PM says his future plans in politics pending June meeting political parties

webfact

PM says his future plans in politics pending June meeting political parties

PNPOL610419001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 19th April 2018 (NNT) - The Prime Minister says that his future plans in politics will become clearer after his meeting with political parties in June this year. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut-Chan-o-cha said today that he views a meeting between Pheu Thai Party members at a golf club as a regular gathering with no political agenda. The Pheu Thai Party has called on the Prime Minister to reveal his future role in politics. Gen Prayut said he will be clearer about his plans after the meeting with political parties in June this year. 

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Chatchai Sarikulya, agreed with the Prime Minister's view that the golfing event was a regular social gathering. 

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam confirmed that the government will meet with political parties in June to discuss the election date. Currently, several political parties both old and new have requested a meeting with the NCPO. Mr Wissanu said that certain issues can be addressed with the Election Commission or himself, without having to meet with the NCPO.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-19

10 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

He's already made his intentions abundantly clear. Actions speak louder than words.

Now just hold your horses and see what he says before running your mouth. He may well come out with a shock announcement that he wants out but will reluctantly stay on if needed, for the good of the country of course. 

And in other news, analysts predict darkness after sundown tonight...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

certain issues can be addressed with the Election Commission or himself, without having to meet with the NCPO.

Such a bold statement.

The EC is merely a surrogate for the NCPO. Such an admission means that the EC is not independent as specified in the constitution and its participation in the next election may be illegal.

That might serve as a potential Constitutional Court challenge to invalidate the election results should Prayut be dissatisfied with the election results. On the flip side anyone challenging the results should Prayut be satisfied with the election results, Prayut can invoke Article 44 to terminate the challenge.

• Like 1

Dear Sir

You have no future in politics as you know. But you want some more money and don't care what you have to do to achieve more breath taking wealth. Don't worry about future you don't have one here.

Edited by Media1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

He is going to belittle, taunt and put fear into all of his prospective competitors and their parties. This is his game plan to make them submissively scared to walk talk and jump. 

Yes - and they will know that they cannot really argue back - or off to Attitude Adjustment they go!

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Such a bold statement.

The EC is merely a surrogate for the NCPO. Such an admission means that the EC is not independent as specified in the constitution and its participation in the next election may be illegal.

That might serve as a potential Constitutional Court challenge to invalidate the election results should Prayut be dissatisfied with the election results. On the flip side anyone challenging the results should Prayut be satisfied with the election results, Prayut can invoke Article 44 to terminate the challenge.

Yes, I share your distrust. It's a bit like walking through a typical mixed farm in England . . . everything and everybody has that same smell to it . . . the smell that makes you wish you were somewhere else.

Edited by Ossy
clarity
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, webfact said:

. . . PM says his future plans in politics . . .

How about this for a plan for our ego-inflated balloon buffoon of a PM? How about he calls and glad-hands the principals of all his favourite universities and gets them to organise a grand, cross-cultural opinion poll . . . and make it a big one so it's fairly representative . . . a hundred-thousand, let's say.

And the simple question on the poll: Do you LIKE Prime Minister Prayut . . . YES or NO?      He wouldn't dare.

• Thanks 2

I suspect his future political plans are already clear enough. Why would he need to wait until June to announce them I wonder?

I strongly suspect that the good General has 2 areas of concern:

1. He hasn't been able to do anything significant in 4 years.

2. He is really worried about surviving beyond the day the party ends.

Might be wrong, but it's what I would be worried about were I wearing his shoes. General Prawit has already tipped his hand; I predict he will 'retire due to ongoing cardiac concerns' this year, and leave the country. Prem will likely not survive past the end of this year tempus fugit. The other NCPO Generals will run, nobody of any substance there, That nice Mr Prayuth must be feeling a bit vulnerable, and his electioneering does look a tad desperate lately, almost like his life depends on it.

And then there's the big issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

1- he’s not a PM - he’s a Junta leader of a coup

2- if he needs “advisor” to do his job As he doesn’t know what politics are about <deleted> and why is he still in charge? 

3- when you have toad of toad hall with all his bling and wrist watches- and all sorted - nothing to see and the NACC  yes ok we’re happy 

4- If the elections happen - all the senate appointed by who else?  The junta! 

5- he can be appointed an outsider PM - which unfortunately will happen 

i love Thailand but it’s going downhill 

Yes it is, that much is very apparent.

Still, I have no dog in the race so I don't actually care if the place tears itself a new pooter or not.  I have a pot to pee in and window to throw it out of, so why would I worry? If the backside falls out of the baht then I will be marginally better off, so if Prayuth wants to Thailand two-step himself into power for another few years, I can afford not to actually give a toss. Not so good for the Thai people though...  hard times ahead for them I think. Poetic justice off-stage right.

I'm happy that you love Thailand. I don't really give a good damn about Thailand or Thais. The reasons I'm here at all are complex and nobody's business but mine, but while I'm here, I'm happy to watch a few folk dig a nice big hole and then jump in - better than watching the Thai soaps.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 3:46 AM, Ossy said:

That is to say, when he's had chance to pick all the pockets of the other parties at the June meeting, he should have enough pieces to put his jigsaw together . . . question is, will it form a winning picture?

Exactly right but there may be a little strong arming taking place as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1