Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

3 hours ago, lanista said:

Possible scenario.........

Dutch kid  21,  maybe first trip to Thailand.

Gets drunk and a ladyboy  marks him.

He thinks its a pretty woman who cant keep her(his)  hands off him.

Goes back to its apartment and discovers that he's in a room with a strange older adult  male with tits.

He panics and his life turns upside down immediately .

There are thousands of ladyboys in the tourist towns and districts. No pretty girls for these guys.

In sin city, there are thousands of stories.

...this is not one of the better ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Not likely s 21 year old man( even a Dutchman) thought a 37 year old ladyboy was a beautiful young woman.

I’m guessing suicide....

RIP

I would say definitely not suicide in this case. Whether he was savvy to the type of lady he was going with or not, that would be a bizarre setting for a presumably healthy young man to decide to jump. 

Perhaps you were joking. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Phaser said:

1. The author should use ‘she’ to describe the transgender woman (‘ladyboy’) not ‘he’. This is 2018 it’s bad enough TG girls in Thailand have no legal rights as in most developed countries.

2. She is 37 and the guy was 21. She was possibly working or at 37 equally possibly just looking for a hot time with a 21 yr old. Regrettably he was drunk and fell to his death - seems on its face unlikely pushed but only she knows.

RIP

Well, maybe I need some educating here. Since I have never indulged I have no personal experience to guide me (Ha!). I thought a 'ladyboy' was just a effeminate male in dressed as a woman, that is, still retaining male organs. A transgender is someone who has the operation to the opposite gender. The article only states 'ladyboy' so maybe correct to say 'he'...or do I have to make a new entry in my dictionary, Ha!

My condolences to the Dutch man's family.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1

I would say definitely not suicide in this case. Whether he was savvy to the type of lady he was going with or not, that would be a bizarre setting for a presumably healthy young man to decide to jump. 

Perhaps you were joking. 

I said guessing, as I really have no idea.

You (as usual) are absolutely certain. I “guess” that’s what makes you openminded...
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Not likely s 21 year old man( even a Dutchman) thought a 37 year old ladyboy was a beautiful young woman.

I’m guessing suicide....

RIP

you ever hear the saying "beer is an ugly girls best friend" ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lanista said:

We will never know the truth as is always the case and this story will be forgotten by late this week. The end

Possible scenario.........

Dutch kid  21,  maybe first trip to Thailand.

Gets drunk and a ladyboy  marks him.

He thinks its a pretty woman who cant keep her(his)  hands off him.

Goes back to its apartment and discovers that he's in a room with a strange older adult  male with tits.

He panics and his life turns upside down immediately .

There are thousands of ladyboys in the tourist towns and districts. No pretty girls for these guys.

What the hell has transgender got to do with anything?   Its either a woman or a man.  A katoey is  man. Alot of farangs  have simple minds expecially on this  forum.

Nothing to do with having a simple mind, there are some subjects most people really dont want to know more about and in my case Lboys, trannys, and all that stuff is one of them.

i much rather let you be the expert on those things.

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps you were joking. 

Thailand is way behind s korea and japan for male suicide so what is your educated opinion on that?

In fact globally thailand is no 46 ( which is shared by sweden as well) and the usa is 48 so presumably healthy young men are not fussed regardless of where they hail from

So many want to pin some blame on thailand for all manner of tragedy.

Suicide is am awful thing without needing to find fault with the populace where it happens 

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

As I understand it, ladyboy is the Western word for kathoey. According to Wikipedia, this means "a transgender woman or an effeminate gay male in Thailand". So whether the Thai individual in the article should have been referred to as a she rather than a he would depend on which of these he or she was, which isn't specified. So "he" could be the correct pronoun in this particular case. 

I know Kathoey people do not have full equality under Thai law, but Wikipedia points out that they "are more visible and more accepted in Thai  culture than trans people are in other countries in the world".

Several popular Thai models, singers and movie stars are kathoeys, of course, and Thai newspapers often print photographs of the winners of female and kathoey beauty contests side by side. 

Credit where it's due.

Tolerance in the culture ok, but legal tolerance....not.

I had a student last year who is going to get the change from man to woman. Even after the change her/hisThai ID will always be male. In the eyes of most Thais she'll always be male or ladyboy, not a woman. I think trans gendered people are more accepted in the west than here. Thailand accepts kathoey, but treat them differently than men or women. That is not equality.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Thailand is way behind s korea and japan for male suicide so what is your educated opinion on that?

In fact globally thailand is no 46 ( which is shared by sweden as well) and the usa is 48 so presumably healthy young men are not fussed regardless of where they hail from

So many want to pin some blame on thailand for all manner of tragedy.

Suicide is am awful thing without needing to find fault with the populace where it happens 

Come again? I think the chances that this unfortunate Dutch dude committing suicide in that situation are almost zero. Maybe you were replying to the wrong post. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I said guessing, as I really have no idea.

You (as usual) are absolutely certain. I “guess” that’s what makes you openminded...

It's really a weird guess. I don't see any logic behind it. Of course, possible, but it doesn't make any sense. What makes sense in this case is either accident or some kind of fight leading to murder. I hope this is well investigated (I know, asking a lot). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phaser said:

The author should use ‘she’ to describe the transgender woman (‘ladyboy’) not ‘he’. This is 2018 it’s bad enough TG girls in Thailand have no legal rights as in most developed countries.

Thank you Sandra, I mean Simon.

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

" raped by deceitful homosexual wearing ladies clothing"

i'm not sure if this forum is reaching new peaks or new troughs?

Well you decide as you're the one that said that even though you put it in quotes to make it seem as though you were legitimately quoting another poster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Lol bib are not stupid. Lady boy would say he go my room boom boom. CASE CLOSED!!

Taking somebody to their own home to murder them

Who does that!

Fred West and his Mrs.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, davejones76 said:

This is absolute nonsense. A Dutch guy taking a complimentary flying lesson from a balcony. Dutch people are to direct for this. This might be another scenario. Dutch follows to the room. He is 21 young and in party mood and drinks. He picks up a chick which he thinks is a girl. Ladyboy goes to the toilet and shows him the hidden gem. He gets into a fight or he gets scared and wants to leave as quick as possible. The ladyboy shows him the exit which is the balcony. Next ... 

"This might be another scenario".

Just as likely not to be and the "absolute nonsense" is your opinion only, why state it as a fact?