Every 10 Minutes

George Bowman

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Motorcyclists travel on the wrong side frequently on the highways, where there are motorcycle lanes. The accepted etiquette seems to be the scooter going the correct way pulls out into the left hand lane to allow the other scooter to pass on the inside. People going the wrong way are usually travelling slowly. I don't get myself in a lather about it.

However, I do marvel at the institutionalised stupidity of Australian road authorities, where it is an offence for a motorcycle to travel in the emergency lanes, when they could reduce the two-wheel accident statistics at the stroke of a pen.

"A recent study conducted by the National Coroners Information System (NCIS) in Australia has revealed 29 closed case fatalities (and at least a dozen case fatalities still under coronial investigation) that had been reported to Australian coroners where a person was "struck in an emergency lane after their vehicle had stopped" between July 2000 and November 2010."

Ref: Wikipedia [link]

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Motorcyclists travel on the wrong side frequently on the highways, where there are motorcycle lanes. The accepted etiquette seems to be the scooter going the correct way pulls out into the left hand lane to allow the other scooter to pass on the inside. People going the wrong way are usually travelling slowly. I don't get myself in a lather about it.

However, I do marvel at the institutionalised stupidity of Australian road authorities, where it is an offence for a motorcycle to travel in the emergency lanes, when they could reduce the two-wheel accident statistics at the stroke of a pen.

Yes, and they even condone Ball tampering!  :laugh:

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

What reason, bone idleness? Dislike of obeying rules? The desire to endanger the lives of others?

There's NO logical reason, although I've a feeling you're going to come up with one.

Yeah of course I'll come up with one, some ignorant people here like you need educating, this is a different country like many around the world from where you come from expecting the same standards of the west.

Try getting around the world a bit more.

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

It is a big deal they cause accidents and are breaking the law

Say what you want your just another one like others here comparing western views, not your concern you are a guest here.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Say what you want your just another one like others here comparing western views, not your concern you are a guest here.

I think it would be his concern and anyone else when they become a statistic!

On ‎9‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, worgeordie said:

Do the same at night, motorbikes without rear lights,risking

their lives and others for the price of a bulb !

regards worgeordie

Geordie, mate !  They take the bulb out on purpose. If no tail light, the bad spirits can't follow them home. Quite logical really....

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Tofer said:

I think it would be his concern and anyone else when they become a statistic!

Well it's something that visitors or people from other countries should be aware of,  there's not much else they can do apart from staying in. :smile: