Video: Not a care in the world! But what if it was your relative was in the ambulance?

rooster59

Video: Not a care in the world! But what if it was your relative was in the ambulance?

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRi7G0lryoWQBWkF0W.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A video shared to Facebook showed a red Suzuki Swift seemingly without a care in the world as an ambulance behind them was desperate to get past.

The ambulance's sirens were wailing prompting some of the near million people who viewed the footage to comment the Suzuki driver probably had music on full blast.

Others suggested that the ambulance driver had earlier opportunities to undertake to the left though this was countered by an ambulance group who said cutting in left and right was not a good idea - people should follow the law and move out of the way.

Poster "Kanzaa Standby" just said: "What can I do? If it's not your relative you probably don't get it".

A 500 baht fine is available for drivers who do not get out of the way for emergency vehicles. The number plate was clearly visible in the footage but Thai Rath made no mention of police action - yet.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-07

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

The police won't bother until it goes viral on social media, then they might do something to save face.

"A video shared to Facebook '

"The ambulance's sirens were wailing prompting some of the near million people who viewed the footage to comment the Suzuki driver probably had music on full blast."

It has and they........................probably.....................possibly.....................may do something about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, midas said:

When you also consider the number of people who ride motorbikes and drive cars  in the wrong direction  towards the moving traffic, ride motorbikes on the pavement, park vehicles on routes meant for disabled people in wheelchairs, I think that question is easy to answer:bah:

You forgot the amateur pedestrians

46 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

Long ago, I asked some Thai friends why this happens. I was told that it was common knowledge that ambulance drivers ALWAYs have their sirens and light on because they want to get through traffic quicker. Even if they aren’t travelling to/from an emergency. In other words, they are not responsible ambulance drivers so people think they are cheating and then just ignore them on the road.

And there's also the attitude that the person in the ambulance is not my family so it's not my problem / not my responsibility to help in any way - and some of my extended Thai family members are prime example of this. My Thai son has on a couple of occasions tried to convince them 'you don't know 100% whether the person in the ambulance is not your family', plus he has tried to convince them if we want a happy sharing cooperative helpful society then it's just the right thing to do, everybody should move so the ambulance can get through. They are not convinced. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Happend to me the other day, I pulled over to let an ambulance pass, only to watch the ambulance then drive into mcdonalds drive thru. If people see similar 2-3 times, they become complacent.

#metoo ?

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Some people are just ignorant and don't care about anyone else on the road especially emergency vehicles see it all the time , maybe if they where booked by the BIB next time they would move out of the way but TIT .

A 500 baht fine is available for drivers who do not get out of the way for emergency vehicles

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

Another 'qualified' driver who doesn't know the existence of rear view mirror. Car makers might as well remove it and sell it as option only for Thailand market. emoji16.png

turn signals also

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A despicable lack of consideration for anyone around them...  a common trait on Thailand's roads. 

This 'me first' don't give way mentality compounds congestion all over the city (Bangkok) as car's squeeze through the narrowest of gaps instead of giving way to each other contributing to tail-backs on the busier of Bangkok's arteries. 

I someones wonder if the general attitudes and behavior of those driving in Thailand is an underlying example of the attitudes of society on a whole. 

It was once mentioned to me, 'the true nature of a society can be observed in the behavior of its traffic'...

Car's,  egg's and pea's have a lot to answer for.

If they ever bother with the mirror .... Notice that this is one of those cars with a backshelf full of gonks. That is a symptom of lights on, no one at home.
Should add side mirrors as option too since people never uses them. This is a good sign Thailand is looking forward to 4.0, never look back.
  • Like 1