Shameful cruelty of animals sponsored by people who holiday in Thailand

rooster59

Shameful cruelty of animals sponsored by people who holiday in Thailand

Tom Herbert

sei_6108146.jpg

Orangutans are dressed up in bikinis to perform as ‘ring girls’ in boxing matches (Picture: Caters News Agency)

Orangutans are being made to fight each other in boxing bouts for the entertainment of tourists in Thailand, shocking photos reveal.

Horrifying images document how bikini-clad apes are dressed up as ‘ring girls’ and elephants forced to perform tricks on a stone stage in front of audiences.

Environmental photojournalist Aaron Gekoski, 37, witnessed how animals are being exploited in cruel shows for holidaymakers on a tour of the country’s zoos.

‘The orangutans are forced into hideous pantomime routines,’ he said.

Full story: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/07/shameful-cruelty-of-animals-sponsored-by-people-who-holiday-in-thailand-7445837/

METRO: 2018-04-07

Aaron Gekoski spokesman for animal rights group peta said

'These images depict the exploitative and utterly disrespectful use of wild animals being forced to entertain the ill-informed and mindless.'

He added: ‘What I witnessed was shocking and incredibly distressing'.

A 15 minute documentary showing the chimp trainers and production of the launch ad for the new pyramid PG Tips tea bag in 1996. The U.K company used dressed up chimpanzees in its tea adverts for 30 years until 2003.

Isn't 2003 the 21st century Bertie? Never seen anything like this? You obviously don't watch much Television. 

' A robin redbreast in a cage puts all of heaven in a rage'.  I wonder what William Blake would make of this tragic and pitiful show.

I recognise the orang-utans in the pictures, but those other creatures are not human. 

Edited by Jeremy50
spelling

It would not be like the Thais to " glorify " their control and ownership over animals.

After all, you just need to see the pet dogs they possess, being dressed in all kinds of pantomime costumes on sweltering hot days, and then performing tricks for any audience that will look, and then laugh or comment how clever the animal is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Non-selective breeding has produced todays human race that does nothing but destroy the planet....

Of course I agree with your general message and those of almost all posters on this thread but I rather think that your suggestion that selective breeding of the human race might bring an improvement is quite "brave" of you.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Yep...as usual, put the blame on non- Thais!

As much as it is true, that the demand dictates (sort of) the market- how about NOT OFFERING that $4yt3 in the first place?

How about ENFORCING your own laws on animal cruelty...if there are any!?

Just take a stroll around the "pet"- section at Chatuchak!

It is not, that these crimes against animal- welfare are well hidden!

Any policeman could go there (or just walk up and down Beach Road in Pattaya or Patong) and see it!

But since TIT, nothing will be done and we put the blame on tourists!

It's just sick and annoying!

Maybe animals would be treated better, if they would wear period- costumes...?!

It is dumb ignorant tourists that are fueling the trades in animal cruelty for entertainment purposes.

Many of these animals perform out of fear, they are hit, beaten and even drugged into submission. I never visit those places and never will. Very easy, no tourists, no money and then these places go out of business. What`s so difficult to understand about that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, losername said:

Of course I agree with your general message and those of almost all posters on this thread but I rather think that your suggestion that selective breeding of the human race might bring an improvement is quite "brave" of you.  

Slight twist on what I meant but I understand your post. If I said nature doesn't get a chance to let only the best suited for survival survive whereas in the animal kingdom it does. I'm not suggesting a temporary or 'final' solution. Just saying that's the way it is.

At sometime nature will have it's way and all our medical and technical advances won't help.

• Thanks 1