Australian woman burnt in Thailand: GoFundMe set up by family and friends to bring Victoria Nikoloudis home after accident

webfact

It seems that she's got huge problems. What a tragic accident. 

Australian teacher, 37, suffers 80 per cent burns after a horror cooking accident saw a pot of oil explode in her face at her home in Thailand.

Please google daily mail. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2018 at 4:10 PM, terryp said:

hopefully her kindness gets repaid; but even working for a non-profit requires a work visa in thailand and normally they will provide medical insurance for all workers? ...non profit does not mean they take no money many of these get more than registered charity's

Hopefully the non-profit has provided Thai SS. It's their obligation but I'm afraid many don't bother.

• Like 1

I've met many volunteers for NGO's who have paid to do their work and looked absolutely puzzled when I mentioned Work Permit and Health insurance.

Do they not do their homework?

But to suggest their friends and family are low-lifes or crooks, scum, whatever for setting up a Go-Fund-Me 

is equally puzzling to me. This is a last resort to get her out of trouble and it's what friends and family do...bond together to help someone out. Nothing wrong with social media money raising sites.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 2:39 AM, The manic said:

Surely these interfering, NGO do gooders are insured by the reputable NGO that hired them. Or are they just interfering busy bodies?

Most of them are naive college kids thinking they are doing something good and getting a Thai holiday.

Interfering NGO do gooders is a bit harsh.

I don't think they do their homework as to work permits and health coverage.