one of the single-deckers busses regularly,  and most of the drives of these busses ignore this. I have to travel to a hilly country and the majority of the busses bend to and fro in the curves, as we were in a fun fair.

Agree and others will probably remember when the Thai government were to ban these unstable buses but then gave a stay of execution , since when I have heard of nothing .