Most exciting motorcycle you ever ridden

Moo du

The bike I enjoyed most was a CB750K1 I bought new as a 20 year old. I couldn't get it past105mph (I tried), but I usually rode it at 80 or 90, before the days of radar traps everywhere (never had a speeding fine).  The handling wasn't great, the brakes were OK, and despite the engine not being super powerful, compared to cars of the time the bike was fast and it felt like it could go on for ever, unlike my brother's Norton.  I've had quite a few bikes before and after that one and to this day, I don't remember how I got rid of it.

Actually, I enjoy nothing more than paddling around the back blocks of Chiang Mai on a friend's beaten up Honda Wave. Exciting, nope, pleasurable, for sure.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dundas said:

The bike I enjoyed most was a CB750K1 I bought new as a 20 year old. I couldn't get it past105mph (I tried), but I usually rode it at 80 or 90, before the days of radar traps everywhere (never had a speeding fine).  The handling wasn't great, the brakes were OK, and despite the engine not being super powerful, compared to cars of the time the bike was fast and it felt like it could go on for ever, unlike my brother's Norton.  I've had quite a few bikes before and after that one and to this day, I don't remember how I got rid of it.

Actually, I enjoy nothing more than paddling around the back blocks of Chiang Mai on a friend's beaten up Honda Wave. Exciting, nope, pleasurable, for sure.  

I am surprised at it's top speed....:sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a Honda 750 cc engine with Automatic. Unfortunately, can't it do curves because the frame is too low, including the pipes. It's parked on its left pipe now.

No idea what's really holding the rear fat tire, there's nothing attached to the tire on the left?

The guy must have spent his childhood building that thing. 

I saw it at my mechanic's shop and would never try to drive the beast. But it sounds and looks good.  

Honda 740 Four Automatic Sisaket.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

15 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A real genuine complete Vespa GS will cost up to 300,000 baht in Thailand

that's if you can find a good one, sure, there are millions of vespa running

around but they are not the proper GS with the correct and matching

body and engine numbers...

I understand the big picture value of a correct specimen with matching S/N's but I have also seen some stunning examples of reconditioned Vespa's at pretty reasonable prices.  The low cost of Thai labor does wonders for the cost of repairs.  If I were a collector looking for a show winner, I'd avoid them like the plague.

But if I were looking for one to rod around on...  (That said, I'm not even sure what makes the GS model special.  I just know what looks great to me, and I have seen some eye watering examples parked around Bangkok, along with a bunch of fodder for the rebuild process working every day, especially in Chinatown)

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, seajae said:

driven lots of cars and bikes over the years without having to rave/bullsh*t about how fast they can go or I went on them, really have to wonder how much of a  dick pulling contest this is for some rather than talking about how exciting some bikes are to ride, real bike riders talk about the bike not what speed they did on them

I thought the topic was "the most exciting bike" nothing to do with speed. As some have posted, Vespas and some vintage bikes, hardly speed machines.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I understand the big picture value of a correct specimen with matching S/N's but I have also seen some stunning examples of reconditioned Vespa's at pretty reasonable prices.  The low cost of Thai labor does wonders for the cost of repairs.  If I were a collector looking for a show winner, I'd avoid them like the plague.

But if I were looking for one to rod around on...  (That said, I'm not even sure what makes the GS model special.  I just know what looks great to me, and I have seen some eye watering examples parked around Bangkok, along with a bunch of fodder for the rebuild process working every day, especially in Chinatown)

The GS150   was Vespa's big bike of the era, they upped it to 160cc then the SS180 came out...All much the same to ride, though in my opinion the Lambretta was a much better ride and feel, the Vespa was too light at the front...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I saw it at my mechanic's shop and would never try to drive the beast. But it sounds and looks good. 

Exciting for the custom bike lads and a lot of em about and enjoy the hobby.

Not my thing but admire the devotion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alanrchase said:

1986 Kawasaki GPZ900R. Except when l got nicked doing 125 mph on the A303 near Yeovil.

Yeah lovely bike Alan.I still get amazed today by its beauty and uniqueness!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

I did better that, i bought a Gold Star 500 clubmans on the knock (over 24 months) three weeks later it was written off, not my doing i might add, i foolishly loaned it to a friend, to do an errand, you can see the results!

Does'nt look as if i can get the link to work sorry about maybe someone else can, hopefully!

Gold Star 500 Clubmans.lnk

Gold Star2.lnk

Double posting trying and failing to download pictures!

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you were to rebuild a true vintage Vespa you'd find out that this is an

expensive exercise costing well over 100k, not sure why, but this is

what they charge now days and some time now,

As for the GS MK I and MK II, there were less than 30,000 made of this

model, and they were unique in the sense that their parts are not

interchangeable with any other models of Vespa....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I had one too the GS1100EX. It was Damm Fast.  use to take it to a drag strip. Very nice bike with the most comfortable seat of any bike

Belonged to a young US Marine who was shagging one of my newspaper delivery route customers at the time.  One evening, sat on the bike outside her house, he asked if I wanted to go for a ride.  I said sure, thinking he meant on the back with him but he dismounted and said, "Here you go!".  Couldn't believe he was serious and, up until the point I put it in gear and pulled away slowly, kept expecting him to laugh and say, "Just kidding!". 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

BSA Starfire 250cc. 

Awesome as a step up from my Pusch 49cc moped!

Now there's a memory, nice looking bike - though in reality thats where the good stopped, I had a C15, the Triumph equivalent for a while, it was no beast though an improvement on the Tiger Cub!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Real bike riders talk about the bike not what speed?..Do you mean some bad ar_e bikers who sell dope and guns?

The speed and sound seem to be very important for some people, I included. Speed ( not meths) creates Adrenaline flashes and that keeps some people alive.

Some friends did not survive this crazy time and I hope it's okay for you when some here are discussing what they had experienced on and with bikes.

I've just seen some great posts, but then yours. Why can't you just not read what you dislike? Thank you very much for your consideration. :jap:

agreed a smarty. My dad was a biker i grew up in the shed only wanted to work on my bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Media1 said:

agreed a smarty. My dad was a biker i grew up in the shed only wanted to work on my bikes. 

There's a time when I tried to educate my mechanic on how to use a voltmeter, bought one for him, but it didn't last long and he's back to normal to hold a cable on to chassis to see if it was a leading one.......:smile:

4 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Was that the one with pedals? My grandfather had something like that, sure it was a Pusch.

Yep, pedals!

I once rode it home from Portsmouth to Norwich for a weekend (took it on the train back though!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Now there's a memory, nice looking bike - though in reality thats where the good stopped, I had a C15, the Triumph equivalent for a while, it was no beast though an improvement on the Tiger Cub!

I had a C15 too.  It used to step out when going round any corner, until I figured that the tyres were put on back to front!

Goold old days.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CGW said:

it was no beast though an improvement on the Tiger Cub

Ahh, the Tiger Cub, a small throaty bike that was pretty fast, but as I recall the compression ratio was quite high and my mate's bike kept on knocking out big ends!!!

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Ahh, the Tiger Cub, a small throaty bike that was pretty fast, but as I recall the compression ratio was quite high and my mate's bike kept on knocking out big ends!!!

As I recall the most exciting thing about riding one was wondering where you would break down :shock1:

• Haha 1